KingDebater
TheAlbatross

CM Punk is more powerful than God.

Started: 4/10/2013 Category: Sports

KingDebater

Pro

I haven't been watching WWE for very long, but when I first watched it I knew that CM Punk was very macho. "He must be the most macho thing ever!" I thought to myself. That would mean that he'd be more powerful than God.

Con may point out that CM Punk lost to the undertaker, but everybody knows that CM Punk let the undertaker win because otherwise he would cry.

winner of the WORLD

I thank you.
TheAlbatross

Con

CM punk; although he maybe a powerful human, cannot possibly be more powerful than the omnipresent, omniscient and Omnipotent God. First off you cannot perform a GTS on an omnipresent force. As you obviously have the intelligence of a 9 year old i shall explain these terms to you. Omnipresent means that he is in all places at once, meaning he is behind you, in front of you, next to you, above you and below you (yeah that's right you're floating, see how powerful this guy is?). Omniscient means all-knowing, he knows what moves you will make, how you will make them and most importantly, how to counter them. Omnipotent means all powerful, seriously even without the other two God could still beat you with this you want to try to grapple him? Pillar of salt. You want to kick him? Pillar of salt. Punching? Pillar. Moving out of turn? LIGHTNING.

I bite my thumb at you sir
KingDebater

Pro

I'd like to remind my opponent that it is not up to him to define anything, as he is the contender. God shall be defined as a being who created the universe.

Who is there?
Nobody really even knows if God is actually existing, and you can't be powerful at all if you don't exist. This is a major point in favour of CM Punk being more powerful than God. First, Con will have to prove that God exists.

CM Punk told a lie? OMG!
Not really, but recently, CM Punk stated "I am a higher power" [1]. But how do we know if he was telling the truth or not? Well, lies skyrocket when someone's self-esteem is threatened [2], but CM Punk said it confidently, so it's probably a fact. We don't really know whether God is a higher power or not, so we'll compromise and say that God is half a higher power. This means that CM Punk is more powerful than God.

CM Punk doesn't drink!
As it is understood, CM Punk is straight edge, meaning he doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs. All of these can make you less powerful (e.g. being drunk and breaking your limbs). Since we have no evidence for or against God being straight edge, we will compromise and say he is half straight edge. This means that it's likely that CM Punk is more powerful than God.

CM Punk isn't an old geezer!
There isn't any evidence for or against God ageing, so we'll say he half-ages. Scientists know that the universe is well old, so if God created it, he must be well old too. Plus, everyone knows that old people are very weak, so God must be weak too. Whereas CM Punk is something like 34.

I have given very good arguments to support my case.

CM Punk
[1] https://www.facebook.com...;
[2] http://www.livescience.com...
TheAlbatross

Con

If we define god as the being who created the universe, we see that we are not talking about anything know to man, we are talking about an ALL POWERFUL being who has the power to create universes. Proof of his existence? Does the universe exist? Therefore must then assume that its creator exists or at least existed at some point.

Ok now on to the lies. Confidence does not mean truth can confidently say that i am lord master of the universe but does that that i am? no. it means that I am lying confidently. All the proof we have of CM punk's "higher power" his statement and nothing else. So he can fake punch and kick another actor? So what? The creator of the universe CREATED THE UNIVERSE. That is proof of power right there.

Ok so now we shall move on to um how did you put it? how straight edge "God" is. By stating that "God" is "half straight edge" brings him down to the level of someone who is not the lord supreme creator of the universe, which "God" is

Now I'd like to state my final remark.

Basically as "God" created the universe and the universe created CM Punk, we can assume that God has some sort of file on CM Punk which, as creator, he can edit, which would mean that "God" has power over CM Punk, which of course means that he is more powerful than the flimsy-speedo-wearing-actor-man that is CM Punk
Posted by tttrttffvvt 3 years ago
tttrttffvvt
n m m....
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Ok doing this very detailed, to decrease bias...
Round 1 claims:
Pro: CM Punk is macho, maybe the most macho thing ever; thus more powerful than God (definition: macho = powerful.). CM Punk lost to the undertaker; because CM Punk throws fights.
Con: CM Punk is only a powerful human. God (previously undefined variable) is singular and "omnipresent, omniscient and Omnipotent." God's power cannot be measured by GTS (new undefined variable). Pro has intellect of 9 year old (Ad Hominem attack). Con is floating by God's power. God knows the wrestling moves "pillar of salt," and "LIGHTENING." Con likes to bite his thumbs (relevance?).

Final round claims:
Pro: Con had no right to make previous claims of God, as Pro had not yet defined God (schematics shift? redefinition? Equivocation fallacy.). God is now The Being That Created The Universe. God's existence is not proven, thus not powerful; Con must in a single round prove the existence of the key argument variable (Shifting the Burden of Proof fallacy, previously confused with Red Herring.). CM Punk is a higher power, or lies with confidence; thus occam's razor indicates he's a higher power (why?). God is half a higher power (thus half not exists?). CM Punk is straight edge, God might not be (actually the water to wine thing would have been great to prove him a lush.) Straight arrow's are powerful than anyone not known to be a straight arrow. God ages at half speed, thus a geezer; whereas CM Punk is young (this agrees with macho definition, as old ceases to be macho).
Con: If new definition of God true, God is powerful enough to create universes (clearly not arguing from macho = powerful). By pro's request of defining the existence of being that created universe, the universe exists thus pro's definition of God exists or existed. CM Punk is a paid actor, and his word questionable. God is not half straight edge. God can edit CM Punk to be more or less powerful. CM Punk wears speedos (speedos = not macho? Seems confi
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
The second source was for a point about whether CM Punk was telling the truth when he said he was a higher power.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I'll reevaluate... Please clarify the point to your second source.

Dammit, someone please counter that VB from bigbee99. I'd like to actually vote on this one, instead of just CVB. Bigdee: You are not voting on which is TRUE, you are voting on aspects of the argument!
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
I thought that the definition of God was obvious, but apparently not as Con rudely tried to define God as the most powerful thing ever, so he may as well have defined God as a being more powerful than CM Punk. Your vote is invalid because you said that I committed the red herring, which I clearly didn't as my point was that CM Punk has to be more powerful than something that doesn't exist, and it was never established that God exists. I ask you to change your vote.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
KingDebator: In round one you did not define God as a fiction. In the final round after Con has already made his arguments without knowledge of a limitation, you declare "I'd like to remind my opponent that it is not up to him to define anything, as he is the contender. God shall be defined as a being who created the universe." I may have identified the wrong fallacy, but which fallacy would you call that if in the final round of a debate, someone declared your argument void because they have a different meaning of an undefined variable? Anyway sources set to neutral.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Ragnar, can you please clear up your vote? For sources, you give them to my opponent and yet I used sources but he didn't, and no, Facebook wasn't my only source, and I only used it to show the video. Plus, I didn't commit the red herring fallacy as my argument was that CM Punk (who exists) must be more powerful than something that doesn't exist, and it was never established that God exists.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Enclave, explain conduct and spelling and grammar please.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Yeah this is a troll one. From either perspective, God would win.

God who created the world in six days, well what has some punk done?

God who is fictional can support the weight of some punk no problem, but would crush the punk the other way around (buried under too many bibles).
Posted by iwannaknow 3 years ago
iwannaknow
what is going on with this debate? is it an im bored so i'll just write something type deal?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rest of RFD in comments, where I ran out of space. Pro used sources which were pointless to argument (unless lies define power instead of macho? also con countered on relevance), con used none, thus no source point. Pro organized his argument better, and did not resort to ALL CAPS at random, thus S&G point. Argument: Both sides of this argument are actually fairly weak, but pro failed at BoP and used an increased number of fallacies, including an ugly booby trap of trying to change the debate to "is god real?" which remains a separate debate (hopefully not a single round one). I strongly suggest starting with an argument for CM Punk being the most Macho thing ever, as if he throws a fight because he doesn't want to make the undertaker cry, he'd likely throw a fight to an old man who he'd probably kill (which is noble, but without better defined terms is not macho). Great job on making me laugh uncontrollably, and want to pull my hair out at the same time.
Vote Placed by Pennington 3 years ago
Pennington
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter VB from bigbee99
Vote Placed by bigbee99 3 years ago
bigbee99
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: God is the most powerful being! Nothing ca. Top God's power.
Vote Placed by Misterscruffles 3 years ago
Misterscruffles
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Albatross failed to demonstrate or even concisely define his assertions. Small number of S/G errors made by Albatross, such as "Confidence does not mean truth can confidently say that i am lord master of the universe but does that that i am? no. it means that I am lying confidently." Con cited no sources.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering enclave 101, who failed to give any reasons for the conduct and S&G votes.
Vote Placed by enclave101 3 years ago
enclave101
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had no real evidence that CM Punk could beat an all knowing being that Created the "Earth".
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: countering savedbychrist, pro had some very valid arguments and SBC clearly gave a biased vote
Vote Placed by SavedByChrist94 3 years ago
SavedByChrist94
KingDebaterTheAlbatrossTied
Reasons for voting decision: CM Punk ain't God, YHWH(The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit) is, and YHWH created cmpunk, he's a finite human like the rest of us.