IReason
SamStevens

COD: MW Series (Pro) vs COD: World at War Series (Con)

SamStevens
Started: 2/13/2014 Category: Games

IReason

Pro

Hello! Lets have a debate on which series is better!!
First round is acceptance! My God help your soul!
SamStevens

Con

I accept this challenge. I will be arguing that call of duties based in World War II are better, in my opinion.
IReason

Pro

Hello, thank you for accepting my debate my friend :) I<3 You

Here are some reason why MW2, is better than WW2...
Look at these charts and diagrams.. MW2 sold more than 7 mil units more than World at War!
http://www.vgchartz.com...
Maps: the maps in WW1 and WW2 seem really small, restricted, and boring. After going back to MW2 I realized how great maps like Favela, Estate, Rundown, Invasion, and Highrise were. Besides Rust, the "small" MW2 maps are about the same size as the "medium" and "large" maps of WW1 and WW2. Size is important in maps because it not only makes the game feel more realistic, but it also creates different firefights in different parts of the map, so you never feel like you are getting killed by the same guy over and over.

Guns: Both balance and realistic. You may say there are clear victors when it comes to which guns are the best in MW2, but I disagree. You may use a gun for a while and fall in love with it, but it's almost unavoidable that you will eventually try out a new gun and like it even more. This has happened to me a lot. For example, when I first started playing I thought the Scar-H was the king, but after giving the M4A1 a try, I found that I liked that more. Later, I switched to only using the M16A4, and eventually I went back to the Scar-H, but not for long. Basically what I'm saying is that there is a cycle, and it's really hard to choose a favorite gun which means they are generally balanced. However, LMGs could use a boost because besides the AUG they are rarely used.

Perks: Think about this for a minute; in MW2, the perk "Cold-Blooded" basically combined what "Assassin" and "Blind-Eye" did in MW3, and not everyone used Cold-Blooded in MW2. Why? Because there were other perks that people actually used. To this day I still can't decide between Hardline, Stopping Power, and Cold-Blooded, or between Sleight of Hand, Scavenger, Marathon, or Bling. I'll admit some perks such as One Man A
SamStevens

Con

"Maps: the maps in WW1 and WW2 seem really small, restricted, and boring. After going back to MW2 I realized how great maps like Favela, Estate, Rundown, Invasion, and Highrise were. Besides Rust, the "small" MW2 maps are about the same size as the "medium" and "large" maps of WW1 and WW2."

Yes, I have played on maps like Favela, Terminal, and estate. They are fun. But I like the multiplier experience in call of duty 3, you get to drive M4 Sherman, Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf.E, and willies jeep. You can use vehicles to your advantage instead of just running around and shooting each other. In MW2 you can summon a harrier jet, helicopter, or a predator strike, but my problem is that these options have a time constraint. That helicopter and jet is not going to stay there forever. And when you do control the gun on a helicopter or plane, you are vulnerable. I would rather that my chances commanding a Tiger 1 then being shot at in a vulnerable position.

" Both balance and realistic. You may say there are clear victors when it comes to which guns are the best in MW2, but I disagree."

I really don't like balance. If you balance a game about war you lose the realistic factor. Guns are not balanced. If you choose a shotgun, you need to be a player that gets up and close. Or a sniper, you need cover and distance. Pick a gun, you should pick one that suits your play style, not balance every thing.

" the maps in WW1 and WW2 "

What is a " WW1"? If you mean world war 1, I don't think any call of duties are based in that time period.

I looked at the chart. I have both MW2 and WAW, as well as other call of duties like cod 2 big red one, cod 2( xbox 360), finest hour, etc.
MW2 just did not give the same experience, WAW, and other call of duties that are world war 2 based give a real battle experience based on real historical events.

"It is quality rather than quantity that matters."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Source: BrainyQuote
IReason

Pro

IReason forfeited this round.
SamStevens

Con

"Perks: Think about this for a minute; in MW2, the perk "Cold-Blooded" basically combined what "Assassin" and "Blind-Eye" did in MW3, and not everyone used Cold-Blooded in MW2. Why? Because there were other perks that people actually used. To this day I still can't decide between Hardline, Stopping Power, and Cold-Blooded, or between Sleight of Hand, Scavenger, Marathon, or Bling. I'll admit some perks such as One Man A"

With perks, sure they may enhance the experience, but for if you want a realistic game, it kinda brings it down. Bringing up multiplier in call of duty, where can you command a tank or drive a vehicle in Modern warfare 2? In call of duty 3, you can drive, as mentioned above tanks and other vehicles.
IReason

Pro

IReason forfeited this round.
SamStevens

Con

IReason forfeited. Please vote con.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
IReasonSamStevensTied