nbakeeragha
G.limon

CSU schools are better than UC schools

nbakeeragha

Pro

So, as I am a transfer student, I chose this topic from my experience of applying to to both, UC'S AND CSU.
I am definitely going to CSU, because for me it is not as expensive as UC'S!
CSU, is way better and easier than UC'S school, because when I did apply, the application was so simple and they didn't look for personal statement like what CS asked on their application. Additionally, the fees are cheaper from UC'S fees, which was $55 for CSU that is published in CSU MENTOR, in "CSU APPLICATIONS AND WEBSITE HELP."
However, for UC $70--and that's according to University of California admission that is on the UC'S website.
G.limon

Con

UC schools are not meant for everyone as they are more fit for students coming out of high school taking AP classes heading straight into college. There are more options for freshman as in course taking for those coming out of high school than the courses at CSU's.
nbakeeragha

Pro

You are right by what you have been said because according to a "Difference Between" website by an article names "Difference Between UC and CSU" that published in 2010. However, they also mentions that " CSU can offer very good postgraduate options, there are also more options for freshmen coming directly from high school." From my experience, and as I work at Norco College in the EOPS program, there are different programs at CSU like the program that I worked on and it called also "EOP" which I got accepted to in Cal Poly Pomona. This program can help students who came from high school and from college, too. As it published in Cal Poly Pomona's website in EOP section by EOP's services: " They offer academic advisor, tutorial services, and grant."
G.limon

Con

You are right about EOP and how it benefits students but UC's may offer courses for higher achieving students. Campus Explorer posted on their website on February 2017 that CSU's do not offer many advanced level degrees as UC's. In addition, UC's are know for their research and theory based teachings.
nbakeeragha

Pro

That's absolutely right becouse yes UC school are more likely for studies and researches, however, CSU based on a website named "differencebetween" that published an article in there called "Difference Between UC and CSU" the writer mentions there important things about CSU:
1- "CSU offers education appropriate for professional positions that are not research oriented."
2- "CSU leans toward developing smaller class sizes."
3- "CSU classes are more likely to be taught by a single, consistent professor."
So, don't you wanna work after getting your degree? for that, CSU will lead you for being able to work with companies, banks, or even hospitals, not like US's!
Moreover, I have a friend from here and she graduated from UCLA; she lives in Corona, California and she is a pharmacist.
She was struggling in finding a job after she graduated in 2015--and it took her more than a year to find a job. And by the way, she told me that "it is not really what I was dreaming to find after spending lots of money in UCLA," but she needs to work.
G.limon

Con

Yes you are right about the CSU's being better for smaller classes but that does not mean you can longer work for the degree you want in a UC. In an article posted by the University of California on August 15th, 2014 they stated that the UC produce 40 percent of the undergraduate degrees in California along with 70 percent of the doctoral degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math. With these degrees not only will you be able to go for the job you want, but get a higher and better pay than a lower degree. This also means that more than half of doctorate degree owners graduated froma UC rather than a CSU'S.