Drewby007
demonhunter1

Call Of Duty is No Longer a Fun Game Franchise

Started: 3/29/2016 Category: Games

Drewby007

Pro

The Call Of Duty gaming franchise is no longer entertaining. It seems that it is the same game being released every year. There are only minor differences between them now. Ever since the first MW and MW2, the games have become a "DLC Fest" and there is a bombardment of extensions being thrown at the consumers. I have been playing ever since before MW and I deeply enjoyed the games. Ever since Ghosts, it has spiraled out of control. The producers are just milking the franchise and putting the same game on the market every year.
demonhunter1

Con

COD, its fun, you have a great argument, but listen up, people still play it, and they have lots of fun, yea hackers have ruined some parts of the game, but they cant ruin the whole game, you have zombies, private matches, or you can do glitches on the game, theirs a lot to that game.
Drewby007

Pro

I see your argument and I agree with that aspect of the game, but I am primarily talking about how DLC has gotten out of hand and that it seems in my opinion, that it is the same game every year. If you look at the differences between Advanced Warfare and BO3, it seems that there are small differences like different mechanics in the "Thrust Pack" and the ability of wall climbing. With addition to this, there are bombardments of DLC to the consumers. This shows just how desperate it seems that the producers of the game are. If you look at Ghosts, there are hundreds of possible DLC purchases that are completely useless, like changing your in-game character's voice to Snoop Dog. I'm not saying that DLC is bad, in fact, I used to always get the season passes on the older Call Of Duties. All I'm saying is that the extensions have become a bit ridiculous and useless. With this and the fact that the games have become a constant "makeover" every year with no significant changes show just how the franchise has become repetitive and no longer fun to play. If I wanted to play the newest Call Of Duty (BO3), I might as well pay a discounted price for Advanced Warfare instead of paying a price over $100.
demonhunter1

Con

ok, you win
Drewby007

Pro

I see your argument and I respect you for debating with me please vote pro.
demonhunter1

Con

demonhunter1 forfeited this round.
Posted by Tokano 11 months ago
Tokano
This is less a debate about Call of Duty being fun (which is a completely subjective term), and more a lament that it's devolved into a copy and pasted game with sub-par DLC.

Debating whether or not something is fun is useless. Hitler thought it was fun to invade other European countries and slaughter millions of people. Stalin thought it was fun to kill 30 million of his own citizens. People think hardcore math discussions are fun. None of those things sound particularly fun to me.
Posted by raskuseal 11 months ago
raskuseal
I agree. Call of Duty lost what made it CoD. Now it's just anther generic Sci-Fi shooter. I think the series started to go downhill when they moved the series way into the future, such as after black ops two.
Posted by MadisonReneN 11 months ago
MadisonReneN
Wish I could debate with you, but I have to agree with you.