Taralom
ScarletGhost4396

Call of Duty Modern Warfare story lines are better than the Halo series

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Taralom

Pro

While the Halo series campaigns have been very well thought out and developed, the Modern Warfare series leaves the gamer feeling as if those events could actually happen. The gamer feels as if he is actually fighting for something that he believes in and gives him a sense of accomplishment. The Halo series is purely for entertainment.
ScarletGhost4396

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for bringing up such an interesting topic of discussion up on the site, and I will be more than happy to make a response to his inquiry today. Although I very much respect my opponent's position on the topic, I must negate the resolution and stand on the CON side of this debate. Before continuing, I would like to define some key terms from the resolution today:

better: more attractive, favorable, or commendable; more advantageous or effective

storyline: the plot of a story or drama

Halo (series): a science fiction video game franchise created by Bungie and owned and published by Microsoft Studios. The series centers on an interstellar war between humanity and a theocratic alliance of aliens known as the Covenant.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: a first-person shooter video game, developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for PC, Macintosh, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii.

With these definitions, we can make some analyses on the resolution of today's debate and make observations of it thereof to make parameters:

Observation 1: A story is inherently subjective in meaning and requires the audience to make a subjective analysis on the symbolisms and meanings underneath the storylines. Therefore, both members of this debate must include a subjective analysis on the two objects of discussion in order to make this an effective debate.

Now, for my argument:

Contention 1: Halo's plot is more creative.
One of the distinguishing characteristics of the games of the Halo series is not only its fun shooter game quality, but it is also the unique plot it possesses. The main plot of the Halo series to place it at a few short words: it essentially deals with an interstellar war between humanity and a theocratic coalition of aliens. Although there are some parallels to this storyline with that of other popular storylines (and few thereof), it is much more creative in existence in comparison to Call of Duty, whose plot imitates that of countless war themes and American struggles against other nations, including the Soviet Union and/or the Middle East. Examples of media with these themes are the following:

Rambo III
The 9th Company
The Beast

Contention 2: Halo's plot is better in the subjective.
Not only is the plot for Halo for creative, but the subjective view of both plots would show that the storyline for the plot in Halo is also better in the subjective. The message that Halo sends is much better than that of Call of Duty because it shows all of humanity collectively coming together for a common cause, in contrast to the opposing game because shows the image of country against country.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(series)
Taralom

Pro

Taralom forfeited this round.
ScarletGhost4396

Con

I sincerely hope that my opponent is alright since he hasn't been able to post a response, but nonetheless, all of my points have been sustained since he didn't argue against them because he wasn't here to do so, so extend all of my arguments across the flow. Now, to my opponent's case:
The entirety of my opponent's case was nothing more than a short paragraph with a few points, so the entirety of my opponent's case is pretty vague, for the most part. His points are the following:

Modern Warfare leaves people believing that these events could actually happen: There's a difference between people believing that the events could actually happen and the events actually having a possibility of happening. He doesn't explain that in his case, so knock down this point.

Modern Warfare leaves people to think that he is fighting for something: I would assume that he is talking about Americanism here, but assumptions are a dangerous thing, so unless he explains what that means (as well as provides evidence that this is true), then we can't consider this point either.

Halo is purely for fun: Pretty much every video game is just for fun, but they can have the occassional subjective messages behind the plots, as I've explained in my case. Therefore, consider my case over his.

Vote PRO.

Taralom

Pro

Taralom forfeited this round.
ScarletGhost4396

Con

Extend all of my arguments and vote CON. Thank you.
Posted by theitalianstallion 5 years ago
theitalianstallion
I'd take this, but I don't have the time right now.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
TaralomScarletGhost4396Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Puppet911 5 years ago
Puppet911
TaralomScarletGhost4396Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff.