lord_megatron
Integer

Call of Duty is a good game on PC

Started: 6/1/2016 Category: Games

lord_megatron

Con

COD is not a good game on PC as the camera controls and aiming is very difficult. GTA San Andreas had easier shooting than COD.
Integer

Pro

First of all, I do not have any clear idea as to why you have made that assumption. As a person who has had and completed both Games of whom you have mentioned, The aiming of both games are quite easy actually, but i am very aware that it differs from each person to another. GTA San Andreas is a good game yes, but COD is also as good as GTA:SA but not better. You might have thought of that because of many people that seem to hate COD due to it supposedly being the same game as the previous installments, but if you look past that, Its actually a cool and amazing game. The Characters are fleshed out during missions thus making you know them as if they are a real person, The graphics and gameplay are actually enjoyable for most people.
lord_megatron

Con

Now, I played a level or 2 of COD (don't remember which version) on the PC and it is really bad. It is hard to move the character and aim with the mouse at the same time, and plus sometimes the enemy is attacking us from all sides and you can't see anything. We have so little health in Call of Duty. Halo was slightly better than COD, although personally I hate all shooters except strike force heroes. The problem with shooters is the camera controls and the health. The graphics are decent, but it sometimes hangs on low-quality laptops. GTA SA has auto aiming where you just press the aim button and then press the fire button, but in Call of Duty we have to use the mouse to aim which takes up some time. Plus, some levels in COD had so much smoke and fire I couldn't see anything. Limited ammo and reloading is also an issue. I don't think COD is that good a game, even Shadow fight 2 is better than that.
Integer

Pro

Hmm you have made good points, but let's see the problems of them first and if there are any. Hard to move the character and aim with the mouse at the same time:While i agree to this to some extent, These problems can be fixed if you have a fast reaction time, or just very alert of your surroundings. Sometimes the the enemy is attack from all sides and you cant see anything: Well i completely agree with the "Enemy attacks from all sides" part but the "You cant see anything" makes it odd, since you are given just enough time to react, Like i have said before, Reaction time is needed. We have so little health in Call of Duty: I agree with this, but sometimes almost all shooters share this trait, Since everyone's COD skill is different for each and every player, Maybe if you tried out Easy mode. Hmm i see that you hate almost all shooters, Maybe you should give other COD games a shot. and yes i Agree with the problems you have noted with shooters, But your small health recovers quite quickly, and there are also backgrounds and other props around the map that you can use as a cover to protect you from enemy damage, Also if i can recall correctly, In missions of almost all COD games, They feature Partners for you (Ex. Captain Price in Modern Warfare 3) So i figured everything would be easier. I agree that COD has too much smoke and yes i get problems from it too, But when there is a smoke event usually a cover would be nearby, Thus saving you from enemy damage, In almost all maps of COD there are alot of Covers to use. Limited Ammo and Reloading is an issue yes, But like ive said before, There are covers all around the map and there are NPCs to help you. and for that last statement, I Think comparing Shadow Fight to Call of Duty is kinda counterproductive dont you think? I am aware that they are both games and that they give us the same enjoyment But keep in mind that while they serve the same Purpose(Making us happy) There are in totally different Genres.
lord_megatron

Con

What you basically say is I should improve my reaction time. But frankly speaking, I don't think I will take the job of becoming a computer ninja for such a boring game. As for cover, the enemy often circles around it and then starts shooting you, or you are stuck there infinitely as 5-6 enemies pepper your wall and it becomes impossible to get out without getting some damage. Have you played Strike Force Heroes? While it is a basic game and not all flashy like COD, the gameplay is much, much better. COD maps are very complicated as well. Our partners in COD can't aim for nothing and are useless. And of course the enemy somehow knows that we are the player and will aim only for us. The COD partners don't even work as collateral damage. Lastly, instead of our camera moving along with our movements like in GTA SA, in COD we have to move the camera individually which is hard work. I am moving towards the right to the enemies' base, why would I be looking to the left? I think COD is only for hard gamers, and those who want an entertaining, a moderately challenging time should play other games.
Integer

Pro

Okay, I see your Point. but i have done some research and it turns out that Reaction time is mostly needed for competitive plays, and you wont need to be a Computer Ninja to this game, and yes the enemies do circle around the cover, but its not always like that you know, There are some Covers which your enemies cant circle around, and besides if they do circle around they would attack the NPCs, and yes you do get some damage, but theres a sprint button incase you need to escape them, and also the damage you took wont mean much since you basically heal fast, so that completely nullifies the disadvantage. Also i for one, dont think its really hard to aim and shoot, all i have to do is move my mouse to where the enemy is at and then bam, i shoot them multiple times. I think you need time to adjust to FPS games in general, since almost all of them are like that. You cant just base an opinion already since your havent played more than a few FPS games. and if the camera did move like GTA SA, then it would defeat the whole purpose of FPS games, since they need you to point and shoot. and the gameplay of strike force heroes is more enjoyable for you yeah. COD isnt only for Hard/Intense competitive players you know, Take the time to know the games since it takes dedication and effort to learn, learn slowly and maybe, just maybe you might change your mind :)?
Posted by Vict0rian 1 year ago
Vict0rian
I actually don't mind the shooting at least in black ops 3 but the optimization is horrible.