TheGamer1998
MassiveDump

Call of Duty is better than StarFox

MassiveDump

TheGamer1998

Pro

I state that Call of Duty, the new generation of games, is better than StarFox
MassiveDump

Con

This will be the single hardest debate I have ever participated in, but I accept.

Good luck.
TheGamer1998

Pro

Good luck to you too

In Call of Duty, you can go online and play with other actual people which also means meeting others. It is extremely fun but can sometimes be annoying
MassiveDump

Con

http://www.youtube.com...

^that video won't play on the page for some reason, so go ahead and take a click.

Anyway, there is, perhaps, one product of the entertainment industry that I may have even more respect for than My Little Pony...

It is Star Fox.

Now, it's storyline has not been continued since 2006, and we haven't seen any new games for the series since 2011.

But while this game isn't popular nor frequently released, the question we really have to ask ourselves is...

What Makes A Game Better?

To find the answers, we must look to the development of plot and characters, the gameplay, and how the game was revolutionary for its time, which is incredibly important to this debate considering Star Fox's prime was back in the 1990's.

1. Development of Plot and Characters

The story of Star Fox is perhaps the most exciting aspect of the game. Fox McCloud (Fox in above picture) takes over a small mercenary team after his father's murder, along with the last surviving member of the original team Peppy Hare (Rabbit above), former gangster Falco Lombardi, (Bird above), and a close friend of McCloud, the mechanic Slippy Toad (Frog above). Together, they do what the army of their home planet, Corneria, is not capable of doing by journeying across the Lylat System to Venom to take out the tyrant Andross, which Fox is driven to do in order to avenge his father.

Following the plot of the original two games, the team encounters their arch plural form of nemesis, Star Wolf, unseen family members, such as Beltino Toad, and even Fox's love interest, Krystal (Cat above). Each of these characters have incredibly distinct personalities, each game has a distinct plot of its own, every planet a new backstory, every mission leaving you wondering what will happen next.

As opposed to the distinct plot and characters of Call of Duty:

2. Gameplay

Many people will look to the gameplay of a game first and foremost when deciding what makes a game better. And they should! After all, what is the point of a game other than to play it?

And this causes a predicament for Star Fox. Many will note that the gameplay of Star Fox, especially toward the GameCube age, was questionable.

And while Star Fox has never had an online feature, the pre-2006 editions of the games all provided gameplay that was great for its time, some might even consider it outstanding.

In 1993, the original Star Fox game for the SNES was the first ever third/first-person rail shooter that actually simulated the player being inside the ship and flying forward (or in some cases, in multiple directions). In 1996, Star Fox 64 goes without mention as being the most loved game of its time, with, among graphic achievements that I will mention in the third contention, was the first where the player could transport in multiple vehicles, and also provided an exciting multiplayer experience.

Finally, in 2005, Star Fox: Assault was among the first to allow in-game vehicle changes, where you could fly, then walk, then ride a tank in any order you saw fit.

3. The Gaming Revolutions Brought About By Star Fox

1993: Star Fox- SNES: First game with 3-Dimensional graphics, and first with any kind of voice acting (although it was simply "blah blah blahs").

1996: Star Fox 64- N64: First game with diverse voice acting, which was commended by many gaming critics.

2002: Star Fox Adventures- GameCube: It's like Legend of Zelda, with dinosaurs, in space. Your argument is invalid.

2005: Star Fox: Assault- GameCube: An early-on combat game that allowed multiple weapon changes, in-game vehicle changes, also the first Star Fox game that almost ended like a Shakespearean Tragedy, which, admittedly, would have made a better ending.

2006: Star Fox: Command- NDS: Sucked. But COD's had its moments, too.

2011: Star Fox 64 3D- 3DS: On the list of first 3D games made by Nintendo, possible being the first since Nintendo's big cheese Shigeru Miyamoto claims Star Fox as his game of choice.

All info that I didn't already know found here:

[http://www.starfox-online.net...]

Star Fox hasn't been fresh and up-to-date lately. But it surely has provided more excitement to the gaming industry than Call of Duty, regardless of popularity or online features. But online can get annoying sometimes, remember what Pro said?

Star Fox made what I had of my childhood. Oh, those days.

TheGamer1998

Pro

Okay, first off, that call of duty pic you found is from trolino.com, I would know considering it's already been posted on facebook from Trolino, second off, I play call of duty and meet lots of people, call of duty is world wide and extremely popular. finally, This debate is just for the heck of it XD
MassiveDump

Con

Let's give this video another try: http://www.youtube.com...

1. I never implied that picture was real, I simply added it for comic relief rather than to construct my argument.

2. Star Fox is worldwide as well; while not quite as popular, pro has not presented any reason my popularity is an important aspect to deciding what the better game is. Therefore, you, the voter, should consider my contentions first and foremost.

3. Since no one's ever changed society on this site, I'd say all debates are for the heck of it :P But it's a competition. What's the fun in it if you don't try to win once in a while?

Extend All Other Arguments :D
TheGamer1998

Pro

Okay, those are puppets, they got annoying after two direct minutes, Call of Duty is trying to reflect off of real life events where as StarFox does not
MassiveDump

Con

Annoying is subjective, and Nazi Zombies do not relfect off of real life events.

All Round 2 Arguments are Still Extended.
TheGamer1998

Pro

Call of Duty is based on real weapons as well,
MassiveDump

Con

...which does not automatically make it a better game series.

Why Con Wins

Pro ignored that Star Fox has more developed plot and characters.
Pro ignored that Star Fox has better gameplay.
Pro ignored that Star Fox has contributed more to the gaming industry.
Pro dropped that Call of Duty was more popular, although that does not make it a better game.
Pro dropped that Star Fox was annoying, although this is based solely on opinion of a fan-made video.
Pro dropped that Call of Duty has any reflection off real life.

Pro dropped or ignored basically everything.

Advice for Next Time

Argue every contention in every round. Especially in round 5.

You have 8,000 characters and three days. Use 'em up :)

Thanks for offering this debate, Gamer. I hope you go on to do well in later debates.

Conclusion: Call of Duty is NOT Better than Star Fox.
Posted by MassiveDump 2 years ago
MassiveDump
Oh...

._.

...I knew that, I was testing you.
Posted by Trollacracy 2 years ago
Trollacracy
I totally agree with Massivedump's position on the topic, and his arguments.

But one thing annoyed me.
For the love of god,

Krystal is a fox.
A vixen, to be specific. Not a cat.
Posted by PonyGirl 3 years ago
PonyGirl
Sorry Austin but he might be right even though I think call of duty is better. It's all about killing barely any names or characters just soldiers that all look the same and their names are solider one, solider #2 stuff like that
Posted by PonyGirl 3 years ago
PonyGirl
Posted by PonyGirl 3 years ago
PonyGirl
I never played starfox or black ops before but isn't it the same as call if duty? Some one at my school has a tshirt for call of duty. And underneath it there's a subtitle saying call of duty. Lots of boys at my school love that game.
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
Well they just don't support Youtube anymore, do they?
Vote Placed by drhead 3 years ago
drhead
TheGamer1998MassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con put much more effort into his arguments. Pro hardly argued at all. Since debates are more about the delivery of arguments than the subject itself, Con wins.
Vote Placed by GeekiTheGreat 3 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
TheGamer1998MassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Im sorry. COD is not better then the ORIGINAL Starfox's. And pro just had a terrible debate, and was obviously not even trying.
Vote Placed by enclave101 3 years ago
enclave101
TheGamer1998MassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had no BOP
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
TheGamer1998MassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro pretty much dropped every single argument than con brought up. That, combined with con's strong arguments and refutations wins him the debate.