Altercator
Superboy777

Call of Duty vs Halo: which is the better FPS?

Altercator

Pro

Although both games have done very well with ratings and sales, i would have to go with Halo. it's storyline is original every game and keeps you wanting to play the next game, as Call of Duty is the same basic story plot...World War 2.
Superboy777

Con

I will begin by refuting my opponents points. He begins his point by saying that the storyline is original for every game. I ask him to explain this. Halo follows the adventures of Master Chief (which you play as), and has the same grunts, brutes, elite etc. for every game. I ask my opponent how every game is original when nearly all aspects of the games are very similar. Call of Duty is mainly set in WWII. However, the two modern warfare series are set in modern times(which this may not be original, its at least different). The newest one, Black Ops is set during the cold war era. Now for he reasons that I have stated, Call of Duty is much more original in terms of game to game and thus following my opponents logic would want you to play the next game much more.

COD refers to Black Ops while Halo refers to Reach.

In rating a FPS, one has to look at variety. This will be my first point. In the newest COD (Black Ops), there are 44 weapons (without counting numerous attachments for them). In the newest Halo game (Reach), there are only a mere 13 weapons to choose from for the player. One point of COD.

In levels, COD has 15 while Halo has 11.
One point for COD.

Using only my opponents point of variety, I have shown how COD is superior to Halo in terms of things that one can use and the variety of things one can use.

-Thank you

I wait for his next point.
Altercator

Pro

I appreciate my opponents points...all of which are valid.

I will bring up the point that Halo is a sandbox game while COD is a scripted game. A game such as Halo allows you to choose many different paths to ultimate victory. COD, however, has a set way to tackle each problem, which takes on the originality of the game. As in Halo, ther are many ways to take down a scarab, but in COD your enemies will always be around the corner waiting or your attack options are limited...the only way to take down a chopper is with stringer missiles.
Superboy777

Con

My opponent does bring up an interesting point that COD is a scripted game. However, I still believe that gameplay in terms of choices and fun things one can do in COD outweighs those in halo. If one refers to http://www.suite101.com..., then one will find the fact that in COD, players get bonuses and advantages after getting 3 kills, 5 kills and 7 kills in multi-player mode. None of the Halo games offer this. As I have demonstrated before, and my opponent has not refuted, COD has a greater variety of weapons and thus a greater amount of ways one can kill their enemy. COD is more realistic warfare, as people cannot actually survive shotgun shots to the head, so people have to be much more careful and think more in the game as opposed to charging at the enemy with your energy sword.

For my opponents second point, http://answers.yahoo.com.... This website shows that a person can take a chopper down with a sniper rifle and one of the responses says that any weapon is suitable.

In this, http://answers.yahoo.com..., it shows that rocket launchers, machine guns and even pistols can all take a chopper down. My opponents point is invalid.
Altercator

Pro

I thank my opponent for responding.

I will say that after I said that there was only one way to take down a chopper in COD, I read otherwise and I commend my opponent for the information. This said, however, stringer missiles ARE the only practical way to destroy a chopper if you want to live through the encounter (unless you are extremely skilled, which most are not).

I will also say that while there may be more weapons and perks in COD, Halo's armor abilities can also turn an opponent's weapons against him, thus adding many more satisfying kills than just calling in an air strike or dogs. As far as weapon types go, there may be more in COD, but they are almost all different versions of the same type of gun. Halo's weapons are all distinct from the others, making it possible for a person to kill an enemy with a "less efficient" weapon. Halo's multilayer matches are based on skill and tactics while COD's is based on the better gun or upgrade.
Superboy777

Con

I do not really understnd the argument of a less effiecient. So I will choose to not address it. The way that a player gets upgrades in a multiplayer game is to get kills in a row. Essentially, COD rewards those that are very good players giving them extra perks to kill the other payers. I cannot think of a more satisfying kill than to call an air strike on an unsuspecting victim. However, different people have their own perception of satisfying. For the chopper take down.

These videos offer many ways to take down coppers. Now, while COD's weapons do have similarities, the sheer variety they offer outnumbers that of Halo's as my opponent has agreed to before. Halo and COD have many similarities, but as I have shown before and refuted any point that my opponent has offered, I think that COD is the better FPS.

Vote Con.

-Thank you.
Posted by Superboy777 6 years ago
Superboy777
and the new one too..
Posted by Superboy777 6 years ago
Superboy777
notice, my opponents poor attempt of making a new account to vote bomb
refer to cshock
Posted by System113 6 years ago
System113
Step 1: jump up and down spraying battle rifle.
Step 2: throw grenades once clip is empty
Step 3: melee
YAY!!!!!!!
Posted by TheAtheistAllegiance 6 years ago
TheAtheistAllegiance
Apparently you don't play Halo very much. Halo requires extreme amounts of team coordination and manual dexterity compared to COD because it takes more than one shot to kill somebody. Timing and controlling the power weapons is part of controlling the map, which requires a tactical team effort. Anyone who runs around on their own in Halo is going to get destroyed and make their team lose.
Posted by System113 6 years ago
System113
Halo is not a sandbox game, it's still scripted, not as heavily though. And neither games multiplayer uses tactics. It's more about a group of lone people doing their own thing. And in halo the best player is the first one to get the rocket launcher/energy sword.
Vote Placed by rstreeter13 2 years ago
rstreeter13
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I think that pro had superior arguments and I agree that Halo is a far better fps than Call of Duty.
Vote Placed by masterchief12 4 years ago
masterchief12
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Halo is less realistic, but I think it provides a "break" from COD.
Vote Placed by mike374040 4 years ago
mike374040
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Cod is better
Vote Placed by Crede 5 years ago
Crede
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con just had better arguments. Having been an avid player of both games I'd have to say COD dominates when it comes to multiplayer. That song in the helicopter clip reminded me of another COD clip...check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzfJbB5yQBQ
Vote Placed by Sensei 6 years ago
Sensei
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Vote Placed by knucklepuk 6 years ago
knucklepuk
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Vote Placed by System113 6 years ago
System113
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Vote Placed by CShock 6 years ago
CShock
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Vote Placed by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied
Vote Placed by rogue 6 years ago
rogue
AltercatorSuperboy777Tied