DeadExcuses
Vict0rian

Call of duty is a more casual game than battlefield

Started: 5/29/2016 Category: Games

DeadExcuses

Pro

Only rule is that there will be no foul language, name calling, Personal experiences are allowed without proof but don't have to be taken as proof in any point. or moot points for example "call of duty is full of kids"

This is my 1st debate, I look forward to seeing how this goes.

I believe battlefield is less casual and more competitive that CoD.

Call of duty is a fast paced FPS that is comprised of small maps, small teams which comes down to who can see who first with recoil for most guns not being too hardcore from my knowledge (before ghost) recoil and ADS also seem to not be a big deal in call of duty as you are able to quick scope in most every call of duty which is a weird concept being able to shoot without a cross-hair seconds after scoping in before the animation is done and having it be relatively accurate while that might take some skill to do, that leaves me to wonder how hard it really is to aim and shoot when there is little gun control needed to accurately shoot.

I will leave a link to two burst fire weapons. One from call of duty and one from battlefield. Here we can see that recoil pasterns from battlefield are much harder to control and much less predictable.

http://symthic.com...
https://s3.amazonaws.com...

And last is Kill streaks, Simply put you can do ok and get a 525 points for a hell-storm missile, you then use that to get a huge lead to your next kill streak say the Stealth chopper or the Warthog which leads to helping you get the Swarm or K9 unit and even then if you don't get to the next kill streak you can stay in 1 spot and wait for people to pass by and kill them till you get what you need. Having played this game at one point I can say this is what I have done many times.
Vict0rian

Con

Now I personally don't think any of these games are necessarily competitive (Cs:go is my jam) but when it comes to Cod vs battlefield i'm gonna have to side with Cod. The main reason I think this is because when you're playing Cod you're in a much closer space. I find my self wondering around the map and just shooting things when I play battlefield however when I play Cod everything is very clear and concise even if it is fast paced.

Tl;dr, I feel like the maps are too large in battlefield and makes it much more of a game about wondering around where as call of duty forces you to do gunplay at every corner.
DeadExcuses

Pro

I myself am a cs:go player as well as LoL.

While it is true that battlefield maps are much bigger I believe that to be the more competitive part. When I play CoD I run around the map 15 times shoot people kill people die and repeat. When I play Battlefield I never run around the edge full circle or even close as that would take a few minutes. You cant simply sit in a corner and get easy pickings on battlefield as there is a chance that as little as 1-5 people will cross your path on most maps (unless you are sniping) like Gulf of Oman or Pearl market. on battlefield you have to be actively moving around objective to objective or you forfeit helping your team in anyway. Another skill aspect is classes, you have to choose if you want to supply your team with ammo, heal and revive them, take out vehicles, or snipe.
When you said you find yourself wondering around shooting things, that is simply you not PTFO which I don't mean as a put down its just an acronym I felt suitable to your situation. not playing the objective in battlefield is usually the only way you end up just wondering around shooting things which could hurt your team.
Vict0rian

Con

What I mean to say is that when you're playing the game you encounter people rarely and I don't find the gun play very engaging. Another thing is that when you're playing it is a game that is nearly impossible to play without a group of friends because then you can all get in a car and over power everyone else that's just playing solo. Maybe you would see that as somehow more competitive but I find it just to be a pain. Don't get me wrong team coordination is an important competitive skill but in battlefield it's a lost cause unless you know people on the team.
DeadExcuses

Pro

Forget to mention but Round 4 is only for answering if your opinion of either game has changed in any way no debating.

Yeah a pain when you are solo. I play solo to 3 man squads either way it is still more coordinated attacks solo or not considering you can still hop into a bf4 squad and talk or type to them. it takes more team work. you cant have 4 snipers you need a mix of 2-4 of them so you can revive your team in a heated battle and hand out ammo to soldiers low while defending a point Gettysburg style. Vehicles are a nuisance when your team does not know how to play the game. When you have knowledgeable players they will know two people firing missiles at it will kill it after 4 or so rockets. or you could get your own tank and have an eng repair you from the back so you can sustain longer. there are ALOT more variables in battlefield to determine who will live, die, lose , win. The guns have horizontal, vertical recoil. harder spray pasterns and the guns have their own play-style. CoD you just try and survive long enough to get kill streaks and destroy the enemy team, be that by killing everyone like a skilled player or hiding and caping points
Vict0rian

Con

Alright... sorry to kinda change the subject but I kinda wanna take a moment to talk about matchmaking and the games platform. With battlefield on PC you have to go through Origin and then once you launch it opens a web page and then you have to find servers manually. As for cod you just launch the game and click a few buttons and your in a game and match made which is so much easier. Also another little point is that Cod has a hardcore mode and many different gamemodes to play that offer allot of variety.

...I dunno i'm running out of Ideas xD
DeadExcuses

Pro

My view on Call of duty being less competitive still stands I saw no reasons to change my mind but I see where you are coming from and think the points you did make were ok ones but more in depth responses and longer ones would have been nice.

I will challenge you to another debate on that if you like.
Vict0rian

Con

Well... iv'e learned that I should just stick to playing CS:GO

So... not much.