Johanna_silva
PowerPikachu21

Camping is better than staying in a Hotel

Started: 10/12/2016 Category: Funny

Johanna_silva

Pro

Nature, beauty and self cooking says it all. I love camping, it is so much better than just staying in a boring hotel.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Mosquitoes.
Johanna_silva

Pro

They are part of nature. What do you do in a hotel? nothing, you eat something that the staff cooks for you, sleep in a nice bed but there is nothing really special about that. In camping there is always new things that happen and you have wayyy more fun.
It is not as comfortable as a hotel but nowadays people have a mindset that only comfortable things are good, and that is such a mistake
PowerPikachu21

Con

For camping, you need more things. Here's a list of what you need for camping:

- Shelter needs to be manually built
- Sunscreen
- Bug Repellent
- A lighter or matches to make a campfire
- Food and drinks
- Good campfire stories, or at least something fun

As for hotels, you would need:

- Money to go there
- There's probably a TV in your hotel room. You can also bring your phone, or a gaming system for entertainment
- Room Service brings food and drinks to you
- You're indoors, so no bug repellent or sunscreen needed
- Also, no campfires needed

Going to a hotel is clearly less work. I do concede that many hotels cost a few hundred dollars, but I don't want to deal with mosquitoes everywhere. You have to bring many things to go camping, whereas going to a hotel, you hardly need a backpack!
Johanna_silva

Pro

Staying in a hotel is almost like staying at home, but in a more luxurious way. When you return home, there is nothing really special to remember.
And yes, camping requires more time and work, but at the end it totally pays off.
And by the way Campfires with marshmallows are just the best thing eveeeeer.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I will examine my opponent's claims now.

Rebuttal:

"What do you do in a hotel? nothing, you eat something that the staff cooks for you, sleep in a nice bed but there is nothing really special about that." - Round 2

Well, the point of hotels is for a place to stay away from home for a while. You don't vacation to a hotel, merely get a place to stay during the vacation.

"It [Camping] is not as comfortable as a hotel but nowadays people have a mindset that only comfortable things are good" - Round 2

So there's another benefit of hotels; comfort. For camping, you have a sleeping bag. In a hotel, you get a mattress. Which sounds more comfortable?

"Staying in a hotel is almost like staying at home, but in a more luxurious way." - Round 3

So you concede hotels are luxurious. Luxery is a benefit that camping doesn't have.

"When you return home, there is nothing really special to remember." - Round 3

Well, I guess I should've pointed this out. Hotels are usually not a vacationing spot. I concede some hotels are merely beds, maids, and food. Some hotels offer a wonderful stay, assuming you have the money (5 star hotels don't come cheap). But the point of them is to have a bed so you can stay and play Family Feud or whatever.

"And yes, camping requires more time and work, but at the end it totally pays off." - Round 3

I still don't like mosquitoes. And what benefits does camping have, again? Nature? Yeah, I'd rather be home.

"And by the way Campfires with marshmallows are just the best thing eveeeeer." - Round 3

Opinions! I like McDonalds, which I'm having tonight, actually. Also, I like roast beef and salad, which you can get at some hotels.

Argument:

Let's review what I've said.

Camping requires much work, you need Bug Repellent, Sun Screen, a tent building kit, and much more. Hotels, you just need money.

In the end, it is our opinion. However, hotels can be nice to go to. You can look at our arguments and see which is better. But don't vote just because you think hotels are nice. Why are my arguments better? Vote away!
Posted by FanboyMctroll 11 months ago
FanboyMctroll
Camping is fun when you are under 40 years old, after that nobody wants to sleep on a hard ground in a damp sleeping bag with mosquito's, rustling in the bushes outside and no shower in the morning.

I prefer hotels, get a good nights sleep, feel rested in the morning, no sore back, and a nice continental breakfast waiting for me downstairs. And I don't need to clean up or pack things away, I grab my bag and I'm gone.