Wa
JMCika

Can Cannabis be used for curing cancer?

Wa

Pro

Does Cannabis work to eliminate cancer?

Rules:
First round - accept
Second - State your claim
Third - argue opponents claim
JMCika

Con

I accept. Best of luck to you.
Wa

Pro

Cannabis has many chemicals which can be used to cure cancer; two of these chemicals work especially well. delta9-THC and CBD, are two amazing cures. These two compounds activate the CB1 and CB2 receptors on cancer cells. When CB1 and CB2 are activated in cancer cells they cause an increase in ceramide. Ceramide is a key ingredient in activating apoptosis. Cancer cells have low ceramide, this is what causes cancer to grow uncontrollably. Apoptosis is the death cycle of a cell.

When cells have an increased amount of ceramide it allows cytochrome c to exit the mitochondria of a cell. This makes the production and use of ATP impossible, suffocating the cell of energy. This shows how cannabis does not make the body toxic, like chemo... but makes the cancer cells die of starvation.

Also a quick note delta9-THC and CBD do not cause an increase of ceramide in healthy cells.

This works, much better than chemo and radiation, it cures all cancers and is non-toxic. Chemo therapy and Radiation only have around a 2% success rate.
JMCika

Con

Cancer is an awful disease. It is estimated that 1,658,370 people will be newly diagnosed with some type of cancer this year[1] and an estimated 589,430 people will die this year from cancer[2]. There is no doubt that cancer is a horrible disease. In my opinion these numbers, which don’t include the people currently suffering from cancer, are too high. Cancer is an incredibly complex disease. Most people think cancer just involves a bunch of cells that keep reproducing. This is true but it is so much more complex than this. Due to the complexity of cancer, it blurs the lines on what it means to be “cured.” Most people confuse the terms remission and cure. The term “cure” implies that the cancer is gone forever. This is something that cannot be guaranteed by any means. In order to be truly “cured” of cancer every single cancerous cell must be destroyed[3].

Let’s look at the topic of this debate using the definition of “cure” given by the American Cancer Society. Can cannabis kill, or get rid of all the cancerous cells in your body? The answer to this is simply no. According to the American Lung Association, marijuana has 33 cancer-causing chemicals[4], and according to the Cancer Research Center there are 50 of them[5]. One of these carcinogens is a compound called benzyprene. As we all know cannabis contains a chemical called THC, the chemical that actually makes you high. Research has shown that THC causes benzyprene to promote the TP53 gene to change[6]. This gene is the one that that tells the cell to “self-destruct” if it becomes cancerous[7].

Yes it is true that cannabis can slow the progression of cancer and reduce the spread of some forms of cancer[8]. However, as stated about slowing and reducing spread is not a cure for cancer.

Wa

Pro

I would have to disagree with your statement that cancer is a disease. Even though the western world likes to call cancer this, it is not a disease. Our body creates cancer cells every single day, you have cancer, I have cancer, and so does everyone; the reason why our body purposely creates cancer cells is to keep parts of the immune system active. In a healthy body, the cancer cells would be destroyed, but when the body is filled with different toxins and carcinogens, the lymphatic system gets clogged. When this happens our bodies can't kill all of the cancer cells, and many healthy cells will become cancerous. Cells cannot maintain a state of homeostasis in toxic anaerobic environments, this toxic environment is due to the clogging of the lymphatic system. Once this happens the cancer cells form things like tumors, these tumors are a survival mechanism of the body. The role of the tumors are to absorb many of the toxins, metabolic waste products, carcinogens, and other dead cells. If the tumors did not do this the body would enter a state of septic shock; this is much worse then having tumors in the body, since the mortality rate of septic shock is very high. So your statement that in order to be cured of cancer you must have all cancerous cells be destroyed in the body, is incorrect. What it means to be cured of cancer, is for large tumors to die off, and unclog of the lymphatic system.

While I would not advise the smoking cannabis, I would take cannabis oil sublingually, this allows an immediate absorption of THC and CBD into the blood. There also Studies that show smoking cannabis does not have any harmful effects to the body, since THC and CBD can counter the affects of other ingredients and Cannabis, but right now we will not be arguing this.

Organizations like the American Cancer Society and other organizations do not want a cure for cancer, simply because they make A LOT money off of it. Are you aware that for every dollar of the American Cancer Society makes less than half a penny donated to childhood cancer, and all funds donated only go to chemotherapy and other radiation treatments; no money is donated for homeopathic remedies. The medical field is a multibillion-dollar industry, it does not want to cure people, it only wants people to stay alive. Oncologists buy chemotherapy drugs on wholesale and sell them to their patients at a much higher cost. This is the only field in medicine where doctors make a profit off of selling drugs to patients, you could easily see how he patient can be abused. Cancer is also one of the highest moneymakers in the medical field, because of chemotherapy treatment and radiation treatments. These treatments can be patented, but unlike these patentable treatments, cannabis cannot be patented since it is natural, this is also why other homeopathic remedies are not given research funding. Since cannabis cannot be funded, modern medicine will never use it, since there is hardly any money to be made. This is also the reason why many organizations Will not promote the use of cannabis, if everyone knew that worked no one would use toxic chemicals which are more likely to kill you then cure your cancer.

Chemotherapy drugs will only clog the lymphatic system more than it was previously, this is why it only has a 2.1% chance of curing cancer. As I mentioned earlier, a clogged lymphatic system will only promote the use of the survival mechanism cancer.

Organizations like the FDA are out for profit as well. Doctor BurzynskI is he doctor formulated a very successful way to cure cancer, with Studies that he completed, and other private studies showed the success rate of his treatment. Initially the FDA supported him, but later on after realizing Little money is needed to treat people, the FDA tried to make his treatment illegal, after many lawsuits and court cases, he finally won; this is another prime example that the medical field does not want to cure you, but just keep you alive because you are money in their pockets.

Please research all of the things I have said, and see for yourself how corrupt the medical field is.
JMCika

Con

Normally I would stick with in agreed rules of this debate; however I feel the need to respond to both of my opponent’s responses. So let us dive in and begin.

My opponent’s first came is that delta9-THC and CBD activate CB1 and CB 2 receptors on cancer cells which result in an increase in ceramide. He goes on to explain that ceramide is involved in apoptosis. Let me remind the voters that he provides no evidence to support this claim. After attempting to research this I came up with no credible resources. I found a source that mentioned it in theory but there have been no clinical trials to support this claim[1].

Next he makes the claim that ceramide removes cytochrome c to be removed from the mitochondria. Again he provides no evidence of this claim. After a Google search I came across a source for this one. It is from an article written by Dennis Hill on a website titled “Cure your own Cancer.” This article talks a lot about tests in cultured cells however there are no clinical trials. So assuming these studies are factual, which I am willing to do; you will still need to get the active ingredient in the correct dosage over the actual cancer site to elicit the effect[2]. Smoking or consuming cannabis would never produce a THC level high enough to kill a cancer cell[3][4].

The next claim made is that chemo therapy and radiation only have about a 2% success rate. Like the previous comments there is no source listed. I have no idea how this number was derived. In this PDF provided, it goes over all the new cases and deaths for just about each type of cancer. Each type of cancer has a higher success rate than 2% for chemo and radiation[5].

Next he claims that cancer is not a disease. I do not know how to argue with this because it’s just wrong. He goes in to an incorrect generalized Pathophysiology of cancer. A single model for the Pathophysiology for cancer cannot be used. Depending on what researcher you talk to there are between 100-200 different types of cancer[6]. Yes there are many cancers that spread through the lymphatics, however cancer is not caused by clogged lymphatics[7]..

Next he claims that there is a conspiracy! They don’t want a cure! They want the money. This debate has nothing to do with conspiracies. If you want to debate a health topic you should be willing to accept the research presented by the leading experts.

I am not denying that cannabis is a wonderful drug to help with pains and the other physiological effects and psychological effects of cancer. However current research shows us that as of now there is no cure for cancer in cannabis. Weather you smoke it or take the oil sublingually as Wa advised make sure you know the facts, make sure you know what you’re taking.

Posted by Wa 2 years ago
Wa
Oh I agree with that but, cancer is caused by a clogged lymp system but just cause you have one doesn't mean you have cancer

And here's a journal with ceramics and cb1 cb2 receptors http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Posted by JMCika 2 years ago
JMCika
Buddy im not going to sit here all night and argue with you. I am not saying that cancer doesn't form in those conditions, however just because you lymphatics are "clogged" doesn't mean you have cancer.
Posted by Wa 2 years ago
Wa
It was suppose to be about ceramics and apoptosis...
Posted by JMCika 2 years ago
JMCika
There's no results. The abstract essentially says this is what we looked at and there is noting even mentioning THC or cannabis or anything of the sort.
Posted by Wa 2 years ago
Wa
And since you have a BSN I would think you could see how cancer cells develope in low oxygenated, toxic, parts of the body. And these places are like that because of a clogged lymphatic system not properly working????
Posted by Wa 2 years ago
Wa
Okay want me to find you one that's not Wikipedia okayyyy it'll take me two more secconds
Posted by Wa 2 years ago
Wa
Like honestly this isn't a conspiracy theory, why don't you do another two second web search and see how oncologists mark up the price of chemo drugs...

Like it's right in your eyes but you won't even consider it, why? Because you are ignorant
Posted by JMCika 2 years ago
JMCika
wikipedia? really?

I have a BSN so I understand modern medicine and the lymphatic system.
Posted by Wa 2 years ago
Wa
First off a simple web search that took me TWO seconds found things on ceramide: http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Next why don't you take a sometime and study how the lymphatic system works, then research how cancer cells form. Two plus two equals four in this case, very easy!

So before you call me a lunatic you have to research my side of the debate and double check EVERYTHING modern medicine tells you!