BIBLETHUMPER
Wylted

Can Christians be gay

Wylted

BIBLETHUMPER

Con

Fact: God sent his son to forgive us our sins.
Fact: God said not to be "homo" in Romans (1:27).
Fact:God is not stupid.
Therefore those who KNOW Gods rule, and use John 3:16 are misusing it.
Wylted

Pro

Here is my main source. Please read this before reading the rest, if for nothing other than fun. Also note I was challenged to this debate. http://www.debate.org...

Romans 1:27 says "And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved."

However just a few pages past that, and probably the same page in most bibles it says in Romans 3:23 "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard."

You don't become a Christian by being sinless. The bible states this is impossible. You become a Christian by accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and asking for forgiveness for your sins.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

You can be a homosexual, serial killer or any other deplorable thing in the world and be a Christian, because Jesus has been sacrificed in your name.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Yes, the Jews, Muslims and Christians share the same God. Why are you repeating what I said, but saying it in a different way? Are you just not smart enough to realize that is what I meant
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
No there's only one God!
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
It's the same Abrahamic God, bro
Posted by IAmMuslim342 1 year ago
IAmMuslim342
That's really messed up. So if someone pays their taxes, gives charity, he's kind to everyone, helps everyone, makes old people smile, gives children a laugh, contributes to the society, he'll go to Hell because he doesn't believe in Christ whereas a murderer and someone who rapes children can go to Heaven if they believe Christ to be the Saviour ? What kind of a god is that? If you ask me, in this sense, and every other sense imaginable, Allah is much better. Actually, THE BEST.
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
your athesit?
huh
oh wait
that part adds up
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
You can commit sins and later become a Christian by being baptized in Jesus name and recording the Holy Ghost but you can't be gay, kill etc and be a Christian at the same time. Would love to debate this one day tbh
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
I believe Christians can't be gay and go to heaven however the side backing this ideology up failed to present a good argument so w.e
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
You heard it from the man himself
Posted by TheRealGod 1 year ago
TheRealGod
Christian can be gay because I say so
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
I'm an atheist
Vote Placed by pimpmaster 1 year ago
pimpmaster
BIBLETHUMPERWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: what physically prevents a Christian be attracted to the same sex? Neither really made a good argument but Pro was better and more explained, yet neither addressed the actual debate question. If the question was can a "good" Christian.... or does the bible support... But I did not read anything that would remove the person's claimed religion if they were intimate with the same sex. FYI If you exend "gay" to females, there is no verse in the bible that condems woman on woman. In fact it is rather specific to men and not women.
Vote Placed by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
BIBLETHUMPERWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well here's the thing I don't believe and my religion which is apostolic doesn't believe you can be gay kill and commit inimical actions and be a Christian at the same time. My view didn't change at all regarding this debate so con won there. Also the pro sides interpretations of a scripture were a big jump from the scripture itself. Just wasn't convincing. However con didn't even state scriptures and didn't provide an argument with a proper structure which pro did. So that's why I didn't pick someone for argumentation because it lacked on both sides. Sources I would have to say pro simply because pro had scriptures and the words for the scripture itself while con didn't provide the words. Also pro had a link as well so pro wins there. Grammar also was won by the pro I liked the use of the ; I am not s big grammar guy myself but I appreciate it when it's utilized.
Vote Placed by Rosalie 1 year ago
Rosalie
BIBLETHUMPERWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: All Pro had to do was show that Christians in the Bible did engage in homosexual activities, and Pro did. Since the resolutions has the word "can" in it, Pro showed it was possible.