Debatwinnerpro
Gerrd

Can Christians listen to Metallica?

Gerrd has forfeited round #2.

Debatwinnerpro

Pro

I want this debate to be different than the last... dont just name off some irrelevant scriptures.

state your point of view is the first round...

i believe that Christians CAN listen to Metallica...
Gerrd

Con

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
Mark 16:14-16, 20
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Habakkuk 2:14-16
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD's right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
Debatwinnerpro

Pro

Your argument is irrelevant... Those scriptures prove nothing whatsoever, please give me something RELEVANT!

Here is my argument:
The Bible has NO SCRIPTURES AGAINST listening to Metallica, so I cannot bring any scriptures up.

A lot of Christians just want to rule other peoples lives and tel them what they can and can't do, like the Pharisees. I'm a christian but I'm NOT religious..

Metallica never condones Satan, or anything really bad.

James Hetfield believes in a higher power.

Even if you CAN find a scripture proving me wring, take this verse into Account.

Leviticus 11:8, "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you." this verse bans playing football with authentic pig skin, some of the bibles laws are just plain retarded.
Posted by Perussi 1 month ago
Perussi
m E t A l L i C a !

I don't like the lead singer's voice so I don't like any Metallica.
Posted by SirNoodles518 2 months ago
SirNoodles518
Yes the Bible doesn't specifically say "Don't listen to Metallica" so you can't find evidence like that. But I think that as long as it isn't a song that's praising the devil it's fine. However, I think if you can easily be influenced by the music you listen to it's the best you avoid listening to music that may promote activities that could potentially lead into sin.