AmarNathH
brutaldubstepa

Can "GOD" be something that can't be explained by current theories of science??

AmarNathH

Pro

Can "GOD" be something that can't be explained by current theories of science??. Like earlier Photoelectric effect can't be explained until a new theory was found (by Albert Einstein).
brutaldubstepa

Con

No there is no way science can prove god. you can't prove or disprove a deity. it all comes down to faith which is flat out public opinion. give me proof that a God exists and ill research it. biblical reference does not count.
AmarNathH

Pro

I agree with you my friend that i can't explain god..... because no current theory of science can prove "GOD"..well i'm not an Albert Einstein to create a new theory...... and also here my argument is that science can't explain "GOD"....and not that science can't explain "GOD"and i can explain....and talking about faith we can say the faith is created when we are small children and we see our parents praying and we believe that there is "GOD"..But, how did the notion of "GOD" begin at the starting of mankind....
brutaldubstepa

Con

"..But, how did the notion of "GOD" begin at the starting of mankind...." Simple the notion of God didn't That question can be trumped with this. What proof can you give me that God created man? What about did man create God?

Since your question was "can science explain God" I have yet to see science explain a god or the motives of a god BUT (as I like to call it a theory) the theory of the bible thoroughly explains god a so called god of his people killed his people and for what reason? As to cure a disease he created called freewill as men were being to sinful. And how did he cure it? By slaughtering the billions on earth with a flood.

so I recommend that theory of the bible

But other things can explain god just not his motives.
AmarNathH

Pro

My friend You only said that Biblical Explanation can't be used ....And argument to".....That question can be trumped with this. What proof can you give me that God created man? What about did man create God?...." is if man has created "GOD" then we might be able to fully explain it. (eg. if we make an invention we know how it's made, how it works....we are able to give full information about the invention)(and those things that accidentally find are known as discoveries).....
brutaldubstepa

Con

The reason we cannot explain God as you call it is because we (even though we created him) believe he is of a higher power and there for most do not question God's questionable motives as of the result why people don't understand him or them is because we believe that he is much more knowledgeable than us supposedly. And I said you can't use biblical reference to try and prove God or gods, not that I or you couldn't bring up points from the bible. The fact that we created a deity to worship was only to explain the (at the time of his creation) unexplainable. Thats why we can't explain a god as he is used to explain the unexplainable and our limited human brains (no offense to anyone) can not comprehend such immense knowledge and power-yet. We are getting smarter though but we also can't explain a God or gods with so much power because

1] we don't have such power

2] we don't know if such power has limits

We also can't explain multiple gods because

1] Its hard to explain them if in over two thousand gods (Egyptian religions reference) each one could have a polar opposite

2] multiple gods means multiple ideas and motives between each one and if you can't explain one gods motives you can't explain even 3 gods motives.

3] knowledge is spread to so many different gods that also (mind you) have different ideals at the same time that you can't possibly count and remember each one.

4] imagine all the power that each one possesses you can't comprehend the variety of wonder and destruction presented to you.

The question can science explain god or the existence of god can be awnsered and its N-O

you also haven't brought up hardly any points of your own you have only brought up two and those were unrelated to said topic which was-Can "GOD" be something that can't be explained by current theories of science??

And you haven't brought up any theories facts or a hypothesis of even your own making to prove a point that would be related to the topic.

contradiction time!

quote from the pro side!-"I agree with you my friend that i can't explain god..... because no current theory of science can prove "GOD""-opening statement for round 2.

also science may not be able to explain God or gods but it can disprove creationism and every good true religion has a creation story for the earth and every creation story to my knowledge has a God or gods so if you disprove creationism than you disprove the said God or gods.

thank you for debating
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
it shows santa, is god
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
If a person looks at how past behavior predicts future behavior, we know thousands of gods have been invented over thousands of years and all have been myths. Belief in Santa shows that millions can all believe in the same thing and all of them are wrong. When accepting a statement as true, there are two basic methods. The first is reason. It is when the known evidence points to the statement being true, and when the truth of the statement doesn't contradict other knowledge. The second is faith. It is when one accepts a statement as true without evidence for it, or in the face of evidence against it. Faith pretends that evidence for or against an idea is irrelevant. Christian and the religious have no intention of assessing their ideas against a systematic set of criteria designed to eliminate personal biases. The only part of the mind that can conceptualise the supernatural is the imagination.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
god=information
Vote Placed by Jation 2 years ago
Jation
AmarNathHbrutaldubstepaTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Pro conceded the debate when they stated: "I agree with you my friend that i can't explain god". This was a mostly incomprehensible debate. I'm still not even clear what the Pro vs. Con position was." I agree with the previous voter!
Vote Placed by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
AmarNathHbrutaldubstepaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I expected a lot lot more from this debate not just "no there is no way" and "yes, there is!". Disappointing
Vote Placed by KroneckerDelta 2 years ago
KroneckerDelta
AmarNathHbrutaldubstepaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded the debate when they stated: "I agree with you my friend that i can't explain god". This was a mostly incomprehensible debate. I'm still not even clear what the Pro vs. Con position was.