Hylian_3000
NZ_001

Can Minecraft and ROBLOX be compared?

Hylian_3000
Started: 11/25/2014 Category: Games

Hylian_3000

Con

I see a lot of people comparing ROBLOX and Minecraft and I just don't see why? I think both are great games, but they just can't be compared like people are doing it.

Con: They can't be compared
Pro: Yes they can (and if Pro wants to they can say which is better)

Round 1: Acceptance Round
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals and any extra arguments
Round 4: Rebuttals
Round 5: Closing
NZ_001

Pro

In my view mine craft is clearly better for many reasons and I think that they have completely different ideas and ideas for end results...

I accept this debate
Hylian_3000

Con

Thanks for accepting Pro.

Let me remind you that we are debating if they can be compared, not debating which one is better.

One thing I like to think is that Minecraft is a game, while ROBLOX is a game engine. Let me explain. In the single player vanilla Minecraft you can either play survival and survive by gathering materials, building shelters, mining, and fighting mobs (or for those of you who don't know, enemy NPCs.) Or play in creative you build, a lot. Those are the mechanics of the game and the game modes, and it makes Minecraft fun. Plus, you access everything through the game.
ROBLOX seems like a Minecraft clone until you actually play for a bit. First, you go to a site to play the games. Second there are lots of games on ROBLOX. I use the ROBLOX studio to create games, and no, it's not like Minecraft. You have to build everything that's going to be in game, and then PROGRAM it. Unlike Minecraft, ROBLOX has lots of different games to play, FPS, RTS, RPG, Action, Horror, Building, Simulation. There are lots!
You see, Minecraft is a GAME with people using the game's tools to create things in game. There really is no ROBLOX game, there are games on ROBLOX using ROBLOX's game engine. This is why there is a lot more variety in ROBLOX, since developers aren't hindered to mechanics that already exist in game.
NZ_001

Pro

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

A forfeit? Aww... I was really hoping to debate more.
I hope my opponent will argue next round.
NZ_001

Pro

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

One more round. All points extended.
NZ_001

Pro

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

My opponent has failed to counter my arguments. So my arguments still stand.

Again, ROBLOX and Minecraft cannot be compared due to their different ideas

I think it is obvious who won this debate, thank you Pro and thank you voters!
NZ_001

Pro

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Posted by Supergreatmystic 2 years ago
Supergreatmystic
Ohmigosh I just finished a debate JUST LIKE this, please support me xD, nah you don't need to but its pretty cool that I just had a debate exactly like this (Which is in voting period as of now!)
Posted by smlburridge 2 years ago
smlburridge
I would like to remind the Con that this debate on whether or not they can be compared, not what the comparison is.

For those who don't know, ROBLOX is an online MMO/building game where players can build and script their own games and let others play them. At least, that's the basic fundamentals.

www.roblox.com
Posted by yejuneyoon 2 years ago
yejuneyoon
What is ROBLOX?
Posted by heners910 2 years ago
heners910
I feel strongly that this debate should be swayed towards NZ_001 from the beginning because of the experience and quality of his debating.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Hylian_3000NZ_001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture