PowerPikachu21
ohdangit0622

Can Pokemon kill you if they existed in real life?

Started: 10/18/2015 Category: Games

PowerPikachu21

Pro

I have reinstated this debate in hopes of having a legit version of it.

Rules:

- Make sure you are planning to attend the debate when you enter. Forfeiting a round means an instant loss for you.

- This debate will be talking about real life only, in case you couldn't tell. The Pokemon World is irrelevant to this debate.

- Be nice.

And without further adieu, here's my statement:

Pokemon can of course kill a human being. If a Pikachu used Thunderbolt, you'd be electrocuted and die. If you can prove some way that humans can survive Pokemon, come at me!
ohdangit0622

Con

I accept your debate

Pikachu's thunderbolt won't kill you.
Most people struck by lightening bolts survived and the skill 100 thousand volt won't kill you because there are tasers more than 100 thousand volts which does not kill
PowerPikachu21

Pro

"Most people struck by lightening bolts survived" Proof? I would like to see this chart of people surviving lightning. (It must say at least 75% of people survived for it to count.)

Also, did you think I was only referring to Pikachu's Thunderbolt? How would a person survive a Fire Blast? A Heavy Slam from a Steelix? An Ice Beam? Thousand Arrows? Primal Groudon's Desolate Land ability?

I'm only saying a FEW attacks pokemon can use. There are thousands of attacks, as well as a few abilities that change the weather.

How would a person survive these attacks?
ohdangit0622

Con

The US officially announced that 9 to 10 percent of the people struck by lightening died.
Pokemon with deadly attack like Magcargo, cannot exist on earth at all because it is 1.77 times hotter than the surface of our sun. Changing weathers like drought and snow warning cannot directly kill you.
But pokemon like Lukario and other fighting pokemons can "beat you to death" but human can do it to
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Allow me to present the things wrong with your claims:

You started off VERY POOR. You said "The US officially announced that 9 to 10 percent of the people struck by lightening died". I asked you to prove the opposite! This proves that a Pikachu can use Thunderbolt to kill a human being. And there is a thing as being electrocuted to death, just to clarify.

"Pokemon with deadly attack like Magcargo, cannot exist on earth" I thought this was a theoretical circumstance; of course many pokemon break common sense! This doesn't mean they can't exist in a video game or television show, in which they have fatal attacks. "because Magarco is 1.77 times hotter than the surface of our sun" Just touching this thing would ignite us. (Remember, this is a theoretical circumstance: IF pokemon existed.) Just so you know, "Pokemon" means "Pocket Monsters". Monsters' designs shouldn't be expected to follow reality, but on the contrary, they are expected to be unique, and disobey physics.

"Changing weathers like drought and snow warning cannot directly kill you" I guess you haven't heard of Primal Groudon's 'Desolate Land' ability, which is new to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Desolate Land creates Intense Heat, which will dehydrate people in a few weeks, not to mention it could make a wild fire! Primal Kyogre has Primordial Sea, which can cause flooding in days, not to mention the impact it could cause on roofs, breaking them causing the house to fill up with water.

Lucario can indeed "beat you to death", as you say. In fact, with a High Jump Kick, it can crack your spine, which is quite fatal. A human can do this too, but, as you've said, Lucario is also capable of doing that. That proves that pokemon CAN INDEED kill you.

My opponent (hopefully accidentally) helped my case which is pokemon are capable of killing a human being. If Con can tell us, perhaps, a method of defense against a pokemon invasion, try! (Except I have a counter for every method)

Let's see how you'll respond.
ohdangit0622

Con

ohdangit0622 forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

"ohdangit0622 forfeited this round.". The rules stated "Make sure you are planning to attend the debate when you enter. Forfeiting a round means an instant loss for you". Because of this, Con automatically loses. (Unless Con objects, which is fine with me)

I extend my arguments through this round. Good game, and vote Pro!

[If you think pokemon aren't able to kill a human being, challenge me to a debate of that.]
ohdangit0622

Con

ohdangit0622 forfeited this round.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
You aren't even hurt by Pokemon? Probably because in the games, Pokemon don't actually attack the player, but instead the pokemon. Well actually, in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and its prequel (forgot the name), Shadow Pokemon do attack your character sometimes.
Posted by 23spareslaterofgod 8 months ago
23spareslaterofgod
wow I am obvious no Pok"mon harms me (including lucario)
I cant even survive 1 quintillion thunderstorms even in roblox slug2012,s obviously lucky nor dead
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Oh, 9% - 10%. Whatever.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Well, my position IS correct, so I shouldn't expect a legit debate on this... Unless someone can prove that pokemon aren't capable of killing a human being. If you can, challenge me to a debate on that. Over and out!