SamJohnson
Ryan_mather

Can Punk Return?

Started: 7/3/2014 Category: Music

SamJohnson

Pro

I personally think punk can and will return. Not only the style but the attitude. There are bands today that claim to be 'punk' but I'm talking Sex Pistols, the Buzzcocks etc. I think it is showing signs of return right now; dressing to shock, rebellious behaviour, rockier music in the charts. I think its what people need. People seem to care too much about everything. And punk can change that. But I want to know others opinions...
Ryan_mather

Con

Sure punk could return, but now there has been a rise in the pop side of modern music. Even pop is just the start there is also a growing increase in dub step across the world since it emerged in England in the 1990's. Since then it has spread across the globe to all countries. pop music is one of the modern day music that everyone has listened too. Either in the car or in the house I would say pop or dub step is the most popular choice. Punk is rarely heard anymore as the time of punk has passed and there is more up to date music pushing punk to the back walls of the modern music chooses.

Ryan,
SamJohnson

Pro

SamJohnson forfeited this round.
Ryan_mather

Con

Ryan_mather forfeited this round.
SamJohnson

Pro

SamJohnson forfeited this round.
Ryan_mather

Con

Ryan_mather forfeited this round.