Can The Bible and Evolution Both Be True? Why or why not?

I think that they both can be true. I believe that the bible is a metaphor.(Ex. the apple is sin)
So lets think A theory is a theory; has any theory been truly correct? So is marginally correct correct? I think that certain aspects of "On Origin of Speices" are true and some are false. I think that god created us all, and got the ball rolling, and let evolution occur. He also guided the process along, and intervened especially with humans. I think he loves us all, and therefore gave us free will. This is called Progressive Evolution. So, what do you guys think? Do you agree with me in a way, think Darwin is right, or side with the Bible literally?

the bible cannot be true. as god is contruction of human imaginaton and humans are a construct of evolution, leads me to go as far to say that god is caused by evolution. by the human imagination as a way of understanding death and how to come to terms with it.

I will admit. There is NO scientific proof to determine or disprove this. I understand the "God is created by human mind" People don't want to live in fear. They want reassurance. But there is a LOT of proof that God could be real. Emotions. We humans are far too complex to be a fluke, naturally created. What got everything here? (Is space like building blocks for angels? DO they like explode stuff for fun? LOL never mind that) Also, with all the dangers of space, how come we still are alive? Scientists are still confused. Even if there isn't a god how the Bible Explains, there is probably a creator. We simply do not know.

Whether or not Darwin is correct, we simply don"t know. Put your faith into whatever you choose to believe. Regardless, his theory is interesting. I believe that he is right to some degree. The simple truth is that a theory is plainly a theory; it is not entirely correct. So, what classifies as a correct theory? If, Darwin is correct to some degree, then yes, he is correct in some aspects. If he is correct to the majority, then, would it be proclaimed correct? Not entirely, but has one theory ever been wholly correct? Darwin can be credited as an ingenious man, and one who has set forth generations of research and thought. Why is extraordinary ""extra" ordinary? Referring to a surplus of ordinary? Yet it means not ordinary. Has Darwin influenced thought intriguing ideas as such? Most likely.

So, lets go to the fifth day, or rather, fifth time period. In that fifth time period, as the bible states, on the fifth day the animals were created, or rather single celled organisms. Upon creating them, God decided to let Evolution take hold. He realized that he wanted a human. So, he created us. But, he created us through evolution. I think that god created time, or the fourth dimension, for our world. Being infinite it didn't affect him. If all the changes to the world happened in a snap, it would have a negative impact. So the visible affects are through evolution.I may be %170 wrong, which I probably am. But I may be correct too. This is my first debate, and I did, uh, mediocre. I didn't even know how the website worked until now, so yeah. Feel free to post your own opinions.

emotions are simply brain chemistry. a facinating primal instinct that all animals have, caused by toxins,dopamine,adrenaline,different hormones. if there was a creative designer the he would probably have created us alot easier dont u think? not complicate many of us with things such as cancer,heart diseases and lack of growth hormones that would damage our standing in society.

and with all the dangers in space. the earth has been struck numerous times by asteroids and meteorites. god have not defened us, he put us right in the middle of it. with one of humanities greatest issues being how to not get wiped out by a single everest sized asteroid.

"Whether or not Darwin is correct, we simply don"t know." except that we know that his theory of evolution was right.
and his theory plainly being theory? so is gravity.
and has one theory been wholly correct? yes,higgs boson.

there was nothing extraordinary about his theory. it was a simple theory, that was proven to be a fact. again and again.

god did not simply create human being. we are a product 2.7 billion years of evolution. 2.7 billion years of random mutations. how many organisms do u believe god had too destroy to come us human beings?
i do not care about what u think or believe, i state the facts. a
Posted by Anatta 4 months ago
The limit of religion is that they are merely belief systems,
the limit of science is that it only deals merely in the system of evidence and conviction,

neither prove anything. ever, they can't by their nature.
Proof exists only in logic and math.
Posted by Heirio 4 months ago
To be fair, God is very inconsistent in the Bible and his actions in the Bible do not seem to correlate with reality, calling into question how trustworthy he is.
Posted by Thiest_1998 4 months ago
Are you calling God a liar because 1 Genesis 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
>Reported vote: parkerwill// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 1 point to Pro (S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Hard topic to debate- Pro had much better grammar. Con challenged all Pro's statements and put them down. No sources were given.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) S&G is insufficiently explained. Merely restating the point allocation emphatically is not sufficient. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to assess specific points made in the debate by both sides. Merely stating that one side's rebuttal was successful is not sufficient.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
Today we have bacteria that do not respond to antibiotics = evolution..Where in the process would you need a god..And if you need did he/it happen...its just a lot of ?? with no answers.
Posted by vi_spex 4 months ago
and unicorns pull the moon across the sky
Posted by Furyan5 4 months ago
He's saying evolution is all part of God's plan. In other words, God did not wave his hand and man magically appeared but rather God set everything in motion which eventually led to man.
Posted by MagicAintReal 4 months ago
The problem is you're saying that god created humans and we are a product of evolution from older apes-->us.
How can god created us AND we evolved from older apes be true?