nateuncharted
vmpire321

Can a Hindu guy marry a Christian girl ?

vmpire321

nateuncharted

Pro

I believe he can because God is one and the different religions are just branches of the tree named God. But, I want to see the views if diverse people of this world. Please NO ABUSIVE WORDS TO BE USED.
vmpire321

Con

==Interpretation of the Resolution==

All the information that the affirmative has provided is the hypothethical situation between a Hindu and a Christian girl where they would be married. Therefore, the pro has the burden of proof to show that in all cases, a Hindu and a Christian can be married, regardless of other factors. At the end of the day, he cannot come to this debate and provide a perfect example between the two.

==Counterexamples==

1. A Hindu Father and a Christian Girl
2. A Hindu brother and a Christian Sister
3. A Hindu Grandfather and a young Christian girl.
4. A Hindu stepdad and a Christian daughter.
5. A Hindu male dog and a Christian girl.

I think all of these examples speak for themselves.
nateuncharted

Pro

You see, there's no need for conversion in this case. They are human beings, so they can. As a point, they both are from the same nation, the same state. There's a Hindi movie named Jodha Akbar in which King Akbar marries a an Indian warrior princess because he likes her. Please give a verse from the Holy Bible, which says that all lives are not equal!!!
vmpire321

Con

The Case Against Incest (Inbreeding)
The mating of people closely related together is scientifically proved to cause increased chances of recessive and negative traits being passed to the offspring.
Inbred children are likely to have worse fertility, a heightened chance of genetic disorders, deformed facial asymmetry, lowering birth rates and higher infant mortality, slower growth rate, smaller size, along with the deterioration of the immune system.
The reduction of the gene pool can also result in a species failure to adapt or evolve to environments, threatening the survival of the entire race. The impacts of unchecked inbreeding can be as high as extinction.
My opponent has not specifically responded to how any of my previous examples of incest.

Against Bestiality (Zoophilia)
As of now, the pro hasn't challenged the legitamitcy of my counterexamples. This means that all of the counterexamples I provided fit the resolution and pro currently has the burden to justify the examples.
My firth one details a relationship between humans and animals. Note that my opponent doesn't challenge that animals can have a religion.
Bestiality is illegal, as it is put under animal abuse or crimes against nature. Animals are unable to give consent, since they lack the capability to fully think or grasp the situation. Therefore, sexual behavior between animals and humans is abusive and takes advantage of animals.
nateuncharted

Pro

nateuncharted forfeited this round.
vmpire321

Con

Extend. My opponent hasn't really answered any of my arguments.
Posted by vmpire321 4 years ago
vmpire321
Lol, smithereens, I took it because the topic was so one-sided in favor of pro.
Posted by vmpire321 4 years ago
vmpire321
ha.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
You should define "can." Do you mean "able," or do you mean "allowed"? I assume you mean "allowed," but since Christians girls aren't allowed to marry Hindu men, there's a sense in which Hindu's are not allowed to marry Christian girls. It's the Christian girls themselves who forbid it. On the other hand, lots of Christian girls marry outside their faith even though they're not allowed to, so there probably are lots of Christians girls that allow Hindu men to marry them. But I assume you're question is whether HINDUISM allows Hindu men to marry Christian women. Still, I think you ought to be specific about that to avoid a lot of rabbit trails.
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
nateunchartedvmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: -_- this is MEH debate...
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
nateunchartedvmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Not much fight from pro. Conduct for ff