HeyTheist
fred70

Can a perfect God exist?

HeyTheist

Con

By perfect God I mean Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnibenevolent.
Given the nature of these properties and the nature of the world can't anyone logically argue for the existence of this perfect God.
If one resorts to fallacy to prove their argument I would consider that a loss.
fred70

Pro

If If I do not exclude myself from the possibility of being God, but you exclude yourself, then the probability of me being God is higher than yours according to the mechanics of plausibility.
There's no method whereby to determine, unequivocally the probability of God's existence.
There's no method whereby to unequivocally prove God's existence is improbable.
The unpredictability of any method used to determine God's identity within the mechanics of reality, makes me God by default.
BURP!(loud beer belch)
HeyTheist

Con

An interesting hypothesis, however completely outside the topic of debate. Is there any reason to conclude that a being of this nature could exist? There are certainly logical fallacies involved such as; could an all knowing and all powerful entity change it's future mind, if yes then it cannot be all knowing or it would know beforehand about the "change" and therefore couldn't make it, but if the entity cannot change it's future mind it cannot be all powerful because there's something it cannot do.

In the mean time, shall I get you that beer oh Lord?
fred70

Pro

I don't remember entering this debate.
HeyTheist

Con

Must have been the beer.
fred70

Pro

It's possible that a perfect God, had reasons perfectly reasonable to him to make an imperfect world. Since we're imperfect there's no way this mystery would be perfectly reasonable to us.
The mechanics of reality (the particularities of day to day life) neither rule out or affirm the possibility of a perfect God, since our perceptions of reality is imperfect.
HeyTheist

Con

How then would you reconcile the Logical inconsistencies of this idea. a god that is perfectly good, may create a perfect world but to create a world in which pain anguish and torture exist is inconsistent with goodness. a god that knows everything, past present and future yet still creates evil therefore intended that evil, this is inconsistent with supposed perfect goodness. if he was unable to prevent evil from arising and corrupting his previously good world then he is not all powerful or if he can but for some reason doesn't then once again he is not perfectly good and therefore cannot be, by definition a perfect god.

there are also the logical paradoxes that being both all powerful, all knowing and all good bring. like I said before can an all knowing and all powerful being change its future mind? if no then it is not all powerful, if yes it is not all knowing, and if it knew that it would change its future mind then there would be no change in the mind beginning the loop once again. Can an all powerful being create an object too heavy to lift? if no then it is not all powerful, if yes then it is not all powerful.

it is therefore my position that while perhaps a cosmic entity similar to the current idea of god might exist, it is impossible to for a being to fit into the parameters of a perfect god because the parameters contradict each other.
fred70

Pro

I have no F***ing idea.
But consider the three possibilities:

1) Atheism: Life is bad so there's not a god.
2)Deism\Theism: Life is bad. There must be more than bad. There must be a god.
3) Agnosticism: Life is bad. There might be a god. There might be only the bad.

Now you answer my riddle.

If jesus were nunchucked in the balls. Would he think of his religion, or would he think of his balls? Maybe the meaning of existence is found in your answer.
Posted by HeyTheist 1 year ago
HeyTheist
The heaps of bullsh*t is what made it fun.

i would like to adress one thing though, in your closing statement you wrote "Atheism: Life is bad so there's not a god" this is not what atheism is, atheism is just a position on belief " I don't believe there is a God" rather than "there is no God". Gnosticism whether on the theist or atheist side is what deals in absolutes like, there is definitely or definitely not a God.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
Hopefully humanity will contemplate our debate till the end of days.
I personally consider this an epic debate. There were moments of confusion as well as clarity. Yes there was heaps of bullsh*t, but isn't life full of bullsh*t as well.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
gods eat humans, even gods need food
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
A perfect being has no wants or needs, a perfect being has no need to create.
Posted by HeyTheist 1 year ago
HeyTheist
More specifically Mr.masterDebator, is it logically possible for the commonly conceived God to exist?
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
Nah, just a beer'll do
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Fred's our true God.
Praise Fred.
Shall I bring thee, Fred, a human sacrifice?
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
so u saying is god real
Posted by HeyTheist 1 year ago
HeyTheist
The question in simple terms is; can someone defend the paradoxical nature of the commonly conceived God that is all-powerfull, all-knowing and all-good/loving
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
I have a question
what do u mn in simple terms