acetraveler
rhettbomb

Can debate be the subject of research in the area of military science?

acetraveler

Pro

I don't know someone in the world already research "Plan of a application of the military science to the debate." or this is my own idea. From a commonsense standpoint, debate is in the area of logic, psychology, rhetoric
. But, Having learned more about debate, I think more and more the debate is a dispute by using logic. Also it can say "fight by using logic', and maybe it can say "war". In the historic times, many ideology appear with evidence and logic, fight each other in the debate, grow by the authorization from the people, and vanished or lost their power by losing their logical justice like countries in the historic times. In the situation, I think "Why not we can use military science to research debate?" For example, 'If you know your enemy and yourself, you can win every battle.', 'Only you can do something to prevent your lose. If you want to win the war, the mistake of opponent must be needed.' which are the famous principles in the book 'The art of war' by Sun Tzu, also can be the principle in the art of debate. In addition, I assume many other principles in the military science can also be applied to the debate.
So, I will have many debate related to this topic from now on in this site, if possible, I want to make learning sanctions named of "The art of war in debate(tentative name)". If possible, I want to expose my idea in the many tests by experienced debaters, so I start this debate.
Please accept my request and you test my idea have reasonable logic and is original things or already existed things.
rhettbomb

Con

The Simple fact is this. i am a CX debater.

Cross Examination Debate (also called policy debate or team debate). In this type of debate two teams (two students each ), one representing the affirmative position and one representing the negative position, will debate topics of public or government policy. Typically, all public and private schools will debate the same topic all year long (some public school debate organization picks a new topic each year).

http://www.triviumpursuit.com...

In the world of UIL CX debate there is no way you can study THOUSANDS of debaters in the State of Texas. Also it is illegal in the UIL handbook to scout any opposing teams. As a experienced debater you can have hundreds of arguments and information so there is no way you can scout you opponent anyway.

On this website. i want you to try and scout ever single person subscribed to this website and learn there "tactics' as your theory states. Only by factual and reliable informaton can you win a debate not by studying every single person.
acetraveler

Pro

I need only to oppose in this part of your opinion.

'In the world of UIL CX debate there is no way you can study THOUSANDS of debaters in the State of Texas. Also it is illegal in the UIL handbook to scout any opposing teams. As a experienced debater you can have hundreds of arguments and information so there is no way you can scout you opponent anyway.
On this website. I want you to try and scout ever single person subscribed to this website and learn there "tactics' as your theory states. Only by factual and reliable information can you win a debate not by studying every single person.'
Of course I cannot study thousands of debaters in the State of Texas. But also, I need not study thousands of debaters in the State of Texas. Only I need to know them who I want to debate and I need to overcome. Then, only I need to study tens of debaters in the State of Texas who are already known in public. If I say you this to use different expression, I cannot study thousands of debaters in this site. But also, I need not study every debaters in this site. Only I need to know them who debate with me and I should overcome. In addition, if I know the level of my debate skill and the volume of my background information first, and I also know the level of their debate skill and the volume of their background information so if I can compare them, I can more easily prepare plans to win. It can be possible only I read several former debates by others and I read my debates again and again.
In addition, military leaders also endeavor to collect more accurate information related to their war. It is not different than 'factual and reliable information that can guarantee my win'. Powers without accurate information often exterminate them, but information without power are also useless too. If debaters have accurate information each other, but if one side have more debate skill, they can more use their information well than others so they can beat their opponents in the debate.

I want to your reply. But if you have reply or not, anyway I show you my idea in detail because this is my idea that should be needed to make the system of study.
rhettbomb

Con

rhettbomb forfeited this round.
acetraveler

Pro

Sorry. Originally, I have the intention to start my detail blueprint to show you in this round, but I have a serious task tomorrow, so I apologize my delay in this round.
I'll show you my blueprint next round, and I'll wait your reply against my arguments in round 2.
rhettbomb

Con

rhettbomb forfeited this round.
acetraveler

Pro

acetraveler forfeited this round.
rhettbomb

Con

rhettbomb forfeited this round.
acetraveler

Pro

acetraveler forfeited this round.
rhettbomb

Con

rhettbomb forfeited this round.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
YES WE CAN replace war with debate. The topic seemed confusing.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Wow... this has been up for grabs for some time now...
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Does that mean we should replace war with debate?
Vote Placed by Ike-Jin-Park 4 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
acetravelerrhettbombTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF for bothsides
Vote Placed by Xera 8 years ago
Xera
acetravelerrhettbombTied
Vote Placed by Puck 8 years ago
Puck
acetravelerrhettbombTied