LiberalProlifer
TheWORDisLIFE

Can gays and bisexuals be Christian?

TheWORDisLIFE

LiberalProlifer

Pro

I will state why I think that gays and bisexuals can be Christians. My opponent will make the first argument.
TheWORDisLIFE

Con

I accept and thank you for hosting this debate LiberalProlifer. Good luck to you.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

I will state why I think gays and bisexuals can be Christians. I used to be antigay, so I know how the antigay crowd thinks. Saying that gays and bisexuals cannot be Christians is the no true Scotsman allacy. I am bisexual and I am a Christian.
Reference: http://www.gaychristian101.com...
TheWORDisLIFE

Con

Thank you PRO for your argument. What we feel and think goes against Scripture. The mind is deceitful (Jer 17:9; Mat 15:19) and we are not to lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). As I read through the article PRO referenced, there was not one Scripture that proved homosexuals can be followers of Christ or Christians. The article was based on feelings and thoughts, not Scripture. As 1 Cor 6:9-10 says, "nor abusers of themselues with mankinde...shall inherit the kingdom of God."

LiberalProlifer

Pro

http://www.gaychristian101.com... http://www.gaychristian101.com... I have provided evidence to the contrary of your opinion. The clobber passages in the Bible are about prostitution, promiscuity, and idolatry. Go to gaychristian101.com for proof.
TheWORDisLIFE

Con

Thank you PRO.

1 Cor 6:9
is not just talking about "prostitution", Paul is talking about the unrighteous. 1 Cor 6:9-10 "nor abusers of themselues with mankinde...shall inherit the kingdom of God." is going into homosexuality.

http://biblehub.com...

As for "effeminate", that is referrencing men that have feminine spirits on them, meaning they act like women.

http://biblehub.com...

When we define "effeminate" it means womanish or having the characteristics of a woman.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

LiberalProlifer forfeited this round.
TheWORDisLIFE

Con

PRO failed to refute my claims, thus, there is nothing for me to refute in this round.
LiberalProlifer

Pro

Sorry for the forefeit. I was having technical problems. Like I said before, that verse inb the original languages has to do with idolaty, prostitution, and promiscuity. I have provided links proving my claims, while you twist ONE Bible verse.
TheWORDisLIFE

Con

Lev 18:22 and 1 Cor 6:9 are talking about the same thing, condemning homosexuality. Scripture clearly says, "thou shall not lie with man kind AS with woman kind." -Lev 18:22

The word "as" means in comparison or in the same way as.

If those scriptures were dealing with shrine prostitution, they wouldn't have mentioned lying with mankind as with womankind and abusing yourself with mankind; both verses are going into homosexuality. A man lying with a man as he would with a woman, is a homosexual.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Sdio// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: :)

[*Reason for removal*] Clear vote bomb. The voter doesn't explain any point allocations.
************************************************************************
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 1 year ago
TheWORDisLIFE
Sure does.
Posted by BibleTruthHQ 1 year ago
BibleTruthHQ
It seems like vote bombing.
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 1 year ago
TheWORDisLIFE
Ya I noticed. He has something against me because I he tried telling me that the Israelites and Arabs are God's people or something like that and I told him he should look up the word Koran because it means to recite...he never responded so I'm guessing I proved him wrong, he didn't like being proved wrong, so he acted like a child about it...it is what it is though.

I don't think it is fair on this site, not sure though.
Posted by BibleTruthHQ 1 year ago
BibleTruthHQ
is that fair on this site?
Posted by BibleTruthHQ 1 year ago
BibleTruthHQ
thewordislife, someone [in my opinion], unfairly voted with no rfd, besides the smiley face. giving the impression, he/she may have something against you?
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 1 year ago
TheWORDisLIFE
Thank you PRO for the opportunity to debate this topic.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
The question sounds like one Christian can say whether other Christian can be a Christian.
So who gets to say who can be a Christian?
Posted by BIBLETHUMPER 1 year ago
BIBLETHUMPER
Go con! Read Romans 1:27! God will see you through!
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
Remember what scripture says about sex. It is meant to be with a Man and a Woman, specifically; and it is meant to be between a Man and a Woman who are married to each other. That is how sex is to be put and te only way to be put. I have not seen or met one person who is bisexual or gay that loves the person of the same sex, for simply love. They claim to love them only just so they can go to bed with them. Love is very specific, and people tend to take Love out of context often.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
LiberalProliferTheWORDisLIFETied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by NewLifeChristian 1 year ago
NewLifeChristian
LiberalProliferTheWORDisLIFETied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, for one. So, conduct automatically goes to Con. Secondly, Pro cited "gaychristian101.com" as part of their argument which is obviously biased and ultimately not a good source, overall. So, that is why I gave sources to Con. Lastly, Con cited the Bible in their first round, whereas Pro did not which would've been a good idea considering this debate is about Christianity.
Vote Placed by wipefeetnmat 1 year ago
wipefeetnmat
LiberalProliferTheWORDisLIFETied
Reasons for voting decision: After reading the arguments as well as the sources I have decided to give Con the point. Pro, that forfeited round could have been of use to you.