NKJVPosttribulationist
NKTheChef

Can good and evil coexist in one human heart?

NKTheChef has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

I am good and evil. Because of four neuropsychiatric conditions, I say some ugly things when I'm not right. But I also do good things like share Yeshua, and try to help people. All I'm saying is ever cognatively abled human has good and evil, and we should feed the good, heal the bad, and empathize even with an enemy.
NKTheChef

Con

Good and Evil cannot co-exist. Light cannot exist in the same place as darkness. Every human has the potential to either be in the light or the dark, as you said. But these cannot co-exist at one point in time. The problem with the last part of your argument, "we should feed the good, heal the bad, and empathize even with an enemy" is that who decides what? Good, evil and enemy are all subjective. From your username, I assume you are religious, forgive me if this isn't true.
This example is drawn from the Bible, even if you are not a believer, it is still a valid example. God sees everyone as perfect. He loves everyone. Does that mean that all are not evil in our eyes? Of course not. Would we say he is evil because of that? No.

Every Human has the potential to be Good or Bad. In their life they will likely be both, depending on who you ask.

But the question is not about the person, it is about the heart. And no, Good cannot exist with evil at a given time. But just as Day replaces Night, so can good replace evil in one's heart. But Night and Day have NEVER shared the sky at one time.
NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

I disagree. My soul is good, and my heart does evil sometimes. I said the n word yesterday and I feel horrible. I want to be perfect, but need a better way. I am good and evil.
NKTheChef

Con

One can be both good and evil, but at a given time, one can only be one. When you sin or do other evil, your heart is evil, when you remorse, your heart becomes good once again.
NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

Agreed. We are saying the same thing in different ways.
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
Yes they coexist all the time..Without "your" concept of "evil"..You would have no concept of "your " "good". You would be a robot.. A or B.. Not A vs B.