Ayden_Linden
The-Holy-Macrel

Can it be proven via evidence that a Divine creator exists?

Ayden_Linden

Con

Hello everyone who has clicked on this link! I am a skeptic-atheist and I would like to begin the dialogue on whether or not a Creator or Creators can be proven via evidence to exist, anyone, be them skeptic, atheist, theist, or agnostic, as well as any other manner of outlook on the manner are welcome.

For the first round, please state your acceptance and your first argument on the matter, I ask that no insults are thrown as far as outlooks on theism are concerned, only arguments will be accepted.

I bring forward the following definitions for this debate as well:

Theism: The belief in a Divine Creator or Creators

Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

To accept the debate is to agree to the terms and definitions listed above.

I look forward for someone to accept this, and I look forward to having a discussion!
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

First argument:

If we find reliable, verified evidence then god
exists because we have this supported evidence.

Evidence is proof.

And if something has evidence
(reliable verified) then it is proven.

And if we were to find this evidence
of god it would be proven he exists.

Todaloo.

Good luck.
Ayden_Linden

Con

The statement you have made is not an argument, is is an assertion as to if we were to find evidence of a God or Gods, that they would be proven to exist, if we were to find evidence of Fairies or Unicorns that can be proven, then we would say that they exist as well.

The question I have for you, sir, is:

Where is this evidence? How can you conclusively prove that there is a God or Gods? You have made no argument here, you have merely stated that if there were to be evidence found for a God or Gods, that they would exist, yet you did not provide any evidence in this 'argument' I invite you to say such evidence in the next round

Best of luck to you
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

You never specified i had to provide an example.

I respectfully decline your inviataion.
Ayden_Linden

Con

The topic of the debate states 'can it be proven via evidence that a Divine creator exists?' Thus the topic should be explanatory of itself, you disagree and due to this being a debate format i would have assumed you had disagreed and had arguments against me and as to why you disagree via evidence (mentioned in the title of the debate) Thus I had specified it, why would you accept this debate in order to only say how a Creator or Creators exist via evidence, despite me saying in the title that the topic was the providing of evidence in favor of ones existence
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

You ask "Can it be proven via evidence that a Divine creator exists?".

I say yas.

I argue my side of that question.

That doesn't ask at all for the providing of evidence.

Next time be specific.
Ayden_Linden

Con

You did not post an argument, what you posted does not fit within the boundaries of an argument, it simply states that if a God can be proven, then he must exist i don't think there is a single person on the planet who would disagree with that statement, everything that has been proven to be fact exists in some for or another, however, you did not prove, via evidence that a God or Gods exist, you have not met the standards of the debate, and you are playing a semantics game with me to dance around the fact that you have provided no evidence whatsoever

I ask you politely sir that you do not waste my time and actually back up your beliefs with evidence, obviously you have some, otherwise you would not have entered this debate.
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

The-Holy-Macrel forfeited this round.
Ayden_Linden

Con

Ayden_Linden forfeited this round.
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

The-Holy-Macrel forfeited this round.
Posted by JoaquinBarzi 1 year ago
JoaquinBarzi
Con, the way you frame the question, it sounds as if you are asking if god could be proven to exist with evidence, which, as pro answered, of course it can.

Perhaps you could rephrase the question in the next debate. Is there evidence to believe in god? or What kind of evidence would prove the existence of god?

I think the latter is what you meant.
Correct me if I am wrong.