Giaan.Emma
Smitb007

Can ordinary people be heroes?

Giaan.Emma has forfeited round #3.

Giaan.Emma

Pro

Can ordinary people be heroes? I believe so because not everyone is Superman or Quicksilver but people are just ordinary citizens. The elderly man with the ugly scars on his face. He fought for our country. He is a hero. The thirteen year old girl who is working until one in the morning to feed her younger siblings and get an education for all three of them. She is a hero. You may not know it but anyone can be a hero.
Smitb007

Con

Hello! I would love to take part in this debate over such a topic, and it is my first debate on this website as well.
Anyway, I firmly believe that being a 'hero' is not something that everyone can achieve. Being a 'hero' requires you to show noble qualities such as courage, outstanding achievements etc.
And I actually have to agree that yes, ordinary people can be heroes, but from there I disagree with the statement that 'anyone can be a hero'. The main issue lies in the fact that an ever increasing number of humans are simply unable to be heroes, regardless of their effort. Being a hero requires work, luck and, to a small extent, privelige. First of all, lots of humans will refuse to take the opportunities to become a hero in the first place, many not wanting to draw attention to themeselves or being too lazy to do the deeds to become this 'hero'. Also, many humans suffer with debilitating disorders which prevent them from becoming heroes. Also, your example of 'normal citizens' is a bit odd, as most ordinary citizens don't have these problems. So can ordinary people become heroes? Yes, of course! But can everyone become a hero? I say no.

(I do not intent to offend anyone with this, I just want to offer my opinion )
Giaan.Emma

Pro

Being a hero is something everyone can achieve is they put their minds to it. You can become a hero for doing even the slightest thing good. Giving a smile to someone who is having a crappy day. They would consider you their hero at that point in time. And luck? Not everyone believes in luck you know. People will be their own heroes in their own ways even people with disabilites. I suffer from polycistic ovaries and I have helped many a person and I know that I have made their day better, even if it is just a smile. Ordinary people? An ordinary person is the average person. The average person with a medical disorder. The average person with the teaching degree. The average person with her makeup kit. Anyone can be a hero.
Smitb007

Con

Being a hero necessitates that you do something of significance and/or value. Yes, it may seem nice to flash a quick grin at somebody who is having a bit of a bad day, but ultimately that smile doesn't automatically make you a hero and stop the day being bad. A hero would help and make the day better, not give a grin and then walk off, never to be seen by that person again. And while I do feel for the fact that you have polycistic ovaries, it's not an incredibly debilitating disorder (I have researched it) So you should be doing those good deeds regardless. Not everyone is able to become a hero, despite their bright smiles and determination.
Posted by HeavenlyPanda 7 months ago
HeavenlyPanda
Ordinary people can be villains.
Posted by Debatereshan 7 months ago
Debatereshan
I am with the topic and believe that ordinary people can be heroes if they do something extraordinary. I may vote for Pro.