iAm_GrKelly
revic

Can teens be in love?

iAm_GrKelly

Pro

Yes, i think so, but you can go first, heres the rules.
no being a jerk,
dont get to serious
dont copy and paste
revic

Con

I think you have seen the debate i had earlier and want to have your own chance.
I won't deny you the opportunity!
probably you've read my points on the other debate, so I leave you the chance to counter them.

With this round, I simply want to say that I accept the debate!
iAm_GrKelly

Pro

ahh come on man thats no fun, go, make your points again. Last chance my man
revic

Con

Not sure if they'll be exactly the same, but here it goes :

1) Teens most likely break up. They are experimenting because they don't know their own feelings well enough. For that reason, they cannot define their own love as "true love" yet.

2) Teens are driven by their own interests and do what benefits them. They aren't likely to care about another person more than theirselves.

3) Generally, it has been proven that the feeling "love" as in butterflies etc. can only last for about 10 months max. Only broken hearts last longer. Oddly enough, that's how long the average children relations last at max. I see a connection here: Teens simply do not grow a bond, do not connect to their lovers. They do not learn to live with eachother. Exceptions exist ofcourse!
iAm_GrKelly

Pro

uhh can i be against? lol i didnt mean to put as myself pro
revic

Con

Sure! so you wanna be con? well, then i'll have to bring up new arguments... which is hard because i don't believe in teen love.

I'll then try to prove that there ARE exceptions of people who do truly feel love at a young age. These people are mature and have close to no connection to society as we know it. Most likely, this kind of love for teenagers barely occurs in the western world. When two children, a boy and a girl, would grow up together in a farmer's village, I believe they would truly fall in love, and that at a young age. They'll become part of each others life and will have special feelings towards each other. They'll value the other person, consider them a major part of their life and won't care about what anyone else thinks. This kind of love comes straight from the heart and is in no way part of "social life" since it is just the boy and girl setting their own terms of what "true love" is.

Now, I will add why teenagers in the western world can still have this exceptionally. Some people read alot of books, and are intrigued by the romantic stories in a completely different world - manga and anime love stories can be found all over the internet and are easily the best example of what teenagers would try to imitate in their own life. Because of that, they'll really be able to say "to hell with society, to hell with my image and to hell with all these fake loves!"
These boys and girls will be much more loyal, show much more affection and will really feel love. They will be able to grow the bond that adults grow, but on a young age. They will be fascinited by the other gender, unlike the majority of their fellow teenagers who consider love a game.
iAm_GrKelly

Pro

well, i dont think there is teen love, and from what i know about you neither do you. This is a hard debate because weve both seen how one another debate nd know about how one another feels on this subject. I have dated hundreds of girls, and kissed about 50, and im only 14, with this info, i think that at this age love is to complicated, we're more interested in what benefits us and only a little about what benefits the other person. So, technically, we use the other person to get our needs or just happiness or anything. nd in this day nd age, theres sooooooo many problems with relationships, talking to much, other girls/guys, neediness, NUDES, etc. I just dont think that people truly understand the needs nd stuff that comes with love.
revic

Con

I kindof agree with you, but for this debate, i'll try to oppose you as best as i can!

You're obviously quite the adventure man with the ladies, huh? The benefits are a consequence of the sexual revolution. But, as i said, some more primitive people will still value love in its true form.

I don't count as an example, but I'm 18 and only had one girl. Since then, I'm basically sitting around not being able to build up love anymore.
Plenty of my friends cannot participate in the sexual revolution like you do. Me and my friends, well, we're just not interesting or attractive enough. For those reasons, when we finally find a girl, we will value her alot more than you value your girls. We'll more likely stay together longer because we know that we really ARE special to each other.
As for the problems in normal relationships you sum up, yeah, those basically are the problems of "fake love".
iAm_GrKelly

Pro

like, when i was younger i had more respect and had the belief that teen love could actually hppen, but ive had my heart broken and all that, so i just kinda gave up. But thing is, tbh, dude it doesnt take to much to get a girl, problem is, at this age their almost impossible to keep. I always get those popular girls who are "sluts" with the occasional girl thats a keeper. The girl thats a keeper usually cant hang out or talk or anything, so whats the point of dating? this is a hard subject bro...js
revic

Con

Well, the fact that you divide girls into groups as "sluts" and "keepers" only proves how much of a game they have been to you. So far, at least. Maybe one day you'll find a girl that means more to you, one that will make you regret everything you have done before.

I'll just have to make you convince yourself that you're one of those average teenagers who treat love like a game, rather than something that overcomes them. Dating for teenagers can only have a meaning of love in exceptional cases, in the other cases, its like you say "popular sluts" and "chasing own benefit". For those, dating only serves them in a way of own benefit.
Posted by iAm_GrKelly 3 years ago
iAm_GrKelly
hey everyone we have a continuation of this debate,
Can Teens Be In Love? Pt 2. follow up and vote!! comment at will, thanks
Posted by iAm_GrKelly 3 years ago
iAm_GrKelly
lol ive been dating the same girl for 9 months so...I believe in love, but the thing is, its more of a self satisfaction love then the love we see in married couples
Posted by harvard 3 years ago
harvard
lol i fall in love to this person then, changes after few daysXD