Condelini
Pickle-Face18

Can the human race get along as a whole?

Condelini

Con

We as a whole cannot seem to agree on just about anything. Between wars and greed we are consumed. With either destroying ourselves or polluting the planet. If we were visited by a hostile alien race we would war with ourselves to decide who is in charge. They wouldn't even have to fire a shot we would do it for them.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

Thank you to my opponent for an interesting debate topic.

Our debate question is whether the human race CAN get along as a whole. I completely agree that at this point in time, our world is not getting along as a whole (although we are moving in the right direction). But I believe that we can.

We are already on the right track. There haven"t been any major worldwide conflicts since World War II. And people are slowly becoming more informed and aware of World Peace movements. We"re improving, and the seemingly impossible dream of peace in our world is actually quite possible. After all, there is no way to prove that we will never get along; nobody knows what the future will bring.

Sorry about the double apostrophes; it"s my computer.
Condelini

Con

Lets look at some past events. We have been fighting one another for centuries, we come in peace, shoot to kill. Or one of my favorites I going to kill you in the name of god. I am pretty sure god doesn't want anybody to kill anyone. Wether you there is a god or not is another debat. Wars are just the tip of the iceberg, that's not even including killing for money, domestic violence ect. Personal grievances will override the ability to exist as whole because inevitably someone options will become a fight.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

I am aware of the horrible things the human race has done in the past. But the past is the past. Right now, in the present, we are improving. This debate is about whether or not the human race can get along IN THE FUTURE. We were able to break our world; so we are also capable of fixing it.

Another way to look at it is this: peace can only exist in the world if each member of the human race is at peace with themselves. It"s really not as hard to achieve as many people think. Everyone is responsible for only one person; themselves. If everyone in the world would simply fix themselves, our world would be peaceful. And everyone is capable of fixing themselves.

Again, I apologize about the double apostrophes.
Condelini

Con

Condelini forfeited this round.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited and this debate is over, my arguments stand as they are.
Because of the forfeit (and my arguments), vote Pro!