shakuntala
Benshapiro

Can this be considered a lesbian work

Benshapiro
Started: 1/17/2015 Category: Arts

shakuntala

Con

Can this be considered a lesbian work
https://www.scribd.com...
Benshapiro

Pro

My opponent just asks a question.

To that I will reply "Yup."
shakuntala

Con

pro says
"To that I will reply "Yup" thus saying that this is a lesbian work

I will show it is not a lesbian work for 2 reasons
1)
the work is written by Australias leading erotic poet colin leslie dean
he is a male
so the work cant be a lesbian work as it is written by a male

2) the poem is about the adoration of the woman's c*nt
no where in the poem is it indicated that the speaker is a female-it is simplye about deans - a males fantasy

so now pro has to disprove my points
or show evidence that the poem is about another women admiring another women's c*nt

just because an anonymous person admires a women's c*nt that does not make said anonymous person a female
most men admire a woman's c*nt
Benshapiro

Pro

A male can write a lesbian work. A work is considered "gay" or "lesbian" by its content. This has nothing to do with which gender wrote it.

This goes for his second point too.

Sorry the rebuttal was so brief but that was all that was necessary. If my opponent fails to uphold his BoP as the claimant the resolution is negated and the debate goes to me by default.

Back to you con.
shakuntala

Con

pro say
"This goes for his second point too.

Back to you con."

in conclusion

I made two distinctions in the debate
1) who WROTE the work ie male or female I pointed out the work is by a male thus it cant be by a lesbian/female
2) as to CONTENT I pointed out that nowhere in the work is it indicated that a female is a speaker thus you cant not say the content is lesbian if as pro says it is by a female speaker then pro has to prove that-and not just assert that

thus
1)
pro says a male can write a lesbian work
wrong
the title of the debate is "Can this be considered a lesbian work"
what that means unpacked is
can this work be by a lesbian - as dean is a male he cant be a lesbian ie female so it cant be a lesbian work
it is the same thing as
"Can this be considered a homo sapien work"
meaning is this work by a homo sapien

2)
pro no where shows from the work that the speaker is a female-he just arts that with out proof
I have stated that you CAANNOT find any reference to a female speaker in the work
for pro to argue that this is a lesbian work ie about lesbians- he has to prove/ show that the speaker is female

all pro does is make assertions ie this is a lesbian work-without proof
you cant win a debate just by making assertions

pro has to prove his assertions-which he has not
therefore I must win the debate -as I have backed up my assertions with proof- which pro has not
Benshapiro

Pro

Let's just recap.

Con is making the claim that this cannot be considered a lesbian work. He said that it can't be because the author is a male. I responded by saying that the content of the work determines what genre the book is or whether it can be considered "gay" or "lesbian".

Since the work is about female genitalia, it CAN be considered lesbian work. Meaning it's fully in the realm of possibility. If you walked into a lesbian bookstore you could find this work there. It's just erotica on the adoration of vaginas.

Furthermore, my opponent doesn't contest that he has the burden of proof as I argued in R2. As such, my opponent should assume it. He has not upheld his BoP that this cannot (not possibly) be considered a lesbian work.

Vote pro.
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
"so you prove that the work is about 1)two women 2) a woman that feels a romantic or sexual attraction towards women"

wut
Posted by shakuntala 2 years ago
shakuntala
it is said
"Is this poem about two women in a romantic relationship, two women in a sexual relationship, or about a woman that feels a romantic or sexual attraction towards women but not also towards men? If your poem meets any of these requirements then it is indeed a "lesbian work". Either way, I don't know why you think this is a debate worthy topic."

so you prove that the work is about 1)two women 2) a woman that feels a romantic or sexual attraction towards women
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
Is this poem about two women in a romantic relationship, two women in a sexual relationship, or about a woman that feels a romantic or sexual attraction towards women but not also towards men? If your poem meets any of these requirements then it is indeed a "lesbian work". Either way, I don't know why you think this is a debate worthy topic.
Posted by shakuntala 2 years ago
shakuntala
so what do you think now?
Posted by Beginner 2 years ago
Beginner
I used to think you were a troll. :D
Vote Placed by Tweka 2 years ago
Tweka
shakuntalaBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was right in the sense that he has fulfilled his BoP. Bad grammar by Con.