mynameisjonas
crazypenguin

Can this be considered as an actual debate?

mynameisjonas

Pro

This round was forfeited because the debater did not post their argument within the allotted time. .
crazypenguin

Con

Thanks for joining this debate,
First I will rebutt my opponents points and then move on to my own but since they didn't post anything I will move on to my own.

This is an actual debate because we are debating about whether this can or cannot be considered as an actual debate which makes it a debate. Whether or not my opponent stated something that is his argument making this a real debate.
mynameisjonas

Pro

You've just ruined the whole debate.

You've chosen Con as your position, but taken the pro side. I am already pro, and have the same feelings as you.

Henceforth, you've ruined the debate, for even if you do decide to take the Con side, this is a three round debate, and having just one round to rebutt would defeat the purpose.

Since crazypenguin has ruined the debate, I believe that she should be the one to lose the debate as well.

Ipso Facto, I despise you.

Love,

***xXxJonasxXx4eva***
crazypenguin

Con

I will refute my opponents points:

"You've chosen Con as your position, but taken the pro side. I am already pro, and have the same feelings as you.

Since crazypenguin has ruined the debate, I believe that she should be the one to lose the debate as well. "

First I would like to apologize about my confusion, I had read "I am for the topic above by accident". Also sorry if it causes any confusion but I do not think I should lose the debate because of that mistake.

Moving onwards to my points:

This makes no sense as you just stated I sided with con but gave not proof, as well you didn't even show or tell how I ruined this debate. In fact you didn't even rebutt my points. Also what I was stating was that this cannot be an actual debate because the topic makes no sense and you didn't post anything as well. This cannot be a debate because a debate has to be a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.
• an argument about a particular subject, esp. one in which many people are involved : the national debate on abortion | there has been much debate about prices.
verb [ trans. ]
argue about (a subject), esp. in a formal manner : the board debated his proposal | the date when people first entered America is hotly debated.
• [with clause ] consider a possible course of action in one's mind before reaching a decision : he debated whether he should leave the matter alone or speak to her.
PHRASES
be open to debate be unproven; require further discussion.
under debate being discussed or disputed.
DERIVATIVES
debater noun
ORIGIN Middle English : via Old French from Latin dis- (expressing reversal) + battere ‘to fight.'

Thesaurus
debate
noun
a debate on the reforms discussion, discourse, parley, dialogue; argument, dispute, wrangle, war of words; argumentation, disputation, dissension, disagreement, contention, conflict; negotiations, talks; informal confab, powwow.
verb
1 they will debate the future of rail transport discuss, talk over/through, talk about, thrash out, hash out, argue, dispute; informal kick around, bat around.
2 he debated whether to call her consider, think over/about, chew over, mull over, ponder, revolve, deliberate, contemplate, muse, meditate; formal cogitate.
and this isn't any of the above.
mynameisjonas

Pro

Ok, you got me on one part. You said I did not rebutt anything you said. You got me, and I forfeit.

PSYCH!

I don't have to rebutt any of your points...because you made none. You took con and said this:

"This is an actual debate because we are debating about whether this can or cannot be considered as an actual debate which makes it a debate."

So...henceforth...you agree with me...although you took the opposite side...so...your wrong! HEE HEE HEE! Thus you have failed the debate.

However, the topic of this debate is, "Can this be considered as an actual debate?"

The keyword in the topic is "considered". All things can be considered. Can it be possible to consider the fact that 9/11 could've been a conspiracy? Although some people do not agree with this statement, before making a definite decision, they weigheth the reasoneths, possibilities and hypothesisisisisisises of 9/11 being a conspiracy, thus, they are considering if it is, or it isn't. Whether or not 9/11 was a conspiracy is yet to be determined, but it can be considered.

In the Cal-Stanford fiasco of 1982, although technically Stanford won the game, many people consider Cal to have indeed won the game. Whether or not this is true is a matter of opinion.

When many of you read this debate, they are weighing the possibilities of if this debate is, indeed, an actualy debate. I believe it is. You and others may believe otherwise.

But that isn't the point of this debate; the objective of this debate is to determine whether or not this debate can be CONSIDERED as an actual debate. And, for those who weigh possibilities rather than have set, biased opinions, they CONSIDER over whether it to be an actual debate or not.

Hencethereforthesteth, it is possible for this to be considered as an actual debate, thereforthhenceethest, proving my point as the Pro instigator.

Love,

***xXxJonasxXx***
crazypenguin

Con

My opponents point that I will promptly refute
"The keyword in the topic is "considered". All things can be considered. Can it be possible to consider the fact that 9/11 could've been a conspiracy? Although some people do not agree with this statement, before making a definite decision, they weigheth the reasoneths, possibilities and hypothesisisisisisises of 9/11 being a conspiracy, thus, they are considering if it is, or it isn't. Whether or not 9/11 was a conspiracy is yet to be determined, but it can be considered.

But that isn't the point of this debate; the objective of this debate is to determine whether or not this debate can be CONSIDERED as an actual debate. And, for those who weigh possibilities rather than have set, biased opinions, they CONSIDER over whether it to be an actual debate or not." SO all those things can be considered but this can't be because you didn't post anything during your argument, making it a useless debate.
Posted by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
Dear beloved Kleptin,
I will have you know that I am indeed 'retarded' and 'illiterate'. Thank you for giving me permission to vote for crazypenguin.
Posted by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
That makes absolutrely NO sense... at ALL!
Posted by crazypenguin 9 years ago
crazypenguin
I know it is A__E_S but still i should win
Posted by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
You cannot debate a question.
In a debate, the PRO agrees with a STATEMENT.
In a debate, the CON disagrees with the statement.

You cannot agree with question, thus this is a pointless debate R_s_i!!!!!
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
Unless you are absolutely retarded or illiterate, or both, you must vote Pro.

No questions, no exceptions. Anything can be considered anything, and Pro mentioned this point. Thus, he has objectively proven his argument.

Con's later response was moot. The only point that had substance was the last point

"but this can't be because you didn't post anything during your argument, making it a useless debate."

A useless debate is still a debate. Con's point means absolutely nothing.

So for the three of you so far who accidentally clicked on Con, please read the debate at least once.

This also goes for Con, who should immediately switch his vote to his opponent.
Vote Placed by tmhustler 7 years ago
tmhustler
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by sdcharger 9 years ago
sdcharger
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by sagarous 9 years ago
sagarous
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by crazypenguin 9 years ago
crazypenguin
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by burningpuppies101 9 years ago
burningpuppies101
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 9 years ago
bexy_kelly
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by SexyLatina 9 years ago
SexyLatina
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied
Vote Placed by balluh 9 years ago
balluh
mynameisjonascrazypenguinTied