Nerdgirl132
Brenden_levata

Can too much video gaming be bad for your health?

Nerdgirl132

Pro

Now just because this is the topic I have chosen, don't think I'm completely against video gaming (I spend my fair share of time playing 'call of duty', 'G.T.A', and sky rim) but I have noticed serious polls being taken on people's health because of over-gaming. I support that maybe a little less time should be taken playing video games, or at least more exercise involved...
Brenden_levata

Con

I don't think that to much gaming can be bad for your health gaming take a lot more "skill" then you think the hand eye coordination it takes to move your finger tips to move a character that is running and shooting at the same time. You need quick reflexes and amazing hand eye coordination, also if your playing a skill game it help you solve things and improve your mind skills. Now about the physical health The Xbox and PlayStation have both made products to make physical activities happen in games. Also just because the console is purchased dose not mean they must sit on it all day parents can set a parental timer or simply tell there kids to get off there console can go do something active. The parents have power over there child and if they want them to go do something active they can
Nerdgirl132

Pro

You are quite right on those grounds, however I mean extended periods of play time with little to no physical exercise. Within the past 3 weeks there have been 12 benge gaming deaths alone. Many of the bodies went unnoticed because of the solitary state many peopl see the gamers in, despite the deaths often occurring in public places. So I said above I do not mean gaming should be banned or anything, perhaps just a little less excessively played.

While I must acknowledge your point of improving hand-to-eye corrdination and motor skills, that is true, but only for limited times. After about 2 hours of gameplay most beneficial properties of gaming stops and brain cells begin to die off, and in some games, even lower your I.Q.
Brenden_levata

Con

Brenden_levata forfeited this round.
Brenden_levata

Con

Brenden_levata forfeited this round.
Nerdgirl132

Pro

Nerdgirl132 forfeited this round.
Brenden_levata

Con

Brenden_levata forfeited this round.