tojik_bacha
lilgreenman1

Can video games be educational?

Started: 9/27/2013 Category: Games

tojik_bacha

Pro

I think that video games can improve your Child's education because there are many games like assassins creed that takes place in history, flight simulator which teaches you basics of planes and many more.
lilgreenman1

Con

To start off I would like to say that I am an avid video game player. Nothing is more relaxing than coming home after a long day of work turning on my play system, and immersing myself in a virtual world. That being said, I believe that video games are existent for one reason and one reason alone. To entertain the user.
tojik_bacha

Pro

tojik_bacha forfeited this round.
lilgreenman1

Con

lilgreenman1 forfeited this round.
tojik_bacha

Pro

tojik_bacha forfeited this round.
lilgreenman1

Con

lilgreenman1 forfeited this round.
Posted by cooler8r 3 years ago
cooler8r
Video games can be educational. It really depends to the player. If he/she doesn't pay much attention to the relatable real-world physics of the game and whatnot, then for what reason should it be educational to the person in question? However, if the player would take into consideration of what i have just said...then it is welcomed to teach us more of what the eye simply cannot see.
Posted by CircularLogic 3 years ago
CircularLogic
while there are educational videogames, videogames are not generally educational, and your assassins creed argumant is a poor one, because A: while the assassins did exist, the assassin order was wiped out long before the borgia took power, an much of the history in the game was warped to fit into the plotline for the game. the argument you should have made was: can videogames increase cognative ability, in which case yes, strategy games promote creative and quick thinking. But that hardly counts as educational.