Darknonymous
THEVIRUS

Can we debate about having a debate?

Darknonymous

Pro

I think that we can debate about having a debate. I am going to prove so with my contender (if any).
THEVIRUS

Con

BTW this debate acceptance was due to boredom.

This is not possible.

Definitions
Debate: the acceptance, arguing, and voting on an issue/topic on DDO

The acceptance is part of the debate, so if there is debate over the accepting of a debate it is still in part of the acceptance.
Darknonymous

Pro

That is assuming you use that version of the definition. With different sources you can have different results. Take this for example

Debate-A formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.

Now because we are having a debate, we are not debating about having a debate, but rather debating about being able to debate about having a debate, which is absolutely possible. Take teachers, they can plan an activity for the students, while some may agree, and others do not. Thus they debate about having the debate.
THEVIRUS

Con

If some students agree and some disagree, they disagree about the acceptance, and because a definition has already been given of debate then you may state there are other definitions but you didn't specify an exact in round one, so my definition must be used.

This argument isn't a troll like ima's was, but type POOP HAS DNA in the search. He trolled by using the rule of first definition only, so that is what I am sticking to.
Darknonymous

Pro

who says you can decide what the rules are, "HAR HAR, i gotz firsts, i calls da rules". No, it's an actual debate of debating of debates.

As for the acceptance, it wasnt the students that were debating, i should have specified, several teachers grouping together to have a debate between classes, they accepted the debate, and thus they debate about hosting the debate for the students. Either way they can debate about debates, which is the stance that i take. It is possible, but not all that popular to debate about.
THEVIRUS

Con

Again the answer is dependant upon the definition of debate, which we failed to agree on before it ended. Using your definition I would agree with you, but that was not the definition I gave. I think voters should only give points for conduct based on whether they think I was being a d!ck in not changing my definition or if I win because you didn't stick to the definition I gave(vote based on your ideas of rules/ethics/morals on DDO).

Anyways, I had about 20 minutes of good fun.

Thanks,
THEVIRUS