JordanCJKM
I_AM_YOURS_LOL

Can we live with Science and Religion at the same time

JordanCJKM

Pro

I myself am an atheist. I have faith in science, which leads us to better lives. I watch debates as huge fights are present between science and religion - two different purposes and concepts. I might be an atheist, but I think that science and religion can totally get together as we live on. Science can help us almost everywhere such as safety, tricks, health, facts and sports etc...Although every religion has their own god, their own background story and gods in every single belief system cannot be scientifically proven, religions can also help get people together. For example, a millionaire lives a life of a rich man of course, but within himself he might have deep thoughts that he couldn't actually share to his friends or family members. With religion, this guy can go to e.g. religion (A) so that every week or every 2 weeks he can head to church and get his deep thoughts out of his head and deep feelings out of his heart and share with gods or other members in the same religion as he is.

With both science and religion together as we all live on, to me it is acceptable. And both science and religion shall not fight against each other anymore.

Thank you for reading my words.
JordanCJKM

Pro

Opponent has no arguments - I win
I_AM_YOURS_LOL

Con

I_AM_YOURS_LOL forfeited this round.
JordanCJKM

Pro

JordanCJKM forfeited this round.
I_AM_YOURS_LOL

Con

I_AM_YOURS_LOL forfeited this round.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
The difference between science and religion is the difference between a willingness to dispassionately consider new evidence and new arguments, and a passionate unwillingness to do so. The success of science often comes at the expense of religious dogma; the maintenance of religious dogma always comes at the expense of science. Science is the first and best way to gain knowledge. Religious faith offers no path to knowledge.