AdAltioraTendo
jayqwed14

Can you be a Christian and believe in Aliens?

AdAltioraTendo

Con

The bible states in many cases the entire line of events from the beginning of creation. The bible tells us when the first humans were created, when God made the earth, yet it does not state that there was a creation of aliens. This either imply that the bible is wrong, or that there is no aliens. That is a direct contradiction to your belief, If Aliens exist, then the bible is wrong. If Aliens do not exist than the bible is not contradicted.
jayqwed14

Pro

yes god told us the, human race that we are made in his image. But there's nothing to be said about dinosaurs just as space there are many holes in mans creation. some things are meant for us to figure out on are own just as we learn the facts are about are existence. saying that aliens exist doesn't contradict being a christian it just adds on to the things left for humans to discovered
AdAltioraTendo

Con

You say "Things left for us to discover" like that was something that was purposeful, which it was not. The reason there are so many holes is because it is not true. The bible was written by humans, therefore it was written with their knowledge. They did not know about Dinosaurs, therefore there is nothing in the bible about them, same with space. So if there are Aliens then it is yet another thing that falsifies the integrity of the bible. They aren't things being left for us to discover, it wasn't purposeful, they didn't know about it therefore it wasn't written.
So if Aliens came down to earth for the fist time tomorrow than we would know that just as dinosaurs either God did not know they existed or the humans who wrote the bible did not know about it. Implying that it wasn't divine thought that wrote it, but human minds, without divine intervention. Therefore if you believe in Aliens, than you believe that the bible is wrong.
jayqwed14

Pro

jayqwed14 forfeited this round.
AdAltioraTendo

Con

AdAltioraTendo forfeited this round.
jayqwed14

Pro

jayqwed14 forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I suppose it would be kewl if the Aliens turned out to be Christians also???
Posted by Dishoungh 3 years ago
Dishoungh
I'm a Christian and I believe in aliens. That right there speaks for itself. I'm out of here.
Posted by MUSA 3 years ago
MUSA
Wow, how can people be so blind. We were made in God's image. That can easily mean that we have 2 eyes, a nose ,2 ears,2 arms ,2 legs, etc. Don't they picture ET's with the same stuff ? Open your mind. Jesus came to us here, above him at the time was a bright shining star, according to the 3 kings, or wise men. Aren't the ET's a bright shining object or light in the night sky ? I have seen them. I saw 2 over Philadelphia back in the 90's. It was about 3am and I was sober, working as an Locomotive Engineer. I wanted to say something to my Conductor but he was sleeping and I was wide awake. They looked like stars to me until 1 of them flew over to the other 1 so fast it caught my attention,so I watched them until they flew out of our atmosphere about a half hour later. They were going so fast it was incredible to see. Watch the video on You Tube about the incident over Jerusalem. They flew off, just like that. Light, moving like a bullet in the night sky straight upwards into the heavens. So, we know the human body cannot take those G forces. I think the Ancient Mysteries are true. Also. read Genesis where in the beginning it mentions God's, plural, not God. Couldn't eternal life also mean like, when we procreate ? You wouldn't be here, unless someone procreated you, since the beginning ? Doesn't only sperm and an egg make a human being ? Women being the life carrying vessel, and man being the donor of life ?