Can you change my mind?

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

Can you change my mind? Try to use psychology to make me think that you can.

the cheesy moon crust surface vaporizes at my blast waves

First of all, I would like to thank you for accepting my debate. Second, I would like to point out that I am still firm in my decision and that I will never back down. This is one of those debates that is tricky because I have to argue while keeping a constant belief. I believe I can do it, but now that I see your true skill, it will be up to me to put forth a great effort. I admit I was about to say how your argument had nothing to do with the debate at hand, but then I thought to myself, "It's a trap."

My first point is that no one can literally change anyone else's mind completely. One cannot change another's mind, only influence it. Only I can change my mind, and you can change yours. If anyone else tries it would be impossible. [1]

My second point is that scientifically, total psychological control of another is impossible. It may be that someone could hypnotize a person and tell them to do something with total obedience[2]; however, since this debate is about using psychology over the internet rather than hypnosis person to person, I am 100% sure no one will be tricking me.

Again, thanks for everything. Good luck.

i can change your mind on that, eating the worlds hottest chili pebber will make you cry

i can change your mind with truth, a female can change your mind with beauty, a math professor.. a skilled debater

btw you havnt put forth something for me to change.. like a position you have on something

scroll of dragon fire ability:
breathing fire, exhale firebreather.

being joyful, i can tell that a kitten crawling around on my face thinks no differently then a spider

my ice dragons breath will silence the escape of your weak goat

Thanks! Love this debate so far! You're awesome!

You weren't specific on your first post; you did not define that you wanted to change my mind on that topic, but I now realize that that was partially my fault for taking your statement the wrong way. I apologize.

You still can't change my mind.

My mind has not been changed.

you can make any claim.. fact is your goat got iced
Posted by Iamsmarter 1 month ago
If you even glance at the words here written, or interact with anyone who has, then I have in some way affected you. Therefore, this effect, no matter how seemingly negligible, may have profound impacts on the path of your life many years from now. Therefore, I not only will be affecting your thoughts, but also the very outcomes of your life heretofore.
Posted by Freakoutimaninja235 1 month ago
Well there's a couple of factors to consider- what are you wishing to challenge someone to change your mind on? In the event that what you believe about it is wrong, and your opponent proves it, should you still remain firm in your belief that you're right then no amount of evidence will convince you and this debate is pointless. But if you're right and someone must use psychology to make you believe the wrong, it will not work because you have evidence and they only have tricks. It is incredibly difficult to trick a person who has all the facts, as well as a way to research them on hand.
Posted by Furyan5 1 month ago
You can't change your mind. If we could, there would be far fewer idiots in the world.
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
oh btw thank you for the nice words :)
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 month ago
I almost got confused, by vi_spex's argument, but then I was like, "wait..."