Bridget.Ann
lord_megatron

Can you really donate something?

Bridget.Ann

Bridget.Ann

Con

The definition of donating something is to give money or goods without getting anything in return, correct? If you donate something, don't you get a good feeling back, which is something? So it is impossible to donate something as you will always get something, if only a feeling, in return.
lord_megatron

Pro

No it is not necessary that I will get the feeling in return, my friend asked me for a pen and I gave it to him, I ain't feeling happy or anything.
Bridget.Ann

Con

That wouldn't be considered donating. But, you would still receive some emotion from giving someone something, even if its not a good feeling. If you donate to a charity or hospital or anything, then you will most likely receive a good feeling, but you will definitely receive a feeling, so you cannot donate something without getting something back, which makes it impossible to actually donate something.
lord_megatron

Pro

donate- give (money or goods) for a good cause.
https://www.google.co.in...

I can be emotionless if I try to be, such as being blank while giving stuff. Even then, feelings aren't something material and isn't something you get back, but it comes from inside you. If suppose that happiness fades in 5 minutes, did I lose my feelings? Did I donate them? HAHAHAH
Suppose my mom tells me to donate her money to the charity, and I am neutral on the issue. Then what? No strings eh?
Bridget.Ann

Con

You can't really be completely emotionless. You can feel empty or cold, or something, but it is physically impossible to be emotionless. I donated my time helping a food shelf, and I felt good for months. Regarding your mother, as you are not actually donating your money, you aren't required to have feelings toward the charity, but you might feel something toward your mother because she is donating something..You might feel proud.
lord_megatron

Pro

Con has failed to prove how do we get anything back after donating, and that we all cannot donate something.
I would feel nothing if I am neutral on the issue, or I am simply thinking about something else. I can easily absent-mindedly donate to the charity on the advice of my friend, yet I would be thinking about the day ahead and not the donation. Furthermore, while con argues no one can be emotionless, I argue someone can be emotionless for a certain issue. Suppose if we read the crime column in the newspaper everyday. By some time we won't feel pity, remorse or fear from the happenings, and therefore we won't feel emotions. Same goes for donating. Plus, emotions aren't something physical.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
I've had two votes reported today on debates where no rfd was required. Hilarious! Of course, neither of them were removed.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: dsjpk5// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] No RFD is required for this debate and, as such, votes are not moderated.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Bridget.Annlord_megatronTied