Magelina
mb852

Canada should help Libya before helping their own country first?!

mb852
Started: 3/28/2011 Category: News

Magelina

Con

In my opinion, Canada should help their own country first. They should help their country as quick as they can so then after that they could help Libya. I'm not saying that Canada should not help other countries although, if Canada has millions of dollars to send planes to Libya, can't they use some of that money to feed the hungry people that we have in Canada? Many people go home and not having anything to eat that night, the next night and/or the whole week! Although Libya is in danger as we speak, isn't starvation and other problems also as important to us Canadians?
mb852

Pro

Canada has the resources (planes and bombs) to protect countless innocent civilians from being slaughtered before the eyes of the world. There are two types of modernized countries, one is noble and protects those in the world from murderous governments, and the other is cowardly/selfish and stands by while the noble nations do the dirty work and save lives.

Canada's people should come together and help the starving while the government helps those who have guns to their heads.
Magelina

Con

As my opponent has stated, (canada's people should come together and solve the problem while the gouvernment helps the people with the guns to their heads) > I think the gouvernment should still be over all with there country before becoming a part of a " civil war". The reason why Canada is helping is because the president of Libya promised to them that he would not hurt anyone. When Canada found out he broke the promise, thats when they started to be involved, if you think of this : if he did not hurt anyone, but still didn't give the citizens wat they wanted would Canada have got involved? In my opinion, i don't think Canada WOULD have got involved. The hurting part of this problem would'nt turn into a "civil war" would it?

:)
mb852

Pro

So then you agree with me....given the current circumstance of Ghadaffi's broken promises and move towards violence, Canada should help (and is helping) the people of Libya.
Posted by janice.marquis3 3 years ago
janice.marquis3
Canada only has a small population of 38 million . We cannot save the world. Its due to my ancestors of 400 years and the christians that canada is what it is today, we always help the downtrodden and helpless and poor, but now canada is broke. Canada has the highest unemployment at 25% in the G7. We have 2.5 million out of work There are many eating in food banks. We lost 500000 jobs n the past year in ontario from rising hydro costs due to govt scandals. We also want one culture we dont believe in multiculturalism, we want two languages english and french, and we want to hear them outside. THis is not the canada I grew up in I am very sad with how canada is turning. The liberals have ruined Canada, alot of us dont like the Liberal party.
Posted by Magelina 5 years ago
Magelina
umm i guess you can still debate but its kinda already too late :(
> and thanks for welcoming me
> i dont really think the sides should be switched :) !! its your onest opinion! :)
Posted by mb852 5 years ago
mb852
Shouldn't the sides be switched?
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
Another Canadian female? Doesn't Canada only have like, 24 females total?

jk, welcome to the site.
Posted by m93samman 5 years ago
m93samman
Lol of course you can't
Posted by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
I'm not Canadian, can I still take this debate?
Posted by m93samman 5 years ago
m93samman
http://www.debate.org...

You're incredibly bubbly personality
Posted by Magelina 5 years ago
Magelina
i dont think this is a real person !!! is it ????? lol :))))))
Posted by Magelina 5 years ago
Magelina
ahahahaha :O IS THIS A JOKE ! LOL ????? :)
Posted by m93samman 5 years ago
m93samman
yea, read the comment I posted to your profile
Vote Placed by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
Magelinamb852Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Terrible spelling by Con. Also Con seemed to affirm Pro's stance in the third round.
Vote Placed by PervRat 5 years ago
PervRat
Magelinamb852Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's last round seemed to be for Pro, which pretty much kills any points for Con.