AthenaMusic10
Adam2

Canada vs USA

Started: 4/12/2014 Category: Places-Travel

AthenaMusic10

Pro

I would like to make this very interesting by using a 3 round debate with 500 characters. I will be for Canada. In this debate, I would like to talk about why Canada is a better country than the United States. My only concern is that the Con is an American for a better debate. I think Canada is the better country than the USA because we have a monarchy in which a queen rules over while USA is an independent country that uses nuclear weapons to resolve problems.
Adam2

Con

I accept. To refute some of your things. On nuclear weapons: yes the USA has them. However we are in the position to defend allies like Kuwait. Tough times calls for tough measures. We have an awesome highway system, that Canada doesn't have. In America we believe in getting out of our luxury zones once in a while. Canada has awesome roads, I'll give you that, but America has awesome roads and highways. I love the smell of tollbooths in the morning lol. Come on, don't deny it. :)
AthenaMusic10

Pro

America is a large country and we have amazing subway/bus systems. In Chicago, I know that have those trains that are above ground on like pillars or whatever and it is quite an inconvenience. Canada fights for England but the US try to create world peace by causing a war/joining in a war. They may have been responsible for many great inventions such as the atom smasher or the internet but they also create nuclear weapons and the stuff about gays and lesbians. PS I think all roads are the same.
Adam2

Con

On America we done a lot of bad things, but so has every other country. Canada was built off the back of oppression by Scotland. The French and Native Americans were mistreated by the Scottish and northern English. Now, when you say fight for England, I definitely think you mean the south, because it's the north and the lowlands of Scotland that have the same qualities you accuse the USA of having. The north of the USA, founded by southern England, has a lot better things than some of Canada
AthenaMusic10

Pro

My conclusion is that every country is pretty good but Canada is amazing because it is mostly sub-urban and full of beautiful things. People, culture, nature. I hope people vote for this debate. Canada is a really great country to visit.
Adam2

Con

To close, so does America. But we also know how to have some adventure. Thus the interstate system. Canada is too into their comfort zone. Also about the southern English colonies, I say that because there were also colonies by the Scotish (under James I).
Vote for the best. Thanks for this debate.
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
You can be an open racist and be a backstabber
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
ramramgeorge
No such thing as hiding bad things. That doesn't exist. You're either openly boastful hateful or you're not. Backstabbing is a different thing. Denmark, Britain and Swedes are some of the most openly racist countries in the world. The KKK. They're backstabbers, though.
Posted by AdamKG 3 years ago
AdamKG
I am surprised pro didn't bring up healthcare. That would have been a great boost to her argument.
Posted by ramramgeorge 3 years ago
ramramgeorge
I lived in both for most of my life, and to be honest southern Canada and northern United States have ALLOT in common. Take away gun control, healthcare, and devotion to monarchy and tell me the SIGNIFICANT cultural difference between Canada and United States??

Both countries have their good and bad. They are both so good and bad at the same time that they are similar.

The true difference is comparing southern US to the rural/sparsely populated parts of Canada but along the border both countries are very similar. People are under the illusion that Canada is significantly better because Canada's government is better at hiding things and more people are naive and rely on the mainstream.
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
Canada has better health care, less crimes, gun restrictions, no death penalty, diversity, kindness, acceptance. How on earth is America better?
Vote Placed by Haroush 3 years ago
Haroush
AthenaMusic10Adam2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No one made a better argument here in my opinion. Both Pro and Con didn't give good enough points which would make their country better..