mycull
ReganFan

Cannabis Sativa Enhances my Life

mycull

Pro

The argument is whether or not cannabis sativa (marijuana) enhances my health or is detrimental to my overall health. "Health" is pertaining to, but not restricted; mental, physical, social, ect.

Consumption of cannabis is not restricted to smoking, but also includes vaporizing, edibles, drinks, ointments, ect.

Referencing scientific links, or personal experience reports are not permissible if the link is a study formed by a government. Only studies performed outside government may be referenced.

The debate will be based around my current lifestyle, which is outlined based upon my actual daily regimen.

- A total of 4 grams of cannabis sativa is consumed a month, totaling $40. It is consumed after exercise, and the end of my laborious work shift on weekends only. Occasionally it is used to enhance recreational activities, such as playing guitar, creative thinking, and watching movies.

- Cannabis is consumed in order to relax my stomach with being lactose intolerant, remove pain from sore muscles from exercise and work, sleep aid, and general relaxation and uniquely creative thinking.

- I am not currently ensured for coverage of legal medicine costs, and have tried 4 separate prescription sleep aids with no positive long term effect.

- I would also like to note, that I work 35 hours a week, and attend university with an above average grade point average.

The cons objective is to prove that cannabis sativa is doing more harm than good to my personal health.

This is my first debate on this website, and I thank everyone who reads and votes.
ReganFan

Con

You probably do not remember your health pre-marijuana use because it destroys your memory.
mycull

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate, it's a real honor Mr. President.

I understand your argument to be that I probably cannot remember my previous health before using marijuana, and therefore cannot give a fair comparison to my health after having used marijuana.

I accept the use of "probably", for it is a vague statistical statement, but clear that chances are greater than lesser.

============

I reject your claim, and bring to light that because I am a Canadian citizen, having grown up in a Canadian school system, there have been several government issued mandatory tests given to me through several years of my life. These tests took place years before my use with cannabis, and afterward.

Because of this, I have the information to do a comparative analysis on my cognitive ability through different stages in my life. Due to the fact that today, my reading/comprehension, aptitude, spatial ability, fitness, and general cognitive ability test results are not only remembered by me, but assuredly in sync with my ability now, or even less when contrasted against my current ability.

Even if I could not remember, the information is available to me in order to remember. Therefore I can remember, thus my point of being worst or better is irrelevant but a deterrent to your next round.

I look forward to the end of this debate, and I thank you for your time.
ReganFan

Con

The argument you made in round 2 is invalid, you provided speculation not actual evidence, taking your word for it is not good enough, you have to provide SOLID evidence.

The burden to prove that Mary Jane made you better falls on you, all I have to do is negate the evidence.
mycull

Pro

Thank you for your reply.

I understand you believe my argument to be invalid because I provided speculation. You also insist the burden of proof falls on me to prove Mary Jane made me feel better.

============

I accept "Mary Jane" for cannabis.
I did not provide speculation, I gave examples you were not able to recognize. Now, I provide fact. See here:
http://www.etfo.ca...
And I can compare here:
http://www.eqao.com...

Also, in your first argument you said, "You probably do not remember your health pre-marijuana use because it destroys your memory.".

I proved the ability for me to measure my aforementioned skills is possible from before to after I used cannabis. This is a important measurement of ones health. The proof you insist on is in front of you, for I am clearly literate.

Now because you did not first define "health", I have chosen to. Due to this, my proof is that I am clearly literate. Literacy is a form of mental ability, as is reading and comprehension; the list goes on however problem solving is another one, which is what I'm doing right now debating you.

Looking forward to your reply.
ReganFan

Con

You don't it, you have to provide PROOF you did better on the standardized tests after your marijuana use, the links you provided tell us what the standardized tests are, they don't have your scores or anything. All you have done is said you did better after marijuana use than you did before, that isn't proof.

I strongly urge a con vote because my opponent hasn't provided credible evidence that Cannabis Sativa has in any way improved his life

Vote Con!
Posted by Chuckles 8 years ago
Chuckles
"The fact the guy was probably high as a kite now and when he wrote it"
and he still whooped your a$$.
now how do you feel?
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 8 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
That is hardly fair, when someone puts in all that effort of writing three sentences you can hardly expect them to proof read it. Inevitably mistakes will creep into such a vast essay.
Posted by Rob1Billion 8 years ago
Rob1Billion
Con, round 3:

"You don't it, ..."

lol. I know it would have killed you to actually re-read your three sentence argument before you posted it...
Posted by untitled_entity 8 years ago
untitled_entity
Before/After - TIE. I could care less if it enhances mycull's life.
Conduct - TIE. Both of you dabbled with poor sportsmanship.
Spelling and Grammar - PRO. Con had some trouble stringing together legible sentences. There were also many grammatical errors.
Convincing Arguments - PRO. Con didn't really create make any coherent arguments.
Sources: PRO. Pro had a source.

So, my RFD is basically the exact same as dvhoose.
Posted by dvhoose 8 years ago
dvhoose
C: Tied
SG: Pro
CA: Pro
S: Pro

Conduct: Both sides made a couple remarks I thought could have been phrased better. (I look forward to the end of this debate-Pro)(You don't [get] it-Con) etc.

Spelling and Grammar: Both sides had mistakes, however when we compare errors to total words, Con has a higher percentage of mistakes, and thus loses this category.

Convincing Arguments: Con never explains anything. Only makes statements. I would have preferred a little more in-depth analysis. Con told me what, but didn't tell me why... Pro told me what and why, and ultimately, convinced me on his side.

Sources: For what they're worth, Pro did post sources on the standardized testing. I almost voted tie, but decided against it.
Posted by FlavourWave 8 years ago
FlavourWave
You have to be fair to this Regan guy, his argument was better than pro's despite that whole memory thing in R1
Posted by ReganFan 8 years ago
ReganFan
and someone votes for mycull even though they have no argument
Posted by ReganFan 8 years ago
ReganFan
Cerebral_Narcissist
My opponent has just stated something that is not based off ANY fact at all, and if people think i haven't either that is fine, but it wasn't my job to prove that marijuana improved his life, it was his and he didn't, all i have to do is negate it, seeing as he didn't provide any actual information my arguments are just as valid or more valid than his.
Cerebral_Narcissist
ReganFabn
I hope that when this gets to a vote people will ignore the fact that the burden of proof falls on Pro due to your pathetic contribution.
Posted by ReganFan 8 years ago
ReganFan
and look at my name and age and you'll figure it out ;-)
Vote Placed by atheistman 8 years ago
atheistman
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by mycull 8 years ago
mycull
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by Rob1Billion 8 years ago
Rob1Billion
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by untitled_entity 8 years ago
untitled_entity
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by Charlie_Danger 8 years ago
Charlie_Danger
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by dvhoose 8 years ago
dvhoose
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by Volkov 8 years ago
Volkov
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by JSquires 8 years ago
JSquires
mycullReganFanTied
Vote Placed by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
mycullReganFanTied