Cannabis should it be legalized

Hello, My names Ethan

Cannabis, its a drug we have all heard of even tried some of us. Yes it is a "illegal" drug in most places but should it ?

If something is "illegal" its basically means if your found with it you can face jail or a fine. If its illegal why is it prescribed to people who have insomnia, recovering from kemo therapy and is now legal in various states in America and in several countries.

Also if it is legalized it will bring a ton of money into the country or state amazing example Colorado ever since cannabis was legalized its crime rate how lowered and revenue has increased and this in only in one place

Making anything legal lowers the crime rate.

Crime rates are logically reduced when making legal any activity previously illegal. For instance, making murder legal would result in a drop in crime because nobody is being charged with murder.

Serious dangers are associated with legalized marijuana use, outweighing benefits.

Use of marijuana causes a host of physical and mental impairments including, but not limited to:
  • Permanent memory loss[1]
  • Reduced mental capacity[1]
  • Reduced physical reaction time[1]
  • Paranoia
  • Lung damage[3]
  • Increased risk of developing Schizophrenia[2]
  • Increased risk of injury or death in a car crash[4]

Is marijuana safe? No, there"s no such thing as absolutely safety. The drugs you consume to make your headache go away have side affects:

Common side effects of ibuprofen include:
nausea (feeling sick)
vomiting (being sick)
diarrhoea (passing loose, watery stools)
indigestion (dyspepsia)
tummy (abdominal) pain

Less common side effects include:
fluid retention (bloating)
raised blood pressure
gastritis (inflammation of the stomach)
a stomach ulcer
allergic reactions "" such as a rash
worsening of asthma symptoms by causing bronchospasm (narrowing of the airways)
kidney failure

So when you compare cannabis to legal prescribed drugs its just as bad and if it had
"Serious dangers are associated with legalized marijuana use"
They would not on any circumstance prescribe it to patients.

One the fact of "Increased risk of injury or death in a car crash" Alcohol is far cheaper in places than cannabis her you can buy a gram of cannabis for "12 odds but you could also buy a bottle of vodka for around the same price and the vodka would do Far more long term damage and short term than cannabis examples: it has memory loss affects long and short, vomiting which can lead to death if your asleep and you vomit, in some cases people turn really violent and attack other people and the worst in my mind is its numbs your body people are far more likely to do stupid stuff while drunk it gives them a confidence boost and tricks them into thinking there fine. So should we ban Alcohol ? I mean it would save more lives wouldn't it. "In 2012 there were 8,367 alcohol-related deaths in the UK" that were proved to be related to alcohol. But for cannabis its has zero yes zero direct deaths and personally I have never heard of a stoned driver because they're to lazy to move anywhere. And smoking should be illegal not cannabis "About 100,000 people in the UK die each year due to smoking. Smoking-related deaths are mainly due to cancers, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart disease." the side affect of smoking are the worst. I am sure everyone has heard the old smoking vs cannabis arguments so ill not really go in depth about it.

The crime drop wasn't related to cannabis it was overall crime "Between January 1 and April 30, violent crime and property crime in Denver "" the most populated city in Colorado, in terms of both people and weed dispensaries "" dropped 10.6 percent compared to that same span one year earlier, official statistics reveal. Homicides have dropped to less than half of last year"s levels, and motor vehicle theft has shrunk by over one-third."

The cost of charging and hold a criminal for cannabis "misuse" it costs "In the UK it is estimated that each new prison place costs "119,000 and that the annual average cost for each prisoner exceeds "40,000." Its ridicules you are sending someone to prison for up to 5 years in prison for possession of a plant so that's "200,000 to hold them there and "560,000 for intent so sell that money for 1 prisoner could be used else were like schooling or health care.

Con you're full argument in round one was it was dangerous everything you consume in your body has an effect also it would be for adults of course so they will know the risks and are aware that it can have a negative affect.

Thanks, I apologize for they sloppy writing and I hope to see a reply

I apologize. I cannot post an argument yet. I have been kept at work several days in a row. I have a few days off now and will post in the next round.

ill pass this round to keep it fair

Robert_Weiler forfeited this round.

Sadly con has not replied so all i say is vote pro, thanks

Robert_Weiler forfeited this round.
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
DANG. Can u make another challenge then?
PLEASE??? Thanks
zoze, can you make this debate a challenge against me? Then I can ask my partner if i want to debate it! I am very seriously considereing it, Ok?
Vote Placed by kasmic 2 years ago