Tommy.leadbetter
Wylted

Cannabis

Wylted

Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Cannabis is the best recreational drug ever
Wylted

Con

I will be arguing there are better recreational drugs. Please state your case.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Okay so I will lay down some of the measures of a good drug, in my opinion.

(1) Health risk (long term)
Cannabis, if eaten, vaporised or drank in tea has zero health effects. Smoking cannabis is not good for lungs so better to do it another way. However compared to alcohol, tobacco, e.c.t its health risks are minimum. Alcohol can be quite safe, but it must be drunk in small quantities, but cannabis you can get very high every night (bare in mind this is not counting the fact that you can have it in other ways) with less effects on your health. So it is possible to get as high as possible every night without any health effects (apart from if smoked), but if you got as drunk as possible every night you would be dead before a few weeks and you would have to be force fed. So cannabis wins for long term health hands down, I think you will agree.

(2) Risk of overdose.
Cannabis 0%. Alcohol causes poisoning and death is not rare, ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, legal highs all can result in death and again it is not rare.

(3) Enjoyment
well this is all subjective. Drink makes you confident and carefree, weed makes you conscious. Personally I prefer the consciousness, and it would seem fitting to me, for cannabis to be for the more sophisticated people rather than alcohol. For one inspires philosophical thought and the other encourages primitive, childlike behaviours. But this one is subject to the individual and I cannot argue this logically either way.

(4)Side effects
Sleepy, hungry, that's it. No matter how high you get you will not have any side effects bar feeling tired and possibly hungry. Once you fall asleep and wake up, you are back to normal. So you do not have to put days or nights aside for cannabis use, it is light and easy. Alcohol for instance has horrible severe side effects and long lasting pains. You wake up the next day and even though you got drunk LAST night, you feel crap all day! Its ridiculous. Acid, ecstasy, alcohol and cocaine all have long lasting side effects and once you have taken it you cannot do anything else until you have fallen asleep for 6 hours and woken up. And even then you will feel like crap.

(5)peoples personality on the drug
drunk people are unbearable, high people will have a deep conversation with you, and if you don't want to talk to them, they will leave you alone. They keep themselves to themselves, and take pleasure in things like documentaries, music, art or computer games. 80% of crimes are committed by people under the influence of alcohol, and you know what drunk people are like typically.

(6)Productivity
No known productivity of alcoholics, coke heads, speed ecstasy etc. Weed has been incredibly influential in most popular music, art and film. The founder of Apple smokes cannabis. John Lennon, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix (all supported weed over alcohol) to name a handful.

(7) Last point, weed is the only natural drug. All other drugs cannot be taken in the real world, they require farms and factories. Cannabis is ready made and available freely and naturally without chemical processors.

That will be enough for now

Oh yes, and weed is cooler than all the other drugs.
Wylted

Con

Introduction

I will accept the measurements of what makes a good drug. I ask that the voters, weight each of these measurements equally while judging the arguments portion of the debate. Since my opponent is stipulating a specific type of Marijuana use (vaporized or drank from a tea), then I will specify a specific type of use for my drug. I choose Adderall for adult usage only and dosages that don't exceed 20 milligrams. I will also be relabeling area 7 of the points my opponent made (The X Factor).

1 Health Risk

The health risks for Adderall are very minimal, and when you look at the health benefits it's actually a net gain health wise. As opposed to Marijuana where the health affects at best are neutral. In the United States over 1/3 of all adults are obese [1]. With one of the side effects of Adderall being loss of appetite [2], the obesity epidemic would also come to a sharp decline, if Adderal were much more widely used. According to the CDC one of the top killers every year is accidents, with a total of about 120,000 a year [3]. With one of the side affects of Adderall being increased focus [2]. It is very likely that people wouldn't be as easily distracted. This reduction of distractions would lead to a decreased amount of accidental deaths. Over 4% of people have undiagnosed ADHD[4]. This number doesn't even include the amount of diagnosed ADHD. If you use Adderall (an ADHD medicine) then there is probably a good chance that by using Adderall recreationally, there is a good chance you'll be accidently treating an undiagnosed condition.

2. Risk of overdose

Just like Marijuana, Adderall when not exceeding the limits I discussed has close to a 0% chance of overdose. When taking into account the health benefits Adderal does better then, not killing you. It reduces your chances of death.

3. Enjoyment

This category is pretty subjective. While a lot of people get a good feeling from Adderall, it isn't like a high from weed or a buzz from drinking. The joy you get from doing Adderal actually comes from the fact you'll have a better life. Adderall dramatically improves productivity [2]. With your increased productivity it's very likely your income will rise, you'll be more organized and you'll be able to put more energy into your relationships. The enjoyment you get from Adderall isn't only from the immediate effects. A lot of joy comes from the overall improvement of your life in almost every category.

4. Side Effects

The side effects are awesome. Weed makes you hungry then you over eat and then get fat. Adderall reduces appetite and you can get your buzz while remaining thin. Weed makes you sleepy and lazy, Adderall makes you wide awake and extremely productive. I'm doing 8 debates right now, I just cleaned my entire house, I work 50 hours a week, and I still have time to take my pool playing hobby very seriously, also I have plenty of time for sex. The side effects of Adderall blow the effects of weed right out of the water.

5. Personality on the drug

Unlike weed Adderall makes people more focused in conversation. It helps you to pay closer attention to what people are saying. When you talk to pot heads all they want to talk about is Bob Marley, the CIA dealing drugs, and far out ridiculous conspiracy theories. I'd much rather talk to someone who will listen to me, then one who is going to randomly start talking about fluoride in my drinking water. The zoned out Pot head personality is completely unbearable, while the super focused attentive Adderall user is always fun to talk to. The personality of Adderall user's are better also because they have more time and energy to invest in their relationships. If you start using Adderall you are more focused on conversations, hang out with friends more, and be able to focus on your significant other better. Adderall is truly a miracle for your social life among other things.

6. Productivity

Adderall completely crushes weed when it comes to productivity. Look at the Adderall us among the top performing college students. The reason Adderall is so highly abused among college students is because it increases productivity. This is not a theory it has been proven [4]. Adderall also increases your productivity at work [2]. We're no longer talking about the rare person who can make millions singing a song. Now we are talking about your average Joe working or going to school. Adderall increase productivity for everyone, not just super stars. In your face weed!

7. The X Factor

You can obtain Adderall almost everywhere without going to the ghetto and having to hand your money to a shady drug dealer. I can Google the symptoms of ADHD walk into a doctor's office and boom, get a prescription. Then I go get my fix at Wal-Mart. What happens if I get caught with Adderall after I leave Wal-Mart? Not a thing I show the cops my prescription give them the bird and go on my way. What happens if you get caught with weed? You go to jail, disqualify yourself from being able to get a wide array of jobs, and ruin your chance at several institutions of higher learning. Worst of all you can't give the cops the bird because your hands are cuffed behind your back.

I will be saving all my rebuttals for the next round, out of fairness to my opponent. Thank you.

[1] http://www.cdc.gov...
[2] http://www.medicalnewstoday.com...
[3] http://www.cdc.gov...
[4] http://www.psy.vanderbilt.edu...
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Tommy.leadbetter forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

I'm giving my opponent one more chance, before I move to rebuttals.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Tommy.leadbetter forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

Adderal is better. If my opponent manages any rebuttals than, I will respond.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Tommy.leadbetter forfeited this round.
Wylted

Con

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read the first round of this debate. I think my arguments thus far are sufficient to show, that pot heads should reconsider their drug of choice.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
Thank you, that's very thoughtful of you
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
It's okay. I hope things get better for you. I will try to wait until the last minute to post all future arguments, to accommodate you.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
Sorry Wylted I received really bad news recently and I have a difficult few weeks ahead, I will continue with the debate, just excuse my lateness and know that if I do forfeit, I didn't want too I was just very pre-occupied. Thank you
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Tommy.leadbetterWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Adderal appears to be better. Pro provides no response, hence the conduct and arguments votes.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Tommy.leadbetterWyltedTied