Zachary9804
Some_Confused_Kid

Canned Food Drives

Some_Confused_Kid has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Zachary9804

Con

Canned food drives are not the most efficient ways to disperse food to the people in need and I will explain why when someone opposes.
Some_Confused_Kid

Pro

I will agree on your term and agreements and lets have a fun debate.

Canned food drives are a good thing that can help people.There are 42.2 million Americans that are starving.Can food drives give the opportunity by donating food to food pantry to give to starving people.It also gives kids the opportunity to feel like there helping someone in need.
Zachary9804

Con

Giving food and other necessary resources to the starving is great, but canned food drives are not the way to go. People think that a food drive is just another way to clear out their pantry while thinking that it's for a good cause. Many cans that people donate to drives are expired, not to mention the fact that canned foods are full of sodium. If people are not clearing out their pantries, they are going to the store looking for foods to donate. The problems with this is that you don't know what the people who need the food like and don't like. People assume certain brands and flavours. Also, there might be a hidden ingredient within the product that might be an allergen. Buyers are buying cans that cost about $3 when they could be donating that 3 dollars to a farmer where he/she could grow exponentially greater amounts of food. You could also donate your money to the needy people themselves where they can buy what they like and what is good for THEM. Don't argue about how they might not use the money for food and spend it on things they don't need, I could make the same argument and say that they can play bowling with the cans that they receive.
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 1 month ago
Some_Confused_Kid
My friend kinda chose this so i am sorry and how do you forfeit because I am against this too and hes just forcing me to do it :(.