Deathbeforedishonour
inferno

Cannibas should be legalized in the U.S.

Deathbeforedishonour

Deathbeforedishonour

Pro

I suggest we debate Cannibas legalization. First round is for acceptance.
inferno

Con

Cannibas is a drug. And the reason for this being is because of the side affects that it has on the human body. Any normal synthetic can also be abused in the process of which it is supposed to heal or be used for medicinal purposes.
However, this is an underground empire that has caused the death of many, many people all around the world.
You have drugs involved in the military industrial complex. And you have it being smuggled over the border from
Canada and Mexico. The street value only turns this into an illegal trade. Think of this as a gold that affects a persons mental state or mind. Do you honestly believe that this is the right thing to do knowing that people are often substance abusers. I think the law should stay.
Deathbeforedishonour

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for his acceptance, now on with the debate.

~~Rebuttal~~

My opponent gives no evedence to back up his claims, and it is mostly about the affects of it on the mind. However, this holds little water since Alcohol, Cigerettes, cigars, and some prescription drugs are mind altering. Yet, they are still legal. Therefore, since all of these are legal then Cannibus should also be legalized.

~~My argument~~

I will be affirming the resolution that Marijuana/ cannibas should be legalized in the U.S. My argument will consist of five contentions in which I will prove that the U.S. government should legalize marijuana.

Contention 1: People deserve the freedom

My first point will be that there is no good reason to not make marijuana legal. Many people ask 'Why should marijuana be made legal?' but we should ask 'Why should marijuana be illegal?' Individuals deserve to make their own choices. The government only has the right to put limits on these choices hurt another person. This doesn't apply to marijuana, since the person who chooses to use marijuana only affects the person that uses it.

Contention 2: Keeping marijuana illegal is too expensive.

The second point is that marijuana legalization would save the U.S. government a great deal of money. In one year alone the U.S. government spends $42 billion trying to get rid of marijuana by chasing down peaceful people who happen to like to get high [1]. These people get locked up in jail and we the taxpayers have to foot the bill. We have to pay for food, housing, health care, attorney fees, court costs, and other expenses to lock up these people. This is a extremely expensive method and simply costs too much. Think of how many better uses that money could be put too.

Contention 3: It would give the government more funds.

If marijuana were to be legalized it could be taxed and the government could get revenue to do its job better, such as paying off our national debt.

Contention 4: Marijuana prohibition doesn't help the U.S.

The third point I will make for why marijuana should be legalized is because prohibition doesn't help the U.S. in any way at all, and cause a ton of problems. There is not one good piece of good evidence that prohibition decreases marijuana use, and there are quite a few theories that suggest that it might be increasing marijuana use. One of the unintended effects of weed prohibition is it is very popular in high schools. Why is this? Because it is available. People don't have to be 21 to buy marijuana, marijuana dealers usually do not care about the age of their customers as long as they have enough money. It's easier for high schoolers to get their hands on marijuana then it is for them to get alcohol, because alcohol is legal and regulated so it will stay away from kids. We would do better if we just relied on honest open programs to educate the youth and regulated it so it stays out of the hands of kids. But our current prohibition plan does not allow such reasonable approaches to weed. The The programs such as 'DARE' lie about marijuana and also does not even work. We tried and failed miserably in alcohol prohibition, and now it is time that we learn from our past. [2]

Contention 5: Marijuana has medical uses.

Marijuana should be legalized because it also has certain properties that would be useful to the medical feild. In past years the palnt has treated many different sickenesses and disorders. It has even been used to treat the harsh effects of Kemo Therapy durring cancer treatment. Some of the ailments that marijuana is effective against are Arthritis, Epilepsy, Glaucoma, Eating Disorders, and many more [3].

In conclusion, legalizing marijuana would be better the keeping it illegal. The pros outway the cons when it comes to it. It would save money, and it would even decrease teen marijuana use, and it would make a lot of medical patients feel better.

Vote Pro!

[1] http://www.alternet.org.........

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org.........

[3] http://www.medicalmarijuanablog.com.........
inferno

Con

Canada and Mexico. The street value only turns this into an illegal trade. Think of this as a gold that affects a persons mental state or mind. Do you honestly believe that this is the right thing to do knowing that people are often substance abusers. I think the law should stay. See site for more information. http://en.wikipedia.org...(drug)

My last comment is my argument.
Deathbeforedishonour

Pro

My opponent only has one source. The source does not prove any of his points other then the fact that Marijuana is a drug. He has given no proof of why it should be illegal and how it harms others. I however, have proved that legalizing it would help society.

Until my opponent Inferno gives reasonable sources for his claims I see no reason why we (especialliy the voters), should actually take it seriously.

Vote Pro.
inferno

Con

inferno forfeited this round.
Deathbeforedishonour

Pro

Arguments extended.
inferno

Con

Again, marijuana is a drug. Yes, it can be used for medicinal purposes and has proven to be a rather affective form of physical stilumation. But the harsh reality remains. People use drugs to acquire money. AND when this drug of choice is used for monetary gain, familes have to suffer the consequences of people who make bad decisions.
Marijuana is also a lifestyle. And this lifestyle consists of cultural debauchery, drunkeness, rogue capitalism, and illegal trade. This is a business that will never die. So the truth remains, drugs affect our lives and our state of mind.
Marijuana. although not as mild as others, yet highly addictive, is no different.
Posted by inferno 5 years ago
inferno
I dont copy and paste. Just another delusional idiot.
Posted by ahopele 5 years ago
ahopele
"Cannabis is a drug". Coffee is a drug too. What the heck does that have to do with anything?
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
I know right? lol I dub him: GRAND DUFFUS OF DDO! XD
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
I love how Inferno just copy/pasted his argument from one round to the other and just pasted a wikipedia site onto it and called it an argument. Lol. Silly inferno.
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Counterplan: Cannabis should be legalised in the UK.
--OR--
Impact: Effect of removing the sovereignty of each state to instate its own laws.
Posted by inferno 5 years ago
inferno
Marijuana is a drug. It may be fitting for some people with certain illnesses to take this. But the cons far outweigh the pros. People use drugs to extort money. Some use it to abuse. Some use it to appease the strong. Some use it as a weapon. Money, or the love of it, is the root of all evil.And when you have people who are willing to risk their lives, or destory lives, it is not a sure bet to put this out into an open and fully legal market. It has more to do with people's or society's inability to take responsibility in an environment that glamourizes the drug lifestyle or culture.
And children would be at an even greater danger than an adult. Its a long story, but this is the harsh reality of our world. It is illegal in most places for a reason. It is addictive and it is a drug.
Deathbeforedishonour
i mite debate that. lol
Posted by Anayansi 5 years ago
Anayansi
I thought this was a debate about cannibals, not cannabis. In any case, if anyone wants to discuss that cannibals should be legal, drop me a line.
Posted by crossfade102495 5 years ago
crossfade102495
There are zero deaths associated with cannabis on record. Just putting that out there.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
DeathbeforedishonourinfernoTied
Reasons for voting decision: poor arguments from the con, pro had better sources, con FF a round.... end of story, amended after i realized i checked the wrong box
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
DeathbeforedishonourinfernoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Inferno used arguments that I'd use to support the legalisation of cannabis. Forfeited a round with no explanation
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
DeathbeforedishonourinfernoTied
Reasons for voting decision: .... Poor arguments from con he just c/pd his arguments and FFd a round.
Vote Placed by TUF 5 years ago
TUF
DeathbeforedishonourinfernoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits and displays poor argumentation and conduct.