Gabe1e
UtherPenguin

Capitalism is an overall better government system than Socialism

Gabe1e
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Gabe1e

Pro

Elo of 3,000 to accept.

Rules: No swearing, no debating in the comments, (besides audience) you must rebut my arguments before creating your own.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a forfeit.

Con must prove socialism is an overall better government than capitalism.

Good luck.
UtherPenguin

Con

Challenge accepted. I will post my opening argument in the next round.
Gabe1e

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate, I hope it will be a good one.

Definitions of each:

Capitalism:
an economic system in which investment in and ownership of themeans of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made andmaintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially ascontrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth. [1]

Socialism: an economic system in which investment in and ownership of themeans of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made andmaintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially ascontrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth. [2]

This is just to give the audience an idea of what each means, and how it is set up. (If they don't already know.)

3 reasons why capitalism is more superior to socialism

1. Capitalism works in concert with human nature while socialism works against it.

Capitalism works hand in hand with human nature and asks people to serve themselves as they serve others, it creates a much more productive society that gets the maximum out of its citizenry.

On the other hand, socialism runs on the contrary to human nature. As a general rule, people will work hard for themselves and their families, but it's considered an imposition so large that only god can ask them to pay other people’s bills without resentment. [3]

2. Capitalism is bascially freedom, and socialism is basically slavery.

Usually, socialists use envy to trick people into becoming angry at successful people instead they are the one's taking away their freedoms. For socialists to gain authority over your life, your own power has to shrink. The more the socialists take, the less of their own money the people get to spend. Capitalism reacts to the citizenry, while socialism tries to control and enslave the citizens. Capitalism will give you what you want for the right price, while socialism will give you what it thinks is best for you and tell you that you better like it. [4]

3. Capitalism produces faster growth than socialism.

Why do you think most poor people in this country have refrigerators, microwaves, and televisions that we think of as basic necessities even though those items are considered to be luxuries in much of the world? In our country, (the USA) we live to eat, while other countries eat to live. Even nations like China have figured this out and have seen their economies lift off by moving towards capitalism. If China keeps at it long enough, eventually the hundreds of millions of Chinese who're still living in huts and shacks will be able to have the sort of lives and technology even the American poor take for granted.

I have made my arguments, and I expect Con to rebut and post his own arguments, thank you.

Cites:

[1]- http://dictionary.reference.com...

[2]- http://dictionary.reference.com...

[3]- http://en.wikipedia.org...

[4]- http://en.wikipedia.org...

UtherPenguin

Con

UtherPenguin forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, arguments are extended.
UtherPenguin

Con

UtherPenguin forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

Arguments extended, ONCE AGAIN.
UtherPenguin

Con

UtherPenguin forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

Well, my opponent has forfeited all rounds, I urge a vote for me.

UtherPenguin

Con

UtherPenguin forfeited this round.
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
Capitalism is not a government system. It certainly demands some sort of governance to preserve private property rights.
Posted by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
My RFD none-the-less to help:

The overall set of arguments seemed good, except for the second one.

The second argument is highly opinionated. You could say Socialism removes the right to choice from an array of products, and if you don't like the companies that currently exist, too bad... But that would still depend largely on the type of Socialism. Honestly, the second argument seems more an opinion and less of a solid, objective reality. To avoid these kind of argument, ask yourself, how do 'you' define slavery... Than ask how 'they' might define it. Than ask yourself if you might be over-generalizing a massive topic.

As for Argument three, you only compared the US with the world. You should find more than a few nations to back this claim up. And be specific on your examples... I wouldn't say it'd be hard to in this topic, but you should still do it. The US may be an anomaly. You have to include more than just a few examples to prove your point. Nations are complicated groups, and there are hundreds of them, each with it's own story. They are not easy to compare.
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
I might debate a similar topic, Gabe1e, if you're interested.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
"He knows that. Why do you think he said it?

But I'll leave it there: he's smart to keep begging you to take points."

I have done it in all of my other debates, too. And, I would take off points if I were voting, but that's none of my business.

"In other news, I'd mentioned the economic/government mixup 4 days ago."

And I don't want to debate this, simply because I cannot defy my rules..
Posted by Alpacthulhu 2 years ago
Alpacthulhu
He knows that. Why do you think he said it?

But I'll leave it there: he's smart to keep begging you to take points.

In other news, I'd mentioned the economic/government mixup 4 days ago.
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
It's just a silly mistake no need to take conduct
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
My fault, the definitions are the same. I would recommend to take off a point for conduct on me, thank you.
Posted by MechVarg 2 years ago
MechVarg
I mean that both of them are economic systems, not government systems.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
When I sit down at mickey dee's and order a happy meal, I have freely agreed to the price and they freely agreed to deliver the product. That is capitalism.Now because of government intrusion I have to pay much more than needed.I have to pay all the local, state, and federal taxes on that product.Including the personal income taxes of the employees.And all the extra costs of government intrusive regulations.

THE CONSUMER PAYS ALL GOVERNMENT ACTIVITY.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
the........... Tell me where we need to have government intrusion to freely move money around?That is all capitalism is.The free movement of capital from one person to another by agreement.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
Gabe1eUtherPenguinTied
Reasons for voting decision: That was boring...