stschiffman
Ariesz

Capitalism vs Socialism?

stschiffman

stschiffman

Pro

I will be arguing in favor of capitalism, and Con will be arguing in favor of socialism.

First round is for acceptance only.
Ariesz

Con

stschiffman

Pro

Where do I even begin with socialism?

I know. First, I'll give a brief explanation of each.

Capitalism: A system that rewards hard work, success and innovation.
Socialism: A system that punishes hard work/success and rewards laziness and failure.

That is why socialism does not work. It is impossible for a system that rewards greed and demonizes success to work in the long run. Socialism might temporarily work, because for a short period of time, you can simply steal from the rich and successful. But what happens when you run out of their money? Not if, but when? Socialists never have a plan B.

On the other hand, capitalism works because it motivates people to work hard and to innovate. If America were a socialist country, people like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs never would have gone on to innovate and transform the world the way they did. Fact is, money motivates people. No one works hard if they know that the fruits of their labor are going to be taken by the government and redistributed.

The proof is all around us. Capitalist countries with free economies include Switzerland, Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia, all countries doing very well. Socialist countries with highly restricted economies include North Korea, Cuba, Zimbabwe, and Iran, countries doing horribly. If you want to look at true socialism, just look at Venezuela, a country where people line up for hours just to get bread and toilet paper rations. In capitalist countries, bread lines up for consumers, but in socialist countries, consumers line up for bread.

So, Ariesz, which lists sounds better, the former, or the latter? Obviously the former right. That's proof that when government takes a step back and lets civilians run businesses the way they want to, it's beneficial to everyone.

To quote Sir Winston Churchill "Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Couldn't have said it better myself. Socialists tend to call entrepreneurs and risk takers the greedy ones when they themselves are greedy. If someone works hard and makes money, you are just plain greedy if you want that money to be redistributed to you. Just look at Bernie Sanders and his crowd of brain dead supporters. They claim to be anti-greed, but their demands for free things are just plain greedy.

Still don't believe me? Watch the videos of Nobel Prize Winning Economist Milton Friedman explain the differences between capitalism and socialism.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
Think you know better than Friedman? In that case, where's your Nobel Prize in Economics?
Ariesz

Con

Ariesz forfeited this round.
stschiffman

Pro

Well, this is normally the part where I start my rebuttals, but since my opponent skipped that lats round, I guess I'm just going to keep up with my anti socialist argument.

My main argument for this section will be why socialism cannot work in America. Maybe it works in small, oil rich Scandinavian nations where the entire population has no ambition and no drive to innovate, but in America, it could never work.

For starters, we have way too many people for socialism to work. Socialism can only work on a small scale, like in Sweden, a nation with a population only slightly bigger than New York City. Elsewhere, socialism fails, because other nations simply have too many mouths for the government to feed.

All of Bernie Sander's claims, while good thoughts, are horribly unrealistic. Fact is, we're trillions in debt, and that man is stupid enough to think it's time to INCREASE government spending by BILLIONS. That will only further ruin our economy.

Those are my closing thoughts. I hope my opponent actually feels like debating the next round instead of forfeiting it again.
Ariesz

Con

Ariesz forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by ivan2002 6 months ago
ivan2002
stschiffmanArieszTied
Reasons for voting decision: he just gave up
Vote Placed by Wylted 6 months ago
Wylted
stschiffmanArieszTied
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 6 months ago
dsjpk5
stschiffmanArieszTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro. Also, Pro was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Pro by default.
Vote Placed by tejretics 6 months ago
tejretics
stschiffmanArieszTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit