The_Joker9633
Sitara

Capitalism

Started: 10/15/2013 Category: Economics

The_Joker9633

Pro

You say Capitalism is not effective? Because communism and command economies are so magnificent? Unadulterated Capitalism may be a poor practice, but regulated, Capitalism is incredibly efficient. Yes, business magnates have oppressed the people, but when it has been regulated, how often does a horrible lifestyle come into play. Take a look at the USSR and Cuba, Vietnam, China, Korea, Laos. Yes, these are world players alright.
Sitara

Con

1. Not once do I support, endorse or tolerate communism. 2. There are four major models of economic and governmental systems to choose from, including fascism, capitalism, socialism, and communism. Fascism is pretty much taking from the poor to give to the rich, the precise opposite of communism. Communism is taking from the rich to give to the poor. Both models have complete government control be it overt or covert. Capitalism comes in two forms: anarchist and minarchist. Anarchist is no government control at all, and the complete privatization of everything. Minarchist is the lext step up, but limiting taxation to no more than 20% total of each tax payer's entire assets. Socialism is the moderate point between capitalism and communism. I prefer democratic socialism because that type of socialism is enforced by we the majority vote people, not a dictator. 3. You would do well to know these differences. 4. Not all socialists believe in progressive taxation, so don't take it there. I support a 50% income tax only. 5. Before you take it there, not all socialists want your guns. Most of us allow gun rights, but for people who are not schizophrenic. 6. As the moderate point between capitalism and communism, socialism provides the individual freedom of private ownership with the provision for the poor and needy. 6. All of my references to socialism should be taken to refer to democratic socialism unless otherwise noted. 7. Thank you for a good debate.
The_Joker9633

Pro

Well I am pleased to know you are not one of those ignorant idealists who believe communism can actually work. Fascism is the same; it does not work. I still believe moderately regulate capitalism. Human greed and evil is the very reason why some systems don't work, and this is why unregulated capitalism does not work, for it IS akin to anarchy. The major players that have dominated, such as Carnegie and Rockefeller have proven this before. America today, and many other capitalistic societies are a mix between socialism and capitalism, and it has not proven detrimental. However, countries that rely heavily on socialistic principles have exceptionally high taxes due to the amount of money required for socialism, and many countries put so much into it they go into debt. The USA is becoming increasingly socialist, but we are not to that extreme point yet. I do agree with welfare and some social programs to get back on an economic high, but I feel that great strides are essential to the eradication of the loafers on society (my government professor has even wrote and pitched a law to our congressman suggesting that high school education or GED equivalent be required to receive welfare) but overall, that socialism provides too much an avenue for people to kick back and get paid without getting work. Instead of welfare benefits that, when totaled, equal more than minimum wage does, I feel we should increase the regulation of Capitalism to force better prices and employees. Of course this could be viewed bordering on socialism but I never said we weren't mixed. When I challenged you I saw that you said Capitalism simply does not work, and I didn't know your entire viewpoint. While I respectfully disagree that regulated Capitalism can be efficient, I agree a mixed one is often the case, and works just as well. On to the gun issue, well that made me laugh. The only people who are genuine about taking away guns are extremists or ignorant people. That would require a constitutional amendment, for crying out loud! Finally, the tax issue I must strongly oppose. I understand where one may come from when considering a flat rate; it seems fair enough, after all. However, coming from a lower-income housing (just for the record, low-income does NOT mean welfare recipient) I can say that 50 percent income tax would be unbearable. The higher up the food chain you went, the easier the money would be to dish out. The lower, the more harm you do to those that you are taxing. While maybe not a perfectly rounded "higher income higher tax" rate be necessary, I do feel a flat rate for all is unfair, as it produces a burden on the lower-income.
Sitara

Con

1. Gracias mi amigo. 2. Thank you for your realizism re anrachist capitilsim. 3. Miniarchist capitalism is better, but does not provide for the people. 3. i do not know about Carnigie and Rockerfeller. I am a product of a faulty school system. Catch me up? 4. Welfare is a form of socialism to me. 5. I agree about those who commit welfare fraud. 6. Corporate welfare should not exist. 7. How is it capitalism if it is regulated? 8. Define mixed economy. That seems to contradict itself. 8. I disagree. 50% of minimum wage is less money than 50% of higher income.
The_Joker9633

Pro

The_Joker9633 forfeited this round.
Sitara

Con

Sitara forfeited this round.
The_Joker9633

Pro

The_Joker9633 forfeited this round.
Sitara

Con

Sitara forfeited this round.
The_Joker9633

Pro

The_Joker9633 forfeited this round.
Sitara

Con

Sitara forfeited this round.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Hmm...
Posted by The_Joker9633 3 years ago
The_Joker9633
No I agree, apart from the income tax we both said we like regulated Capitalism, you simply prefer a more socialistic capitalism, which is near and dearly the same as what I call regulated Capitalism. At least to a large degree.
Posted by Sitara 3 years ago
Sitara
How so, smoothpoints?
Posted by smoothpoints 3 years ago
smoothpoints
Looks like both of you agree...
Posted by Sitara 3 years ago
Sitara
Hit me up with a message.
Posted by ironmaiden 3 years ago
ironmaiden
Wait, Sitara, you said you believe in a 50% income tax only? This would mean any other tax that exists would be abolished, right? Please elaborate a bit for me.