Icypresto
Thetan

Capitalism

Icypresto

Con

I will be arguing for the total reform and abolition of capitalism for communism
Thetan

Pro

My opponent has failed to properly begin the debate. They have failed because they have failed to define their terms. Allow me to take the liberty.
Communism: "A theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state."
Capitalism- "an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth."

Ill be debating one basic contention. My contention is that Capitalism should not be replaced with Communism because in order for that to happen, grave injustices would have to occur; and injustices should never occur. . Allow me to expound: Injustice is defined as "all cases of making somebody else or that person's property worse off without that person's consent,with the exception of self defense."
First:
The Argument of Theft
All cases of taking somebody else's money or property without their consent are cases of theft.
The transition from Capitalism to communism would include the taking of people's money and property without their consent.
Therefore, the transition from Capitalism to Communism would include theft.

Second:
The argument of slavery
All cases of somebody allocating someone else's body, time, or resources without the person's consent are cases of slavery.
The transition from Capitalism to Commmunism would include the allocation of many people's time, body, or resources without their consent.
Therefore, the transition from Capitalism to Communsim would include many cases of enslaving people.

Summary: Both theft and slavery would have to occur in great quantity and with extreme frequency in order to "reform" and "abolish" Capitalism in order for Communism to take its place, and both theft and slavery are injustices. However, injust acts should never be commited. In order for my opponent to win this debate, my opponent must either destroy all of my above reasoning and then present his own, or rationally prove why injust acts pertaining to this debate should be commited.
Icypresto

Con

Icypresto forfeited this round.
Thetan

Pro

I await my opponent's rebuttals.
Icypresto

Con

Icypresto forfeited this round.
Thetan

Pro

Thetan forfeited this round.
Posted by Firesofthenether 6 months ago
Firesofthenether
Though it pains me to say, I have to vote in favour of Thetan purely do to the fact that the Instigator has provided no argument and has not made any rebuttals.