Ron-Paul
Rick

Capitalism

Ron-Paul

Ron-Paul

Pro

The first round is for acceptance.
Rick

Con

I am on stand by waiting ofr your opening arguments.
Ron-Paul

Pro

Defense Point 1: Capitalism allows for the vast majority of people to live comfortable lives. It allows for the free (as in the right to) growth of wealth.

Defense Point 2: Capitalism allows for the consumer to ultimately decide, what products should be produced and how many products that consumers will buy. Then the market sets an equilibrium price that allows for the consumer to one, shop where prices are cheaper, and two, get a say in what a particular price should be. This efficient system allows for shortages and surpluses to be eliminated in a timely fashion. This system allows for the consumer to decide what he wants.

Defense Point 3: It allows for the country's economy to grow, thus increasing both consumer wealth and business wealth, which in turn allows for consumers to buy more of the products that they want and the businesses to make more of the products that consumers want.

Defense Point 4: As consumers and businesses get more money through overall economic growth, this allows the businesses to pay higher wages to their employees, which allows their employees to buy more products from companies, and the cycle constantly repeats with businesses getting richer and more successful and consumers to get richer and to get more of the products that they want.

Defense Point 5: It allows for the poor to help their situation by allowing them to choose which job pays the most, which increases his wealth.

Attack Point 1: In most socialistic countries, most of the people are in poverty, and are not free to grow wealth for the government sets a maximum amount that people can save, and just tax the rest.

Attack Point 2: Socialism only allows for the Government to decide what is produced, how much is produced, and at what price the products will be sold at. This means that consumers have to take what the government gives them, and they may or may not end up with the products that they want or how many of that product they can buy. This in turn makes shortages and surpluses rampant. In most countries, the price of essentials is too high, and the number too few for the efficient transfer of resources, which makes poverty.

Attack Point 3: Neither consumers make much more money, for the Government taxes it all, and the businesses are not allowed to make profits, the profits go to the Government, which does not let the business expand and grow, and the businesses can not keep up with consumer demand.

Attack Point 4: Since businesses aren't allowed to make a profit, businesses can not increase employee's wages, which in turn, can not cycle more money into the business. Economic growth is cut off.

Attack Point 5: Since most employees are stuck at the same job most of their life, only a Government motion can increase wages, since the employee is not allowed to look around for higher wages, nor can the business make profit which in turn. the business can not increase wages. And that Government motion comes rarely.
Rick

Con

Rick forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Pro

The arguments that I used for my Round 2 argument are extended into Round 3.
Rick

Con

Rick forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Pro

My arguments that I used for my Round 2 argument are extended into Round 4.

VOTERS: I have given Rick ample opportunity, and he refuses. I now ask for the conduct point.

Just for some free source points also:
"Capitalism demands the very best of every person and rewards him or her according to his efforts and skills, accordingly. It allows anyone the freedom to choose the work or business of their skill and interest, and to trade that labor or product for either the equivalent monetary value, or an equally desirable product or service in trade (which the IRS would now still tax!). The value of a person's work is determined by the free market where there is a 100% correlation between the value added to society and the compensation earned in return. In true capitalism, it is the consumer is king.": http://www.myfreedompost.com....
"There are a limited number of resources in the world. Therefore, a system is needed that rations out these resources in a manner that benefits all the stakeholders. As we discussed in Gas Shortages previously, prices determined through supply and demand allow resources to be allocated to those who need them most. In the case of a crisis, the person with an empty tank of gas can buy what he currently needs most (because the price will be high enough to deter people who don't really need it).": http://conservativeeconomics.blogspot.com....
"[More] government spending is [not] a way to improve economic performance. [It] did not pull the United States economy out of the Great Depression in the 1930s [,nor] solve Japan's "lost decade" in the 1990s [,nor] will help the U.S. today. To improve the economy, policy makers should focus on reforms that remove impediments to work, saving, investment and production. Lower tax rates and a reduction in the burden of government are the best ways of using fiscal policy to boost growth.": http://www.takeonit.com....
Rick

Con

Rick forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Pro

Vote Pro.
Rick

Con

Rick forfeited this round.
Posted by Yarely 4 years ago
Yarely
Ron-Paul, I would like to debate this with you
Posted by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
For Rick: I forgot to put this in my Round 2 argument, so I will put it here. I will be lenient on you this time. I will ask voters do not give me the conduct point in my Round 3 argument, but that is only if you respond. If you forfeit the next round, I will ask voters to give me the conduct point, and if you forfeit the next round, I will ask voters to give me the convincing sources points, and if you forfeit the last round, I will ask voters to make a complete blowout in my favor (7-0 my favor for every vote). I am trying to be nice, but you need to do your part. I will tell voters this in my argument if you forfeit more round. And I might even through in some extra points and attacks to solidify the vote for me. Please respond in order to not do this.
Vote Placed by Mr.Infidel 4 years ago
Mr.Infidel
Ron-PaulRickTied
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 4 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Ron-PaulRickTied
Reasons for voting decision: So many FF lately. Sad.