Mags2
Jillybean5

Captain America is better than Iron Man

Mags2

Mags2

Pro

Captain America is the best Marvel superhero. He has super human strength, and has a shield of rare metal. Iron Man is just a millionaire playboy from Manhattan. That's no superhero to me
Jillybean5

Con

Iron man is also made of a rare metal, but instead of just a small circle, he has a whole suit to protect him. There's a reason he's a billionaire, and that's because of his brain capacity, his head holds the knowledge of 10 captain Americas and therefore can conclude better and quicker plans. To me captain America is a just a lucky man who was chosen for an experimental drug that gave him all of his fame.
Mags2

Pro

Captain America was given this opportunity, because he has the heart to serve his country . Other than Iron Man, who only cares about himself and women. He has olympic level athleticism,and peak human physiological conditioning,master martial art agility, wields vibranium steel alloy shield, and excellent field commander. Without iron man'so arc reactor, all he would have is himself. Take away Captain America's serums, you would have a humble man willing to serve his country for the better good.
Jillybean5

Con

Take away the serum and you may get humbleness, but thats not enough to fend for himself against opponents. At least iron man has some muscle in his body and can hold himself up in a fight. Iron man was also willing to risk his life in the avengers for the better sake of the U.S., a very big act of selflessness if you ask me. As for women captain America will make out with the first bimbo with boobs he sees, Iron man however, is content with his lovely Pepper Potts.
Mags2

Pro

Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.
Steve Rogers: I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.
Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.
Steve Rogers: Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero.
-The Avengers

Captain America is a strong leader and took his role in the Avengers seriously from the beginning, unlike Iron Man. Without his suit and his money, Tony Stark is nothing but a guy with a bad attitude.
Unlike Iron Man, Captain America does not need a metallic suit to look strong. I know you would say he was a science experiment, but then couldn't the same be said about Spider man being bitten by the radioactive spider, or Wolverine who had an operation on his whole skeletal system, or Banner who emitted to gamma radiation.
The back stories are all what matter. How did they become what they are?
Jillybean5

Con

If you think it's unheroic to find a smart way to win, instead of risking your life every 5 minutes , then you're severely crazy. The only reason Captain America is even still alive is because that's the way the script plays him out to be. As for Iron Man "just being a philanthropist." Are you really saying that's a negative thing? The definition of a philanthropist is: a person who seeks to promote the welfare of others, especially by the generous donation of money to good causes. I don't know about you, but that's someone I would strive to be. I guess you're just an immature human being that doesn't care about anything in the world, except Captain America, now that's a great life.
Posted by johnmind 2 years ago
johnmind
i love iron man
Posted by johnlubba 2 years ago
johnlubba
lol.

I love these debates.
Vote Placed by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
Mags2Jillybean5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a good argument. Con didn't really have an argument just rebuttals of Pros argument. Points off Con for name calling
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Mags2Jillybean5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro shows, although only slightly better than con, that capt. america cares more about the country in his heart than Iron Man.