vnraptor
dynamicduodebaters

Captain America would beat master chief in a fight

dynamicduodebaters

vnraptor

Pro

Captain America: the Sentinel of Liberty; the First Avenger; the Star-Spangled Hero. He is the benchmark for all fictional soldiers. Master Chief may be an incredibly powerful super-soldier, but even he has to bow down to Steve Rogers. Cap is a physically perfect human being, a tactical genius, and a master combatant. These, along with many other traits, would make him the victor in this fight!
dynamicduodebaters

Con

I would like to keep this round for acceptance only.

Thanks,
DDD
vnraptor

Pro

Okay, since I can't rebuttal yet, I'll start off with some of Cap's history. By the way, thanks for accepting my debate proposal.

After receiving the super-soldier serum, Steve Rogers could run 30 mph, (although he has been known to up his speed to 50 mph) lift 2,400 lbs., (1,200 lbs. on each sidebar) and survive 200 foot drops onto cars unscathed (and without his shield). The serum also increased his brain capacity, making him a genius in tactics and strategy; his IQ rivals Tony Stark's.

After fighting Nazi forces and super villains for several years, he was frozen in ice after a mission gone wrong. His official comeback was in 1964, and since then, he's battled HYDRA, AIM, gods, monsters, a Russian assassin designed to kill him, and even his fellow Avengers.

At the end of the day, no one has Captain America's experience. I mean, why else would they make him the leader of a modern superhero team after he was displaced in time? Cap stands for truth, justice, liberty, and freedom!

1. marvel.com/universe/Captain_America

2. marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America

3. www.comicvine.com/captain-america

4. http://bit.ly...
dynamicduodebaters

Con

(INTRODUCTION)

I am so, very sorry that this has taken so long. School has been crushing the life out of me and I have found little time to debate.

(REBUTTAL)

“After receiving the super-soldier serum, Steve Rogers could run 30 mph,”

Yes, but Master Chief could run half a kilometer in 30 SECONDS! Simple mathematics will tell you that in total that is around 60 Kilometers per hour, or for you americans out there that is 37.2823 miles in an hour. There goes that argument. {1}

“lift 2,400 lbs”

That is around 1 ton. Impressive, better than any human on the planet, however, Master Chief can “he could easily destroy Wraiths (Covenant Tanks)” {1} A Covenant Tank weighs around 47 tonnes (47,000 Kilograms) {2} So, essentially Master Chief can lift 47 times more than Captain America. Still seems like Star-Spangled Avenger has a chance? No? Ok, let’s continue.

“and survive 200 foot drops onto cars unscathed”

Master Chief survived a fall from space unscathed. Point: Master Chief.

“At the end of the day, no one has Captain America's experience.”

I would say that Master Chief has equal or even more experience. He was experiencing SPARTAN-II training at the age of 6, has fought and killed thousands of aliens and must have way more training then cap. Not including the period when he was frozen Captain America is only 36-38 years old from my own calculations {3} however Master Chief is around 46 {1} as of Halo 4.

I believe that I have refuted all I need to.

(ARGUMENTS)

“His bones and muscles are denser and harder and so are amplified to the highest human potential, which makes him very durable compared to a normal human. He is durable enough to the point that if a person beats him with a thick wooden stick, the stick would eventually break and Rogers would show little discomfort. This level of durability is how he survived other forms of extensive punishment throughout his career such as falls from several stories like when he landed on a car from 6000cm/200 feet with no discomfort. Roger's durability is high enough to where he can take blows from beings with low superhuman strength, and not be fatally injured.”{3}

This points out that Captain America is durable, however he has no unique resistance to weapons, like guns, blades and explosives. May I point out that Captain America has died? Two notable occasions include Captain America Vol 5 25 where he was killed by a sniper? And Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 17 where he is stabbed? While yes, Captain America has his shield to defend himself, but what if Master Chief knocks it out of his hands? Without the shield he is toast. Even if Cap were to use his shield offensively, he cannot win. Master Chief’s bubble shield can simply block the incoming shield, All that is left is a man with peak human conditioning vs. A man who has superhuman-level strength, futuristic weapons, armor that can let you survive falling from space, and his very own A.I.

(CONCLUSION)

I am done for now, thanks.

DDD

(REFERENCES)

{1}http://www.comicvine.com...

{2}http://halo.wikia.com...

{3}http://marvel.wikia.com...
vnraptor

Pro

I will submit to Master Chief's feats, But Captain America has some equally impressive if not greater accomplishments under his belt:

-Cap has defeated Super Soldiers like Master Chief without being injected with his own serum.
-He easily beats a group of Asgardian Trolls.
-He is one of the only people worthy to wield Mjolnir.
-He is adept in every martial art (a way better hand-to-hand combatant than Master Chief.)
-While Cap's average strength is 2,400 lbs., he has been shown to lift a tree, toss an anchor, and haul a supply truck. So is strength is more comparable to Chief's than you might think.
-Steve has outrun birds that can sprint 50 mph, while trudging through snow. Again, 30 mph is his AVERAGE speed, but Cap will break the boundaries if need be.
-He can throw his shield faster than a speeding bullet (literally).
-Roger has caught a TORPEDO with his bare hands and deflected it upward with his shield!
-He can dodge bullets and lasers even without his shield.
-Knocked out Namor the Sub-mariner with a single punch (and Namor is stronger than the Hulk).
-Pushed down Colossus (a guy with organic steel skin).
-Incapacitated the Hulk.
-Stalemated against Wolverine numerous times.
-Has battled and defeated a majority of characters in the Marvel Universe.

I think you get the point.

And Captain America does have more experience: Cap was a prominent comic character in the 1940's that eventually lost popularity. But like I previously mentioned, be made his official comeback in 1964. Modern day (2014) to 1964 is 50 years of experience, and that's not counting his WWII years.

Also, you mentioned Cap being killed by Sharon carter? Well, she actually used a high-tech gun that didn't kill him, but rather put him in alternate realities throughout time and space; reliving old memories and battles, giving him even MORE experience!

Finally, Captain America has fought opponents like Master Chief. The Punisher and Winter Soldier are both violent war veterans that wield many guns and advanced technology, yet Captain America has beaten both of them.

That's my argument for now,

Thanks.

www.comicbookmovie.com
dynamicduodebaters

Con

(INTRODUCTION)

Thank you for your argument. I appreciate that you did not forfeit, as that is quite common these days.

(REBUTTALS)

These feats of Captain America are impressive but I believe that a lot of these feats take place in multiple universes, there is even one where he is Iron Man. I believe that using different information from separate universes is a little unfair, as it means in one universe Captain America could be stronger than another.

I tried to find a resource that proves Cap once lifted a tree, but I found none. It is very unlikely that he would use Mjolnir against Master Chief, probably because Thor owns it and not Cap. Yes, Captain America is quite good at multiple martial arts but he does not know all of them, Even if he is a better hand-to-hand combatant that does not mean he would win. As for the speed, I again found no resource supporting your claims. Yes, he may have knocked out Namor (Who is NOT stronger than the hulk) But Namor was out of water, and was not at his peak. Also, Colossus is only 500 pounds, below Captain America’s strength. Stalemating against Wolverine is not a surprise, as Wolverine is not as skilled as Captain America. I hope you get the point.

“And Captain America does have more experience: Cap was a prominent comic character in the 1940's that eventually lost popularity. But like I previously mentioned, be made his official comeback in 1964. Modern day (2014) to 1964 is 50 years of experience, and that's not counting his WWII years.”

FALSE!

What you said about the publication history of Captain America is true, however time in Earth 616 and time in our world is different.

“It is possible that 4 years of comics in our universe are the equivalent of 1 year in the Mainstream Marvel Universe, as it is revealed in 2013's Indestructible Hulk that the 2008's Skrull Secret Invasion happened one year ago in Earth-616. This would mean that from 1961 (the debut of Fantastic Four #1 and the beginning of the "Age of Heroes") to 2013, only 13 years have passed in the Earth-616.” {1}

There you have it. Captain America is younger than Master Chief, who was and still is training and has been for 40 years straight unlike Cap, who only started military training after the age of 21.. And as stated before, alternate realities, at least in my opinion do not count.

I hope everyone gets my point.

(FINAL ARGUMENTS)

I believe that Master Chiefs weapons which include various guns, grenades, laser swords, flame throwers and more plus Master Chief’s enhanced abilities are simply too much for the Winghead, and again, Cap has no particular defense to weapons. A quick list of Master Chief’s weapons is in order.

-M6 Grindell Non-Linear Rifle: One of the most if not the most powerful guns in Halo. It is extremely damaging to infantry and Captain America would probably be considered infantry. {2}

-M41 Rocket Launcher: While this beautiful piece of weaponry is primarily used to fight vehicles, if it can tear a 66 tonne Battle Tank into rubble, just imagine what it can do to one person.{3}

-Overshield: A defensive weapon, yet still useful. “The Overshield technology is developed by the Covenant to enhance their Sangheili warriors' personal shielding system. The Overshield can be used by anyone utilizing a personal shielding system such as a SPARTAN in a MJOLNIR armor or Sangheili with a combat harness. “ {4}

For more weapons used by Master Chief and his fellow soldiers please check this link:

http://halo.wikia.com...

Anyways, my point is that these extremely powerful weapons plus one extremely powerful guy = one dead Captain America.

(CONCLUSION)

I once more thank my opponent for an excellent debate. Please vote Con!

DDD

(RESOURCES)

{1}http://marvel.wikia.com...

{2}http://halo.wikia.com...

{3}http://halo.wikia.com...

{4}http://halo.wikia.com...
Posted by Smart_Aleck 3 years ago
Smart_Aleck
by the way, you say rebutt. but that doesn't matter. I really like your reasons. how did you do your research?
Vote Placed by RevL8ion 3 years ago
RevL8ion
vnraptordynamicduodebatersTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling to Con due to Pro saying "I will rebuttal," with no major flaws on Con's part. Arguments to Con because of his rebuttals and Pro's concession. Sources to Con because of more specific articles regarding Master Chief's feats while Pro tried to use entire articles about Captain America.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
vnraptordynamicduodebatersTied
Reasons for voting decision: con showed that Master Chief, with his many weapons and amazing armor, could not be stopped by Capt. America